Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Why should I like Tyrande?

People have kept throwing around the excuse that Nightborne belong to the Horde because Tyrande was rude that one time. Let me be clear, I have no problem with Horde Nightborne specifically, but why does Tyrande have to be the cause? Why couldn't they find a better way to justify it?

The question I keep asking myself as an alliance fan is, why should I like Tyrande after that?

Ever since the start of the MMO Tyrande has been nothing but a hindrance to the Alliance. She ruined relations with the Blood Elves in BC, now this, and on top of it all she's not even that great a commander as evidenced in MoP. The only positive thing that I can maybe attribute to her is that she helped bring Gilneas back into the Alliance. Too bad the only time we see her during that questline is at the tail end where she welcomes Wargen players.

What do you guys think?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Sympathy for disabled. Some characters are blind. Some lack limbs. As for tyrande...she is lacking somewhere else. In space betwen ears to be more precise.

who knows dude. why should we like any character in this game besides maybe khadgar and magni at this point.

7+ Year Old Account
    Because:

Alliance also have its waifu. We simply not so vocal when someone trashtalking her.

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    Alliance also have its waifu. We simply not so vocal when someone trashtalking her.
    Its goddamn hillarious how proud of yourself you are.

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    I dunno, boobies?

Quote Originally Posted by Elune-life-nature View Post
    Because Blizzard doesn't like her and the night elves.
    Basically this. If you wanna complain about any night elven character, blame Blizzard.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    They ruined Tyrande sometime between Wrath & Cataclysm. And they way they re-introduced Malfurion was just horseshit.

What makes you think you should?

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletov View Post
    Let me be clear, I have no problem with Horde Nightborne specifically, but why does Tyrande have to be the cause? Why couldn't they find a better way to justify it?
    It's really not the only cause though. The Nightborne were once Highborne, and the Night Elves are still weary of Arcane magic after all these years. Thalyssra believed that joining back up with the Nelves would keep them just as stagnated as they were in their bubble, as far as the Arcane is concerned.

Tyrande having no diplomatic skills, and Liadrin acting empathetic, only made this an easier choice for Thalyssra.

No reason to like any character, liking a character is up to you. Tyrande also brought the Hightborne, Worgen and Draenei into the alliance. But Thalyssra going horde because of Tyrande asking her that question but still helping to save Suramar made Thalyssra's character look worse, it really should have been something more than that, now Thalyssra just looks extremely petty.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Its goddamn hillarious how proud of yourself you are.
    Sarcasm flew over your head. Again. I'm not surprised.

7+ Year Old Account
    You should not, elves are made to be hated and killed

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    Because:

Pretty poor fan art looks more like a purple blood elf then a night elf.

5+ Year Old Account
    a character is simple, you like it or not.
    if you do not like it, its fine, you are supposed to have an opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Lets see your masterpiece before you feel privileged to trash another persons artistic effort.

Back OT: Shes such a badly written character that I honestly wished that she had died in Legion and Ysera had survived.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletov View Post
    People have kept throwing around the excuse that Nightborne belong to the Horde because Tyrande was rude that one time. Let me be clear, I have no problem with Horde Nightborne specifically, but why does Tyrande have to be the cause? Why couldn't they find a better way to justify it?

The question I keep asking myself as an alliance fan is, why should I like Tyrande after that?

Ever since the start of the MMO Tyrande has been nothing but a hindrance to the Alliance. She ruined relations with the Blood Elves in BC, now this, and on top of it all she's not even that great a commander as evidenced in MoP. The only positive thing that I can maybe attribute to her is that she helped bring Gilneas back into the Alliance. Too bad the only time we see her during that questline is at the tail end where she welcomes Wargen players.

What do you guys think?
    Better yet the Night Elf "fans" like to plug their ears to anything in WC3, where she was also incompetent, reckless, and foolish. The novels portray her as helpless.

She has very consistently been written as a kinda shitty person.

There is so much talk about her being "ruined" but seldom can anyone point out any time she did anything of merit. In the WotA she did nothing and was rewarded by Elune's blessing. After the WotA, her first major act as the new military lead of her people? Combine the church with the military and kick out all the men, and then she led them through a centuries long war that technically never ended against a poorly armed, armored, poorly organized force of Satyr.

In WC3 she goes around failing at her one and only job until she frees Malfurion so he can take over and get shit done (in the process of this she kills nature spirits, and then after freeing Malfurion, kills her own forces for doing what they were told so she could free Illidan). Then naturally she gets pissy as Illidan for doing the exact thing she freed him to do. In TFT she nearly kills herself by blowing up a bridge while she stood on it.

The only argument I EVER see for why she's a great leader is: Well she's been doing it so long.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

You shouldn't. She's a terrible character, even if she might be an ok person.
    She's like Sylvannas in reverse.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzyorcborne View Post
    Lets see your masterpiece before you feel privileged to trash another persons artistic effort.

Back OT: Shes such a badly written character that I honestly wished that she had died in Legion and Ysera had survived.
    Sorry your feelings are hurt because I don’t like bad fan art I guess? The art it self isn’t bad but it looks more like a high elf then a night elf and that makes it bad art of her.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I have another (my favorite):