Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Because if i posted "facts" about how many car accidents there are in the united states......

but said "we are not counting anything but cars with the colors red and blue"

that is what your report is doing. Not counting mass shootings with 10+ people just because no one died...or less than 4 people died....
    Just because you don't like the way the facts are presented, doesn't make them untrue.

If someone wants to make a point about red cars, that is their right to study the accident rates of red versus blue cars. In fact, insurance companies charge more for red cars, because they do get in more wrecks. It's the fault of the person who chooses red, not he car itself, but it's still relevant in that context.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    Your data seems a bit off:

For example Norway:

1,88 deaths / mil / year * 7 years * 5,223 mil = 69 deaths for Norway, google says 77 were killed by Breivik alone.

And a reminder of sample bias. If you would have taken a loot at newer data (for example 2012 until now), you would have had like...0,01 deaths per ano per mil for Norway.

Don't trust data you haven't collected yourself.
    WHAAA!???! You mean context MATTERS!!! Madness.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    Even if you use per capita figures no country in the EU would even come close to the US figure, unless you use obviously fake data.

"Frequency per Mass Shooting per million people" seems like a bullshit statistic to me. What does 'frequency per capita' even mean? What is the unit of frequency?
    I'm not going to engage with a person who lists that location below their avatar. How you get away with that, is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Facts are facts, regardless of the motives of who says them. Can you refute the figures presented? If you can't, then you don't really have an argument.

Facts don't care about your feelings.
    Context is for kings though. Stats with out context are the weapons of children in debate.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Your data seems a bit off:

For example Norway:

1,88 deaths / mil / year * 7 years * 5,223 mil = 69 deaths for Norway, google says 77 were killed by Breivik alone.

And a reminder of sample bias. If you would have taken a loot at newer data (for example 2012 until now), you would have had like...0,01 deaths per ano per mil for Norway.

Don't trust data you haven't collected yourself.
    the guy is trying to justify his preconceived notion that everything is fine in the US having mass shootings every week, leave the guy alone!

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Because he is not counting all the mass shootings. He is actually not even counting 1/2 of them.

just a simple question.
    How is shooting 11 people not considered a mass shooting?

the table does not use different data that "some"...it uses different data than almost "all" other studies.
    You are welcome to make a chart that lists the data you want. You are welcome to question why this data is sorted this way. But you can't refute the factual nature of what is presented. At least, no poster has yet been able to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    already post it

it's a UNODC study
    that stand for United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime

PDF is here https://www.unodc.org/documents/gsh/...E_BOOK_web.pdf

And in summary it says

But perhaps right winger don't believe in United Nations. Must be a chinese hoax.
    Russia: No Data

LMFAO

Maybe Trump should learn from his buddies over there and make laws to stop tracking homicide rates.

Just so I'm adding something to the discussion, the majority of the US numbers come from the areas with the most strict gun control and from handguns, not assault rifles. Food for thought.

Just because you don't like the way the facts are presented, doesn't make them untrue.

If someone wants to make a point about red cars, that is their right to study the accident rates of red versus blue cars. In fact, insurance companies charge more for red cars, because they do get in more wrecks. It's the fault of the person who chooses red, not he car itself, but it's still relevant in that context.

they are not FACTS when you make up your own definitions on what you are studying.

IF i am talking about ALL ACCIDENTS but only include blue and red cars....it can never be FACT.....

IF you do a study on mass shootings but do not include MASS SHOOTINGS....then it can never be FACT. the study fails instantly statistically in the first paragraph.

again how can you do a study and discount such huge mass shootings that have 10+ people being shot?

- - - Updated - - -

You are welcome to make a chart that lists the data you want. You are welcome to question why this data is sorted this way. But you can't refute the factual nature of what is presented. At least, no poster has yet been able to do so.
    OMG DUDE......then its not fact.....you cannot study mass shootings and not include all mass shootings.

holy crap.

Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    Well, I compared 500 million Europe with 300 million USA..

The slovakia case was just pointing that these statistics just doesn't make much sense.
    Why not just present the facts in a per capita basis, like in the OP? Why approximate per capita, when you can just use actual per capita. Also, how is comparing the US, to the other remaining members of Western civilization, less accurate than comparing it to Asian cultures?

What a fucking trainwreck of a thread.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    What a fucking trainwreck of a thread.
    Just like the op's "facts".

Quote Originally Posted by AceofH View Post
    except you still have to register guns.

Good Try. the fact is that gun control will not prevent criminals from getting guns. it will only prevent the lawful from protecting themselves.
    How many times will this need to be repeated. Nobody wants to take away your hand guns for self defense, just semi automatic and automatic weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Laozi View Post
    are you being fucking serious your comparing literal acts of terror performed by foreign nationals and right wing extremist's (likely driven by the revenge loop) with you're preventable school shooting's................

I wouldn't be so fucking angry at this if it wasn't mostly America's fucking fault we have the terror issue. if you wouldn't keep forcing failed regime changes on the middle east and funding the fuckers we might not have to be nerves around every guy with a beard the hires a van.

our seriously lumping your stupidity in with the Paris attacks, terrorist attacks and civil wars ?

hurp durp America doesn't have a problem because more people died from guns in the Ukraine and that's in Europe !!!! dribble dribble....
    Blaming the violence that comes out of the Mid_east on the US shows no grasp of history........

The Mid-East has been continously at war for over 1000 years (killing each other). The US is less than 300 yrs old.

There was plenty of violence spilling out of the Mid East long before the US came along.

As for terrorism and mass shootings in your country, how about: blaming the actual terrorist or gunman (surprising I know- but it is usually actually their fault), the organizations they associate with (not mentioning any "cult like" "organizations" that promote terror, but i can think of a few), your own leadership and their failed policies.

It just seems a lot more likely that any of those would be the cause before the US (obviously)......

You can hate if you want though, just get in line behind all the other haters (hey at least while you stand in line you will be with people of a similar mindset).

I do agree with you that the school shootings are totally preventable. Look at all the warning signs missed in the latest one, a blind man could have seen it coming.

Unfortunately, both of our political parties (we only seem to have 2 for some reason) are in the pocket of the gun makers- so we won't get any real action from them.

It is unfortunate, but most of my countryman have been fooled by one party or the other and they are totally convinced that their party is always right and the other one is always wrong (ridiculous (I know) but when you drink the "kool aid," you believe stuff like that).

This state makes it impossible to compromise on anything or to "come together" and get some real action on issues (what would be required in this case).

You can't find compromise and move forward when everyone is basically yelling some version of "Me=right, you=wrong."
    Last edited by Alydael; 2018-02-21 at 09:19 PM.

It’s a shame when people cherry pick data.

Quote Originally Posted by Laozi View Post
    they don't idiots make me angry, dead kids make me angry, and yanks make me angry the most.

there is a fundamental difference between the actions of terrorist cell and your mental health system being shit. get that straight right now.

as for America being the leading cause in the rise in militant Islam its not even a damned secret there own government has held there hands up to it, the CIA's involvement in the middle east from 1949 to 1989 is in the public record from recorded CIA involvement with the Muslim brotherhood that led to the suez crisis to
    the support of Islamist's over communists or the established regime in the persian revolution by president carter and the
    arming and funding of the Taliban in the 1980 soviet invasion of Afghanistan, the list goes on and on.

read you history this stuff is right in released documents, America has a hand in every major event in the rise of militant Islam and thing is its rarely on purpose its one fuck up after another.

if i punch you in the face, am i to blame for you punching me back ? yes.

My advice to you, is to focus on what is going on in your own country, wherever it may be, and stop bashing my nation, that you clearly don't know anything about.

You can blame every problem in the world on the US, but it just makes you look ignorant. It's conspiracy theory levels of delusion, to think that jihadists are somehow the the fault of the US.

You aren't punching anyone in the face, kid. You are not tough. You are not going to physically dominate anyone, despite your keyboard warrior threats. Making threats across the internet is just evidence of your cowardice.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    How many times will this need to be repeated. Nobody wants to take away your hand guns for self defense, just semi automatic and automatic weapons.
    a friggen hand gun is semi automatic...

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    you got me, totally made that one up with my nifty excel skillz. In fact the US as the lowest gun murder rate in the entire world. It's amazing actually. Those americans are so peaceful and restrain when it comes to gun, it's like they are god's angels. It's no wonder god bless only america and no other nation in the world.
    If you can't refute the facts, you can always mock them.

Yes, I agree. God bless America. The rest? Meh...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Apparently, you have never heard of a luger...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    WoW was the first MMO.

And invented the fantasy genre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Not many people know that Tolkien was born just outside Goldshire, and EverQuest was originally a bugged quest line from Mankirk's wife that required you to go in endless loops up and down the Barrens.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    We are talking about guns, not Canadian dating sites.

I don't have this problem because I buy my bambi from the counter.
    They sell venison in stores where you live? Do they also sell dog? Asking for a friend...