Page 1 of 13
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Post Mission Table is Back Again.

So I was just checking out some of cool screenshots of the New Horde City naming Zuldazar and then I find this room with Nathanos and High Priestress with a Mission Table inside. So does this mean Mission Tables are back once again for the New Expansion? I wonder what new champions/followers would we have?

Personally its probably best to do other kinds of content in the new expansion than Mission Tables. After having mission tables for two expansions in a row I kind of feel that community is pretty much sick of them.

What do you guys think? Do you like mission tables or do you hate them with a burning passion and want something else to do in the game other than same old facebook content?www.wowhead.com/news=282154/exploring-the-royal-chambers-of-dazaralor-the-horde-hub-in-zuldazar#screenshots:282154:26

I don't mind them. Its free stuff for a couple minutes of management. Wouldn't miss them if they were gone though.

I'm strongly in favour of them (even more so when tied to a phone app). It gives me a way to advance in-game when I'm away from it.

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    I'm strongly in favour of them (even more so when tied to a phone app). It gives me a way to advance in-game when I'm away from it.
    This times a million. Love them.

I don't think it is compelling game play, or really any form of game play at all, but it doesn't "bother" me.
    I'd prefer they go away, but not upset they aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    So I was just checking out some of cool screenshots of the New Horde City naming Zuldazar and then I find this room with Nathanos and High Priestress with a Mission Table inside. So does this mean Mission Tables are back once again for the New Expansion? I wonder what new champions/followers would we have?

Personally its probably best to do other kinds of content in the new expansion than Mission Tables. After having mission tables for two expansions in a row I kind of feel that community is pretty much sick of them.

What do you guys think? Do you like mission tables or do you hate them with a burning passion and want something else to do in the game other than same old facebook content?www.wowhead.com/news=282154/exploring-the-royal-chambers-of-dazaralor-the-horde-hub-in-zuldazar#screenshots:282154:26
    I kinda like the direction it was taking, from WoD to Legion, it got better, less tedious a bit. I'm certainly not hyped for it, I barely care, but I don't think it's hurting the game. I would like to see these missions having less progression thought, make it something that I don't feel like I need to grind to lvl followers and increase their ilvl, that shit is annoying. I just enjoy picking the right followers and send them on missions and then get a surprise a few hours later, that part is okay to me.

Also it's kinda fun with the companion app I guess.

No issues with them, its more stuff to do and you can do it from your phone.

Deleted
    I really hate the mission tables. When everyone has to do something no one gains anything over anyone else. Mission tables have never felt rewarding for me, only punishes people who want to take a break from the game.

Not gonna reject free stuff.

To counter oldgeezer, I am strongly against them. I don't do them at all (in game) and is one of the limiting factors to play alts and complete the order hall campaign. If it wasn't for the phone app I would completely ignore it.

Not even slightly, most people who play this game do not comment on forums. You will never get an accurate census on the forums for or against something.

At any rate, mission table is fine and there is no reason it should go away and very likely won't. Because it's an extremely popular feature for people who work as they can continue advancing in game with them when they are unable to play.

Thats not a mission table. So far you only use it for picking your next leveling zone.

I absolutely hate them and hope they disappear. They serve no purpose but to force you to feel like you have to log in constantly to maintain them. Sure, you CAN skip them, but theres a reason my friend makes a good 800k a month off his table missions and I make nothing off them. Makes me feel like I'm having a shitty mobile game shoved down my throat.

I also don't own a smartphone, which makes it even more aggravating. I'm at a significant disadvantage because I don't want to pay a lot more per month for a phone I'll never use. I signed up to kill monsters and run around in an open world, not click on a table and receive gratification.

I think it was pretty well done in legion, except for a few grindy missions, so it's good that it's back and being improved upon rather than being scrapped like everything else they do
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just let it dieeeee

Missions table keep people logging in, as well used for time gating. Blizzard likes that.

Plus World Quests are carrying forth into BfA... so would make sense we'd be earning resources off that to contribute towards its use.

Wow, it's as if I just clicked a youtube thumbnail with bold yellow text, red circles and pointing arrows.

How do you know it's a clickable object from where you will play the facebook game?

It's just a table with a map on it, these were always there, making it look like the important NPCs are doing something important.

Btw blizz LOVES to reuse assets. Those "new" buildings and tents in Silithus? They have a map of AU Draenor pinned on the wall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    The Garrison as a whole was a problem, the mission table wasn't too bad except for the fact you didn't have to enter a raid at all to get loot.

Deleted
    Mission table isn't even mandatory in Legion beside

1. Weekly cache that spawn not even weekly
    2. Gold mission that aren't mandatory
    3. AP mission that aren't mandatory
    4. Dungeon cache that stopped being useful after the first item lvl buff

Don't mix Garrison Table with Legion Table.

Deleted
    If we are back to the concept of troops for the Horde or Alliance ("demoted" from our commander status of the Garrison or Order Hall), then it does not make sense anymore to keep command tables and followers around. But if our characters will somehow keep a superior status (a commander rank in the Horde or Alliance), then some kind of command table would fit that.

Though I would prefer these things to have no impact on the story progression (strong bottleneck here), and only have a supporting effect of some extra cash or reputation or tradeskill items along the way. I would also like to have longer missions, actually. Even with the mobile app, it's still tedious to check missions on alts if you have many (especially if you like the comfort provided by some addons, which are not available with the app).

So, I would not mind to have these as some kind of sideshow, but they should be less important as they have been in WoD or Legion, and ideally not connected to story progress at all. Just some followers supporting your character, if anything.