Quote Originally Posted by Karzerus View Post
    I like how the VE are called traitors when the BE turned their backs on them in the first place.
    They are though. They wanted to study the void in order to protect silvermoon but given a chance at actually controlling the void they turned their backs and sided with alleria and her goal of taking silvermoon back by force basically. Also the void and the sunwell can't mix, purposely trying to expose it to the void because they "think it will help" is just an act of terrorism
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    Yeah....because they almost corrupted the sunwell.
    they didn't. They got kicked out because of a case before the fall fo Quel'Thalas to the scourge (I forget the name of the guy) who betrayed the High Elves and he HAPPENED to delve into void magic at the same time, so the practice was banned forever. Rommath advises to throw out any elves who delve into the void. They were literally thrown out of the kingdom, how can they be traitors when they got exiled first?

I don't think people understand what a traitor is. If you are exiled, you no longer belong to that kingdom, therefore it is literally impossible to be a traitor towards that kingdom.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    They are though. They wanted to study the void in order to protect silvermoon but given a chance at actually controlling the void they turned their backs and sided with alleria and her goal of taking silvermoon back by force basically. Also the void and the sunwell can't mix, purposely trying to expose it to the void because they "think it will help" is just an act of terrorism
    They had no choice in the matter though at first it was blood/High Elves doing their thing and ended up being like Alleria(Having the void in them).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post

"I made my self a danger to my own country BuT tHeY aRe ThE tRaItoRs."

Please.
    Nice justification, actually pretty inline with how readily Lor'themar exiles and deports anyone who displays dissent, like he did with the Quel'lithien lodge elves. Reminds me of someone...

10+ Year Old Account
    How people excuse Void Elf lore (can we even call it that?) will never stop being odd.

Deleted
    Yeah....because they almost corrupted the sunwell.
    No, they didn't. If anything, Alleria did. Because the BElves researching the void were still Bloodelves when they were exiled and were not themselves voidtainted. The research they did made Rommath advise Lor'themar to exile them. (Very ironic considering they themselves are descendants from people that were exiled for their continued use of a banned magical art^^)

But they also didn't go Alliance because of their exile. They still lived in the Ghostlands, continued their research and arguably belonged to the Horde, when Alleria discovered them (after she had heard about them at the Sunwell). They had just then found access to the Telogrus rift and got overwhelmed by the void, Alleria saved them and convinced them to join the Alliance afterwards. Before Alleria came along they didn't even seem to think about joining the Alliance, despite their exile.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    How people excuse Void Elf lore (can we even call it that?) will never stop being odd.
    "Because the're Pretty"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    It's not my favorite Allied race but I'd rather people not misrepresent what happened to them.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    "Champion, come back te Silithus. I've discovered how we can be healin' Azeroth!
    Magni, tell me what we can do to heal Azeroth.
    The Heart of Azeroth can heal the planet's wounds... but ye need to get it more power if we're gonna stop it permanently.
    More wounds be appearin' throughout the planet, and more forces be seekin' te use it for their own ends.
    Ye need te stop these forces and absorb any azerite they be usin' te empower the heart!"

Well kinda explains on why we are getting rid of the Artifacts...
    Not really at all.

It just explains what we're doing with Azerite and the Heart of Azeroth. Makes the villains seem less coherently N'Zoth and more a grab bag of evil.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    They had no choice in the matter though at first it was blood/High Elves doing their thing and ended up being like Alleria(Having the void in them).
    Um they had 100% choice in the matter. It's called listening to your leader when he tells you to stop it is dangerous. If alleria didn't go looking for them they would be void slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Azelas View Post
    they didn't. They got kicked out because of a case before the fall fo Quel'Thalas to the scourge (I forget the name of the guy) who betrayed the High Elves and he HAPPENED to delve into void magic at the same time, so the practice was banned forever. Rommath advises to throw out any elves who delve into the void. They were literally thrown out of the kingdom, how can they be traitors when they got exiled first?

I don't think people understand what a traitor is. If you are exiled, you no longer belong to that kingdom, therefore it is literally impossible to be a traitor towards that kingdom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalay View Post
    No, they didn't. If anything, Alleria did. Because the BElves researching the void were still Bloodelves when they were exiled and were not themselves voidtainted. The research they did made Rommath advise Lor'themar to exile them. (Very ironic considering they themselves are descendants from people that were exiled for their continued use of a banned magical art^^)

But they also didn't go Alliance because of their exile. They still lived in the Ghostlands, continued their research and arguably belonged to the Horde, when Alleria discovered them (after she had heard about them at the Sunwell). They had just then found access to the Telogrus rift and got overwhelmed by the void, Alleria saved them and convinced them to join the Alliance afterwards. Before Alleria came along they didn't even seem to think about joining the Alliance, despite their exile.
    We dont know the actual context of that sentence but since its bfa I would assume they are called traitors for joining alliance, not for being void elves. Though they joined alliance because of what happened with sunwell and Alleria.

10+ Year Old Account
    Um they had 100% choice in the matter. It's called listening to your leader when he tells you to stop it is dangerous. If alleria didn't go looking for them they would be void slaves.
    Sure they could not mess with the VoId(Keyboard is being weird) but they did and what happened to them turning into Void Elves isn't something they chose.

Warrior-Magi

Turalyon being confused about Liadrin being a Paladin is just so massively stupid, I hope the line is changed. She was on Argus, ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Sure they could not mess with the VoId(Keyboard is being weird) but they did and what happened to them turning into Void Elves isn't something they chose.
    New void elves choose it, actually. You see Silvermoon scholars and High Elf researchers in the rift, standing next to some velf channelers.

If they hadn't been kicked out and forced to try and scrounge desperately for knowledge by themselves, they probably wouldn't have ended up in the rift in the first place.

It's extra retarded when the Blood Elves aren't also kicking out Warlocks, when Fel magic is a hundred times more chaotic and uncontrollable, a hundred times more corrupting, and a hundred times more responsible for their entire race being wiped out and the Sunwell being destroyed in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    The new icons seem to indicate kultiran heritage armor.

It's frustrating when wowhead doesn't label their datamined icons and mmo-champion doesn't have them on their front page.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karzerus View Post
    Nice justification, actually pretty inline with how readily Lor'themar exiles and deports anyone who displays dissent, like he did with the Quel'lithien lodge elves. Reminds me of someone...
    When they make themselves an obvious danger, its a wonder he didnt have them tossed into prison
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    We dont know the actual context of that sentence but since its bfa I would assume they are called traitors for joining alliance, not for being void elves. Though they joined alliance because of what happened with sunwell and Alleria.
    Yes, I'd think so too and from Lor'themar's point of view I'd also say he is correct in calling them traitors. But we also know that some of the remaining Highelves saw him as a traitor too, and now suddenly a lot of NPC Highelf mages have appeared in Stormwind, talking to the Voidelves, so I guess these are supposed to have been there before, as mages in the Sanctum, so who is the traitor depends probably on where you stand in the conflict. As per usual

I don't agree that they joined the Alliance because of what happened to the Sunwell, though. Because they'd never have come close to it anyway after they were voidtainted, they were already exiled. Alleria offered them a way to continue their research and a new path to chose, a future, and that is why they joined the Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    If they hadn't been kicked out and forced to try and scrounge desperately for knowledge by themselves, they probably wouldn't have ended up in the rift in the first place.

It's extra retarded when the Blood Elves aren't also kicking out Warlocks, when Fel magic is a hundred times more chaotic and uncontrollable, a hundred times more corrupting, and a hundred times more responsible for their entire race being wiped out and the Sunwell being destroyed in the first place.
    They got kicked out for refusing to stop tampering with the void. If they stayed they would have opened a rift that would of destroyed silvermoon.

No matter how you spin it they choose to continue studying the void they are the traitors

7+ Year Old Account
    i like how things are going with the dialogues of warfronts, this is what im expecting, more orcs and trolls x humans and dwarfs there, this is warcraft at finnest, not bullshit about elves, and undead elves (but yet they managed to put liadrin there, never change)

nice taunts on Turalyon by rokhan, and a rly nice interaction with Trollbane wanting to reclaim his land, hope the expansion get a lot of this old conflites into new things too