Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Just another politician(s) pushing policies on things they know nothing about, and make little sense once you think about it.

"Thats why the rest of the developed countries dont have as much gun crime, its because they placed restrictions on video games!"

Anything to protect the guns, because they are not the problem. They are in fact, apparently, the solution. /sar
    Mafia History

Mafia 2/2 | Town 6/9 | SK/Cult 1/2

10+ Year Old Account
    That'll stop those school shootings I am sure.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by EUPLEB View Post
    Duh I know that, but who can't pull a trigger in very rapid succession to shoot multiple bullets in a short amount of time.

Try doing that with a handgun that you constantly need to reload (Unless it's obviously also a semi handgun).
    You keep using the word "Semi" & "Semi-Automatic" I dont think you really know what it means.

- - - Updated - - -

As long as they include it in the same bill that legalizes and taxes marijuana, then go ahead.

10+ Year Old Account
    SIN TAX? Eh sure maybe, why not put the taxes collected into a fund, like an insurance why not.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Bad example, sorry.

Most people can't handle a desert eagle. I can chop you up like butter with a kitchen knife.
    Give me a desert eagle and I'll kill two of you without having ever shot it once.

Gun vs knife is never a fair fight.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    You do realise that if a guy started stabbing 5 others would take him down, right? A knife is not a rifle.
    Didn't those little rascals who crashed a few planes into some random places about, oh, 17 years ago, use knives and box cutters to do so?

Also, this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Kunming_attack

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    I actually wasn't referring to explosives. Not going to go into details, obviously, but toxic fumes can be quite deadly.
    I fail to see a scenario where toxic fumes can be used in an attack. I am just not aware of any substance that will kill you fast enough, before you realize that something is wrong and open windows. It has to be an unrealistic "people are locked in a basement with no way out" scenario, not a school situation. Not to mention that deadliest fumes, like hydrogen cyanide or carbon monoxide, again, require deep understanding of chemistry, premeditation and ample time to prepare (and would cost you a kidney to set up the extraction). So, without going into specific details, I would like to see what would you hypothetically use in that scenario. Entirely possible that I missed something. If that is so, perhaps US government needs to make a "watch list" for customers buying bulk of that stuff in shops.
    Last edited by Gaaz; 2018-02-23 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Senna1251 View Post
    its because they placed restrictions on video games!"
    Don't get me wrong hear I don't disagree with the point you're making but... isn't the American video game market one of the least censored? Compared to EU or Asia I mean...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Reminds me of a Chris Rock show.

"It takes a vast amount of self control to be this dangerous" he said.

- Ogvai, 6th legiones Astartes.

10+ Year Old Account
    IS this the 90's my god this sort of blame takes me back... have them blamed rock music again too? :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

15+ Year Old Account
    Also, if somebody is willing to buy a few hundred dollar gun, what's an extra 6 bucks on a game gonna do?

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    The EU very rarely completely censors video games, and usually not for violence.
    I wasn't talking necessarily in terms of complete censorship but eg. didn't the EU Carmageddon use zombies instead of human pedestrians etc. So games are relased over here in a "tamer" version.

I'd just like to repeat before anyone goes full postal that I'm not trying to create an argument for it having had any effect on society.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Stop being violent @Video Games or we'll tax you!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Nah. Pokemon makes me wanna watch my cats fite irl (and they toats do)
    Not like you need an excuse to watch cat videos on the internet.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    Didn't those little rascals who crashed a few planes into some random places about, oh, 17 years ago, use knives and box cutters to do so?

And now knives and boxcutters are banned on planes. Someone should tell the TSA and FAA that banning dangerous items doesn't work tho.

Also, lmao, math is hard. 31/8 = 3.875. So they averaged 4 kills a piece, compared to the potential quadruple numbers they could have put up with semi-auto rifles. Good argument. lmao
    Last edited by Priestiality; 2018-02-23 at 08:50 PM.
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post

The guys on the plane were probably following procedures to comply and not escalate while 35000 feet in the air, just like now the cockpit is always locked. As I kid I got to go in there and sit in the co pilot's seat twice in a 747. Good luck doing that now.

The other attack had 8 people. 8 organised people vs a crowd, hmmmm. I am sure that is a fair counterpoint to all these highschool shootings with lone gunmen. Read about how they were taken down also. When their time was up one swat guy killed 5 of them quickly. I bet he just wished he had a knife so he could have polished them all off

Vegas guy didn't need backup and he was untouchable during the shooting by nearly anything, even most guns than anyone would have on them. There really isn't an honest comparison to be made.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaaz View Post
    I fail to see a scenario where toxic fumes can be used in an attack. I am just not aware of any substance that will kill you fast enough, before you realize that something is wrong and open windows. It has to be an unrealistic "people are locked in a basement with no way out" scenario, not a school situation. Not to mention that deadliest fumes, like hydrogen cyanide or carbon monoxide, again, require deep understanding of chemistry, premeditation and ample time to prepare (and would cost you a kidney to set up the extraction). So, without going into specific details, I would like to see what would you hypothetically use in that scenario. Entirely possible that I missed something. If that is so, perhaps US government needs to make a "watch list" for customers buying bulk of that stuff in shops.
    Again, without specifics, Cl2 has the potential to be quite lethal and isn't all that difficult to produce. Though you are in right in the amount of premeditation/planning it would take. But it's important to note that I was mostly trying to match the hyperbolic nature of some of the comments where, and pardon the pun, people are getting up in arms over the infamous Scary Black Rifle.

Video games didn't exist 63 years ago, yet citizens of our country killed a 14-year old African American boy because he was (falsely) accused of simply offending a white woman.

Video games are not the issue here.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's like taxing punching bag because they train you to punch people in the face. What?

Quote Originally Posted by EUPLEB View Post
    It's a system fail. When you have someone posting disturbing shit for months and having 3 prior incidents and he's still roaming free? I'm not sure what you could even do as parents if the system is already ignoring the prior events that happened and it showed a clear pattern that the kid was going to take revenge on his school.

If the system had worked and it was sent to federal level authorities, he would have never gotten a gun and he would've been in a psych ward now.

Sure you can blame some on the parents, but I would say the gun itself and the system not working well is 95% of why this was able to happen in the first place.

- - - Updated - - -
    Fair enough, however, this doesn't make an excuse for all the cases of school shootings. I bet a lot of them could of been prevented by simple parenting.
    Yes, I draw my own avatars.