Thread: Mag'har so....

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Mag'har so....

So old Outland orcs can meet with themselves from AU draenor ?

what the ... is this ?

Quote Originally Posted by Retrinomicon View Post

what the ... is this ?
    Most, yes. AU and MU contain most but not all of the same people. Many different people have also died and been born based on who did and did not die, even in recent history, so I dunno if it would be expected that every orc MU player should have an AU counterpart. Valley of Trials has always struck me as a place for younger orcs, not old.
    Last edited by Firefall; 2018-02-23 at 10:55 PM.

Deleted
    Lol

i thought that there cannot be bigger nonsense than no zandalari paladins, no flying in 8.0 and slower leveling, blizz surprise me every day

If I cannot name my character the same name as my Warrior this will become very saddening.

10+ Year Old Account

what the ... is this ?
    Basically, just like the Draenei could.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Think AU is set like 30ish years or so in the past?

So they can technically meet their 30ish year older/younger selves.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Gonna be strange to level a Draenor Orc through Draenor, as it presents the player as a foreign hero.

So Basicly we play a Post-HFC Orc, yet go back in time to pre HFC events, only to go post-HFC again In Legion

Assuming the origin of the playable Allied race is Draenor and not Outland, and those datamined Orc Clan skins really point to Draenor.

Now most WoW time traveling is purely gameplay related 1-90 especially isn't chronological especially now you can go from Northrend to Outland again and Pandaria back to Cataclysm, and that's fine if you can let it slip that it's for non-lore reasons.

And I don't think they can just rewrite everything to be logical, it'd make implementing anything incredibly hard if it all has to be justified in 100% logic.
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-02-23 at 11:07 PM.

Deleted
    I understand that we are in fantasy, but this is beyond fantasy, something that i cannot define

i hope this is 1. April leak
    Last edited by mmoc6bbb5ea491; 2018-02-23 at 11:10 PM.

Lol

i thought that there cannot be bigger nonsense than no zandalari paladins, no flying in 8.0 and slower leveling, blizz surprise me every day
    Someone's spouting buzzphrases?

It's not "nonsense", if your imagination can't embrace the new Pathfinder system and why leveling had to be slowed down, then it's a you problem I'd say. And Zandalari paladins? Guess they simply don't want to implement them. Not sure why people were so convinced we'd be getting them in the first place.

2 of the points are practical from a gameplay perspective, the other is a design choice. And our Draenei have already met with the AU Draenei, so...

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Think AU is set like 30ish years or so in the past?

So they can technically meet their 30ish year older/younger selves.
    Doesn't really work like that if the playable race Origin ends up being a Draenor Orc, they only travel back in time from the End of Legion to the Start of WoD, and that's certainly not 30 years.

Datamined clan customization points way more to Draenor clans and not Outland.

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    That's kinda the interesting thing though because many of the Draenor Orcs are dead in the main timeline. They typically don't live very long with the exception of a few like Saurfang, Eitrigg and Drek'thar.

Drek'thar meeting Drek'thar could be awkward. Especially since our Drek'thar is basically a vegetable now. That could a very hard thing to see but I guess AU Drek'thar doesn't have to worry about seeing anything now does he?

And for all we know there may not even be young versions of Eitrigg and Saurfang in the AU Draenor. I mean, we never saw them. We never even saw Broxigar which is such a missed opportunity to see the Saurfang bros together.

There will be some awkwardness if famous AU people make their way over to the MU though such as Grom and Durotan. Both are dead in MU but their MU counterparts went on to be legends. Orgrim is dead in both timelines but that would also be a weird thing for Durotan to see Durotar and Orgrimmar named after both him and his fallen friend.

Other than that, I think Drek'thar is the only official counterpart alive in both realms that we've seen. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CreatureLives View Post

Other than that, I think Drek'thar is the only official counterpart alive in both realms that we've seen. Correct me if I'm wrong though.
    I also think that if AU Durotan/Draka would find out Thralls full story it'd be super weird as well.

Thrall meets baby Thrall? Brown baby AU Thrall. (Currently not written in lore, just thinking about it)

Lol

Of course there isn't going to be flying in 8.0, there hasn't been flying at the start of expansion yet. This is the norm how are people still confused by this? Next people are going to get upset that they have to earn xp again.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    Of course there isn't going to be flying in 8.0, there hasn't been flying at the start of expansion yet. This is the norm how are people still confused by this? Next people are going to get upset that they have to earn xp again.
    Just because it’s not new doesn’t mean it’s not nonsense.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    Just because it’s not new doesn’t mean it’s not nonsense.
    Getting upset by a standard that has always been the case is nonsense, even more so when there is no reason at all to think it would change.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    I also think that if AU Durotan/Draka would find out Thralls full story it'd be super weird as well.

Thrall meets baby Thrall? Brown baby AU Thrall. (Currently not written in lore, just thinking about it)
    Fuck, dude. Baby Thrall hanging out with Thrall's son. That's gonna be fucking weird.

....at least it gives Blizzard the option to kill MU Thrall and still have another Thrall in Warcraft 4.

That's been a thing since WoD came out. We never saw any of those meetings and I don't think we will.
    The closest we got to that was Garrosh meeting Grom and Thrall meeting Durotan/Draka.

5+ Year Old Account
    I like to think that Outland is actually in its last faces of inminent destruction so Garadar and others setlements are actually ehm desolated? i think thats the word. For the majority of the Brown Orcs of outland they were introduced into the Horde and many of them die in SoO along the side of the Dragonmaw and Blackrock of OUR time, so i dont think there are many of "Our Timeline Mag'hars" to be a full scale new Race/alliedrace, BUT there is plenty on the Ex-Iron Horde, and by the look of their models We have all the clans, cant wait to have my Laughing Skull Blademaster oh boy

Sometimes I wish I could time travel just to cancel WoD.

I understand that we are in fantasy, but this is beyond fantasy, something that i cannot define

i hope this is 1. April leak
    Alternate Universes are beyond fantasy? I wasn't aware fantasy had arbitrary boundaries.

It's okay to say you don't like something, but to pretend it's beyond the realm of the imagination is a stretch.

Why does this upset people so much? This is EXACTLY why the phrase "Give WoW players gold bars and they'll complain they're too heavy" gained traction. Prime example.