Poll: Your definitive opinion about Legion

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    um the spellbook got raped in the name of artifact and now they are doing the same thing for next expansion raping the artifact/spell book. legion is overall bad design. blizzard has bad customer relations overall, over the years. out of all the expansion's legion in my mind is the first worst one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    Being a returning player to Legion a lot of classes have felt a lot less fun then they used to be. Which is kinda sad, don't know what blizzard did but it sucks. I like the expansion though. AP is extremely tedious though.

Legendaries are awful. Just get rid of them completely or make them nigh impossible to get.
    they raped everyone's spell book on timely retiring of chris metzen Oo! could this be coincidence? Not
    Last edited by Naiattavain; 2018-02-23 at 04:57 AM.

Deleted
    Barely made it to 110. Gave me the final push to quit retail wow.
    But to be fair i was playing a lot of vanilla before going into legion, so I had the contrast and felt disgusted at every minute playing legion.

To make it short:

A good expansion plagued with bad systems.

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted "Good."

There are some flaws. There are some flaws in every expansion, I wouldn't rate any of them as being perfect. But it's back up on the level of what I felt about MoP, which is leaps and bounds ahead of how things looked towards the end of WoD.

I'm happy enough with Legion, definitely.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

10+ Year Old Account
    Ruined professions and added needless difficulty in playing multiple specs and gearing up. Everybody hated the loot system. Talked up class identity even though class uniqueness had been targeted and eliminated over the years. WQ are a good addition. I voted Bad.

Deleted
    ++
    myth+
    raid mechanics

+/-
    raid experience overal
    WQs
    lore
    PvE reward system, TF

-
    class design
    I used to like 5-6 classes/specs in previous expansions. Now its 1-2 (ele shammy and shadow priest, also liked warrior, but tier sets ruined both specs for me in t21, enha shammy was solid in EN).
    --
    legendaries
    trinkets, old trinkets too powerful
    weird tier sets, changing playstyle (dumbing it down), need to farm older tiers
    class/spec changes during expansion, changing playstyle (dumbing it down or making it not competitive)
    clall/spec balance (they stated that you should be able to play the spec you like, not rlly)

---
    PvP gear system was the absolute worst
    No real reward for playing/effort (tier set recolor, and glad mount is not enough and that's for rated stuff). If i win 30 BGs in a row, there is no real reward, get inspired by HotS maybe.. or put honor gear and vendors back, with pvp unique gear/weapon skins.
    Stat templates (mechanics) confusing and not transparent enough

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Worst expansion of all time.

It's a good expansion, the only things I don't like are excessive RNG and time gated stuff.

It's a good expansion, it's no WotLK for sure, but that hit just the right story spot.

Pro:

Zones, are as good as ever, one of the best in the game, only out done by few selected ones, like Grizzly Hills and Winterspring.

Story, the zone ones as individuals are fun, the overall campaign doesn't really reach the climax it could have. I'd say the big thing missing is the lack of presence from the main antagonist in during the leveling process, yes there's demons everywhere, Gul'dan lurks in the shadows, but Kil'jaeden shows up barely in Broken Shore, not to even speak of Sargeras who gets a spot in the final cinematic. I wouldn't expect him to turn up in Azsuna in full form, but that's what made Wrath great was Lich King's presence in the zones. Still the story has a lot of smaller unique twists and characters which made it enjoyable. Beats down WoD and TBC for sure. I'd say ties up with MoP and just classic/Cata revamp.

Classes, it's not perfect, having played most specs, there's some awkward specs there to play. But I liked the prune and the spec fantasies. And the campaigns definitely helped a lot. There's variety from the 1 button specs to like 5-6 button specs, something that for me is about the limit. Outside of utility that gets pressed once every blue moon. I enjoy simplicity, i'm the most happy with like 2 button spec, but sometimes a 5 button priority is fun too. It's when you go over that i loose interest, MoP Feral was one example that i just didn't like from the past. Flow is important too, in that regard fury warrior and enhancement shaman were in the best place, regardless that both are actually the least played ones for me, but solely cause i had no time to play them, literally it's been a 24/7 job to maintain 12 classes on this expansion. They lacked in the cosmetic rewards section, so others were a priority to gear up for mage tower etc. But those two were the ones i wanted to play the most just for the sake of fun gameplay. The flow in both just felt right and good. Probably where i'll spend the last 6 months after all the grinding is over. The content overflow just hasn't allowed it yet, too many things to do. Kind of what i'm hoping for the next expac, less immediate content rush and goals and more just enjoying gameplay.

WQs, this one i'll list as a pro although it's still in the mediocre ground, like it's the best they have done up to this point, by a mile, but it's not what i want from a daily system. But what i want is probably not going to happen until we have an AI that can think dynamically on it's own. I'm glad that gone are the days of TBC style dailies, which i've hated from the bottom of my heart for 10 years. But the daily system won't be perfect until we have npcs and creatures that can create events and fights between themselves for the player to come aid. But at least it's not the static daily system we had in the past, anything is better than that.

Raids, to be honest i don't raid, at least i don't raid current tier. I do the raid content of the previous expansion and lfr. But from what i've gathered it is as good as it is.
    From the story point the most interesting raid was probably Emerald Nightmare. Nighthold coming second it actually being tied to a zone. As on the story front the complaint about Tomb comes clear. Yes it's there at launch, but it doesn't have presence enough to build up to it. Fallen Avatar was cool, the Priestess' were cool to have in the tomb, but other than that it suffered from generic bosses, when there are so many more named demons that could have been featured. Antorus, again the same thing. Aggramar being the pinnacle of the entire place quite frankly. We had Varimathras, on it's own scale of boring. When Gul'dan at the gates of Tomb was surrounded by so many familiar demons and Burning Legion lieutenants i really thought the boss fights coming to the demons are going to be one hell of a ride, but no. Mechanically there seems to be interesting fights, but that has been the norm for a while now. And at the end stood Argus. It's okay I guess. It's no Sargeras for sure, but that was always an impossibility just from the shear size of him. And it definitely is no Lich King for sure, even with the twist towards the end. This one is mechanics vs story, a tie in the middle.

Dungeons, there's some good dungeons here. Actually some excellent ones. I truly enjoyed, Black Rook Hold, Karazhan, Vault of Wardens, Cathedral of Eternal Night, Halls of Valor. M+ can't really comment, in theory it sounds like a good game system for longetivity, but since my top is +2 there's not much to comment.

Artifacts, this one goes to the pro list. In theory again it's a great idea, how it payed out, well it could have been done better. But it's another form of progression outside your physical character, which is good. After the max level the customization is gone, so i would have improved that part. But it really gave a progression path to chase through the entire expansion for the skins, still does. It's thing that keeps me playing still. AP was just another grind in a game of grind, it's a con but what can you do if you play a game of grind.

Cons:

Legendaries, I kind of liked the idea that changes abilities and the way you play a spec. But it being tied to a random loot roll. Nope. Just straight out of the bat.
    Why aren't these effects just plain out talent choices? That's what is interesting, the choice, the customization of your character and your spec.
    I kind of get why some people miss the old talent trees, I personally don't miss them, but when you have a system like the leggos i kind of do understand. Like in the old talent system the biggest flaw was getting a talent point of 1% crit or 2% of resistance or whatever. Boring as ****. Even the new system has had these type of talents. Then we have glyphs, leggos with modifying effects and procs that are interesting and would serve 10 times more interesting as pure talents. I don't get why they are wasted here, on something you chase an entire expansion and still might not get. This is something i want to see, more choice, more customization and not just any passive stat increase or whatever, it has to be the relevant kind. I don't want to see specs bloated with abilities, but talents that modify the existing ones like some of the leggo effects do. In artifact system they kind of do this, it's an extra talent tree, just without choice, you get them all in the end and that's it. Obviously the problem is if these were just talents tied to levels, like you couldn't just level endlessly to unlock more talents and like artifacts where reaching the max ends the choice. That's a good question where you go after max level to keep progressing, but still being able to get what is needed to be viable, so that it's not an endless concordance grind.

The gear, On contrary what most people are saying, i like the titanforging. But purely from the point that i don't raid. Honestly i don't care about gear, other than when it's preventing me from accessing content. Because of tf i stayed relatively geared through the expansion, across my entire account, probably the most geared i've ever been with alts, i don't think i've ever been at normal raid tier gear across every toon at the end of an expac, being able to do all things outside last tier high raiding. Catch up helps but getting a tf or wf helped a lot. For me it did exactly what it was intended for, because i didn't chase some magical bis proc once, for a non-raider the gear sealing is about 930-940 max. so if i happen to forge a 925 it just meant i can stop farming world boss for 930, it was a chore out of the way, done. 945 tf proc wasn't something i was fishing for, it was all just extra and a means to get to gearing the next spec or class faster than intended. Why i needed to if i don't raid? First of all mage tower comes to mind. From the start i was here for the skins, heck i've been playing this game since vanilla mainly for cosmetics, for gearing purposes i haven't played WoW this much in years. The idea of mage towers didn't exist at launch, but i knew the skins would be tied to raids etc. So gearing up was necessary on everybody. Balance of power to start with, that's the point i actually raided in this expansion, granted it was a tier later, but i actually completed heroic raids, which i haven't done since Cata. Still i did it for cosmetics cause it was the only way, i still do it, i'm missing 5 mage towers on my account as i'm gearing up the toons. Other than that i hate gearing in this game, which is kind of funny thing cause it's a huge part of the game, but personally i'd just prefer leveling or putting stat points on my characters "body" than changing gear pieces for better. Perfect mantra here would be "bring the character, not their shirt" And that's all this point as con boils down to. It's the same as it has been a decade, gearing sucks and it's the most time consuming part, but this time it was a necessity if you cared about cosmetics as much as i do.

PVP, well well well. Before launch and the highly anticipated templates, i was psyched about pvp, probably the first time ever. This is something i had been waiting for, well since always. Gear removed from pvp, greatest thing of all times. It would have been, if it actually did that. Instanced pvp the templates are active and it's the same ground for all, EXCEPT it's not. Didn't read the small print where it says your item level increase your stat template by a fraction, which with the item level gap in this expansion could as well be like it was in the past. On top of that you have the curve of learning your pvp talents before you're actually viable, which they crushed shorter in a patch with the first prestige, but still.. Then wpvp where templates don't exist and where the legendaries with oneshot specs come in to play, it's exactly like it was 13-14 years ago. You done fucked it up. Turns out there's no pvp like WoD pvp, seems that's the best it will ever get.

Professions, again I get what they wanted to do here. It's just that it didn't really work. Questing combined with professions is a noble idea, but in order for it to work it actually has to be interesting. This is just a chore of running around like a headless chicken, take this to that guy which then sends you back to the first guy. Then we have different levels that improves your efficiency, again nice idea, but if you tie a recipe behind a daily cd of waiting like in cooking, where you can keep stuffing the panda with ingredients and still not get that one lvl 3 recipe after 300+ days, go shame in a corner, you've done a bad game system.

The lottery, yes it's an rpg, the dice rolling is a core part of it. But when you shove that down everywhere, it's not fun anymore.
    Alone if titanforging was a thing, heck it's a nice surprise when you're not that geared, but when you combine that with all the other things from the cooking panda to a core spec ability to the mandatory legendary for your spec. Stack overflow. Stop this madness and learn to regulate where rng and praying to baby jesus is viable.

Argus, one more point. This is purely a personal and opinion matter. I don't like star trek mixed with dungeons and dragons. That's where this boils down. Everything that's happening on the surface of Azeroth is fine and dandy, but the minute you step in to a space shuttle that's where it ends for me. This is already the main reason why i look down TBC. I'm sure there might be more in our immediate future, since after the next expansion there might be no more Azeroth, but well have to see again then. If Broken Shore was black and green of boring, Argus is on another level. And you can't even fly on this poorly excuse of no path available. Zone design has been a corner stone of this game for a long time, i don't know who designed this piece of turd among some of the pearls we've had over the years..

Overall:

Honestly i liked this expasion, i'd rank it top 2 with Wrath, then MoP, Cata and WoD tying in, with TBC still holding the last place. It does new things, things that were much needed. It's developing ground for better. Even in the cons list it's not all terrible, there's good ideas and intentions seemingly, it's just the final execution that lacked with them. Same goes for the pros, they are not all high and mighty. But so it has been with every expansion. When looking at WoD example it let me do my own thing without stuffing content constantly down my throat, which to me was a pro. Cata the controversial questing revamp, for me it made the classic zones better.
    Last edited by Redecle; 2018-02-24 at 03:50 PM.

Well out of all the xpac's it's my favourite so far. I think people forget just how many things there have been to do in this xpac.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Good, but could've be done better.

+
    Raids
    M+

Indifferent
    Lore
    Leveling
    Class design

-
    PvP
    Legendaries
    TF
    This is pretty much how I feel about Legion as a whole, it was good overall but it had some meh and bad things to it, mostly RNGesus being our new Green Jesus.

I fucking hated going back to Dalaran and having to share it with the Alliance. I never understood that even in Wrath. “Let’s take a city smaller than literally any other main city in the game and cram both factions into it.” Laziest shit ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Content (raids, dungeons, etc) is great.

Legendaries were cancer.

Class design was shit.

PvP is a dumpster fire.

3/10.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Easily the best since Wrath.

The first time in WoW (playing since june 2005) that I feel Blizzard want me to be just a hamster....

RNG ad infinitum
    Timegating ad infinitum

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Worst expansion of all time.
    No one cares what you think, Negative Nancy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    No one cares what you think, Negative Nancy.
    Right back at you amigo.

Deleted
    Only played for a month or so as still a tad burnt out from OD'ing on Warlords so YYMV but

- Liked the scaling, liked World Q's, and the graphics seemed a step up

- Disliked Followers, follower missions, Artifact grinding, and Legendary RNG

so have plumped for 'average'

Overall average. The expansion itself was definitely a step up from WoD, but Blizzard made sure to capitalize on that effort and infuse the game with never before seen greed. So, overall, average. Blizzard has their work cut out for them next expansion though, because people will become weary of the greed and will need even more effort into the expansion itself, which I'm not sure we will see.

rng killed what could have been one of the best expansions