Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    worse every season ? did u play cata pvp ?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by felomornee View Post
    I remember back in the days you qued in a battleground and you had fun. Even when you had terrible gear and got destroyed you knew you will have a come back later after you gather some gear. And geared players had satisfaction for feeling how the character progressed with this high ilvl gear but now?
    Haha yeah, no. Stop kidding yourself.

Nobody had fun when you joined a BG and saw your team of fresh newbs against fully geared enemy. Was it fun to know you're gonna get totally annihilated and there's no way in hell you're gonna win, in fact, not even get a reward, because that's how it worked back then? The only "fun" there was to have your premade team stomp an enemy team of fresh newbs.

There's only two ways to do it - scaling or leagues.
    Scaling means no gear progress, but instant play.
    Splitting into leagues means smaller player pool and longer wait times.
    That is, if you want "fair play". I'm putting it in quotes because we've had strict stat templates and restricted consumable usage since the Legion released and the balance is all over the place. I know there's a certain rock-paper-scissors, but it feels like some scissors are so dull they won't even cut the paper. Also the team matchmaking is fucked up too.

What should they do as the first thing though, is abandon this dream of making WoW PvP a MLG thing.
    There's a reason why is there no other game like this too. It just doesn't work.

In MOBAs and these OW kinda shooters, you can swap the hero depending on whatever - your team composition, enemy team composition, your current mood. Not in WoW, you need to spend the time leveling different toons and gearing them up.

Make the PvP oriented on casuals, forget those leetzorz skillzorz who will never be happy anyway (Ashran was a product of WoW team working together with some top pvp players and look how that turned out)

Quote Originally Posted by Benssax View Post
    People still pvp? I haven't done that since getting over 100k kills in vanilla.
    I think I still don't have the "duel" achiev...

I think the biggest problem with pvp is the lack of impact a player feels when doing casual play. In a battleground, people go afk because they feel like just a cog in the machine. If classes had the ability to contribute and make a big difference you would see more engaged players.

Hopefully the apply what they learned from their more competitive games and revamp pvp.
    "I pulled up to moonglade about 7 or 8
    and yelled to the trainer "yo resto cya."
    Looked at my talent tree, i was finally there.
    To go to Karazhan and tank in dire bear."
    -Yarma

I think what puts me off PvP is I've seen it all before. Years before. AV is still the same zergrush it's been since TBC. I might be more interested in PvP if they spiced it up a bit. Have random modifiers each week like M+ has.

Examples:

Earthquake: Every 15 seconds have a 5 second silence where you can use no abilities (but can still move and dots/hots still tick).

Crowded: All BGs are now 40v40.

Minefield: Mines continually spawn in the arena, damaging players who get too close to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    fixed your flaws. you are welcome
    Ganking = wpvp. If you hate it or not.
    Player Vs Player. no matter what lvl difference there is.

It's not fair or fun for some, but it is 100% part of WPvP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Owlmygod View Post
    Who the hell cares about random bg? Saying pvp is only rbg is the same as saying lfr is the only pve content.
    I do. Actually, I did. Not anymore. For someone more interested in raiding, random BGs used to be a fun change of pace. Now, they are just painfully slow feeling. No excitement. Last one I joined, the other team had a pair of really good healers that stuck together and it was just a 10 on 10 dry humping session until the BG ended. Even the one or two times people worked together and got one down, the other did enough to keep the rest of the team well and alive until the dead one respawned. I get that it's a random and not supposed to be high-level PVP but hell, it's just not interesting.

Really annoying that Wakening Essence are tied to a random BG...

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Ganking = wpvp. If you hate it or not.
    Player Vs Player. no matter what lvl difference there is.

It's not fair or fun for some, but it is 100% part of WPvP.
    If they wanted "ganking" to be a part of WPVP, they wouldn't be giving people the option to toggle PVP off. It's groups of ganktards camping beacons, flight paths, etc. that has driven them to this option.
    Last edited by Swampmoose; 2018-02-22 at 06:25 PM.

most people who pvp really enjoy it

i dont think ive ever met people in pvp who are like "i hate pvp this is worse than pve" simply because they are two separate things

i hope pvp doesnt go away in BFA, i hope that it encourages more people to try it if anything

Quote Originally Posted by Numptydumbty View Post
    Excellent trolling. Spelling and wall of text as well.

9/10.
    If you say so. I read literally only the first sentence. Fuck walls of text and the people who write them.

Quote Originally Posted by Xendral View Post
    In Legion, the average PvP player can get better gear for PvP from Lfr / Normal mode Raids. But this is just fine i guess.
    I mean, if we're talking about the AVERAGE PvE player, they can too. They could also probably get upgrades from doing PvP activities. The "average" is actually shockingly low if you only look at places like mmo-champ.

And looking at the TOP players from the NA leaderboards. They are using PvP gear. Most of them aren't even enchanted. 2960 in 3s with 953 ilvl, with pieces below 940. if the ilvl really mattered that much in PvP you'd think the rank 1 NA player would be able to do some M+15s just to fill out those slots, no?
    Last edited by Better; 2018-02-22 at 06:55 PM.

The rated PVP community is the biggest killer of PVP right now. You have a bunch of die hard people who are absolutely bitter over what rated PVP has become, and take it out on anyone trying rated PVP out.

As much as I enjoyed pvp over the years (did nonstop pvp from vanilla - cata as an ultra casual afk'ing 10 a week + chain bgs) I can't say I'd miss it if it was entirely removed come BFA.

They just need to get back to TBC/WotLK state of PvP. But this they can't do, since the most important thing that made WoW PvP good was class diversity. It was just fine back when not every class had access to stun, interrupt, a form of CC and 2 get-out-of-jail cards. There were FotM classes and setups, but there was also a kind of asymmetrical balance that made every match require unique approach based not just on your initial plan, but also opponents' setup. Now I haven't played Legion, so I don't know if that was fixed, but it was just like that in WoD, and it was a result of years of streamlining that actually started in WotLK, but weren't nearly as noticeable.

Healers need to be able to get OOM in less than 30 minutes of constant fighting, there must be a way of nuking people down without exhausting literally every cooldown on their team, it should be possible to chain CC. Arena can't just be battles of attrition. Sure, it's fun to have a 10 minutes long match where you get to cycle cooldowns and both teams play so well that it does basically require a mistake or outplaying your opponents, but it's also fun being able to pressure your opponents so hard they fall apart in 2 minutes or less.

So while it's impossible now to have class diversity back to TBC/WotLK levels, reducing HP/MP pools compared to possible damage output must happen if PvP is ever going to be fun again. That is my stance, at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

I giggle to myself when people think wanting gear progression/no templates in Instanced PvP situations just want ganking... news flash, Ganking is alive and well, go to Argus on a PvP server. PvE heroes have double your HP if you are just starting out, I'm not sure how this idea has continued throughout Legion. Sure your spells scale a bit differently but its not the same as instanced PvP.

Have a geared Guardian Druid pop cooldowns on 10 people, see what happens to them. The only really fun fights I've had in world pvp this expansion is tank vs tank to be honest. Unless its a Blood DK, have fun with that. Its just a farce that geared players don't have a HUGE advantage over normal 930/940 folks.

As may have been said previous to my post,
    I do wish PVP and PVE would be 2 separate games in the wow universe.
    The balancing,Nerf bat cycle is tedious and more than a little annoying for myself.
    Keep in mind I also think pokewow should have been a phone app game only.
    However, Blizz made these part of the game so...to those who enjoy it in the Wowverse? Good on ya. Enjoy

10+ Year Old Account
    Pvp has already been scrapped. Did you see wpvp at all during this xpac? It is nothing but 1 shots and godmode tanks. Notice the ridiculous endless prestige grind, and no other rewards? The shit gear with endless amounts of versatility on it forcing you to pve for any decent gear, the blatant disregard for any and all feedback.

It was scrapped the moment Legion went live, and WoD wasn't helping its case either. I think we've all accepted it at this point, and I agree just fucking give up on it or give us resilience back and pvp vendors so dragonslayerLordxxswagMaster420 doesn't blow me the fuck up at a glance cuz he does mythic.

Participation is at an all-time low, even worse than WoD, yet Blizz still refuses to add and even said no to soloq and it's near impossible to find partners that don't babyrage quit after the first loss. #deadgame

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    every class had access to stun, interrupt, a form of CC and 2 get-out-of-jail cards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Now I haven't played Legion
    Lol you just described Legion PVP word for word. Just forgot to mention that melee has obscene uptime and is nearly impossible to shake off depending on class.

Quote Originally Posted by felomornee View Post
    its a complete circus what it has become. Im still wondering how can PvP in every xpac become worse then before i mean seriously. Over the time it has been seeing a massive decay in participation but this pile of shit what pvp is supposed to be in legion is the final nail to the coffin.
    Someone tell me why did they had to make some league of legends tier brawler out of it? Everythings adjusted and completly boring, they are pushing those stupid "hehe epic teamwork" agendas when the majority couldnt even care less about the outcome of a random BG. I mean those templates are good for arenas but definitly not a battleground. Anyway i que into something the other day and from the start its a visible loss because we have 1 less healer and they have a tank as flag carrier and those tanks dont even die with 100% more damage taken debuff. Being completly honest what the fuck is this supposed to be? How did that even get past the PTR on wich only streamers play for cheap views on twitch. I remember back in the days you qued in a battleground and you had fun. Even when you had terrible gear and got destroyed you knew you will have a come back later after you gather some gear. And geared players had satisfaction for feeling how the character progressed with this high ilvl gear but now? Everything adjusted and pruned i cant even tell if this is WoW or overwatch at this point. I go in and there is no outplay potential because all the enemy has to do is to right click me and press this hotkey wich is blinking.
    God damn
    Delete troll?

BFA is Alliance vs Horde.

cut

No idea what you're talking about, PvP is fun for the first time that I've ever played it in a position where I wasn't laughably overpowered (vanilla as a rogue). The scaling lets skill matter more than gear and the difference is hugely positive.

Yeah. In an expansion that pits the Horde against the Alliance for control of Azerite is going to be the expansion where PvP becomes obsolete.

Nevermind that whole mess where we burn Teldrassil to the ground!!

I enjoy some casual pvp from time to time. Legion has actually been great in incorporating pvp into normal casual gameplay and It made me actually try to participate, even in some world PVP.

I have no idea what the people, who claim world pvp and pvp as a whole is dead, are talking about. Are they playing a different game? Or is it because one class is stronger than another one at 2500 arena level?

Again I'm wondering if people on this forum are actually serious or just trolling all day long