Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Nah, but they should give the option to create hardcore chars (like 2 or 3) on a separate list (bypassing the char limit per realm), or maybe, to split loot, open a couple of hardcore servers (still acceting account bounded items, maybe?)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    The Iron Man challenge isn't something they officially support and it isn't the intended way to level.

If people want to do it then fine, but there shouldn't be an incentive for it.
    But why? Your arguement is weird.

Why incentivize doing anything but LFR/normal mode? I mean, you're technically making your own life harder by raiding mythic, right? Should obviously not reward better gear and people can just do it for the challenge.
    The top part of mythic raiders are also risking health issues due to the amount of time they put into the game etc.

@Iconja: I definitely think they could dwell into other "styles" or challenges. I realize Path of Exile is a completely different game and instead could be compared to Diablo 3, but they occasionally make small events and also have the server-wide announcement when players die on hardcore, which adds a lot of excitement and fun.

The game is getting very stale, not just because we're nearing the end of an Expansion, but the game as a whole.
    I really think it's time for them to think outside the box.
    Last edited by mmoc0fe1241b18; 2018-02-24 at 01:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cellineth View Post
    But why? Your arguement is weird.

Why incentivize doing anything but LFR/normal mode? I mean, you're technically making your own life harder by raiding mythic, right? Should obviously not reward better gear and people can just do it for the challenge.
    The top part of mythic raiders are also risking health issues due to the amount of time they put into the game etc.

@Iconja: I definitely think they could dwell into other "styles" or challenges. I realize Path of Exile is a completely different game and instead could be compared to Diablo 3, but they occasionally make small events and also have the server-wide announcement when players die on hardcore, which adds a lot of excitement and fun.

The game is getting very stale, not just because we're nearing the end of an Expansion, but the game as a whole.
    I really think it's time for them to think outside the box.
    This isn't thinking outside the box at all. It's a challenge made by very bored people for being the sake of a challenge. When you put official rules on it then that takes away from personal iteration, everyone who wants the reward will have to do 'blizzard's' iron man challenge and any other challenges will be cast to the sidelines due to lack of reward.

It's better now where the challenge is there for people who want the challenge and they have freedom to dictate their own terms to it without being excluded from rewards.

Once Blizzard adds rewards you'll have people who don't want to do it doing it for the sake of the rewards and hating every moment of it, just like with heretige armors.

Deleted
    This isn't thinking outside the box at all. It's a challenge made by very bored people for being the sake of a challenge. When you put official rules on it then that takes away from personal iteration, everyone who wants the reward will have to do 'blizzard's' iron man challenge and any other challenges will be cast to the sidelines due to lack of reward.

It's better now where the challenge is there for people who want the challenge and they have freedom to dictate their own terms to it without being excluded from rewards.

Once Blizzard adds rewards you'll have people who don't want to do it doing it for the sake of the rewards and hating every moment of it, just like with heretige armors.
    This is literally no different than having mythic mode in the game and players actually being incentivized for playing.

And yes, this IS thinking outside the box. All they currently focus on is end game instead of introducing new ways of playing the game in the first place. Some people don't enjoy having a second work at home (raiding), or simply enjoy other aspects of the game. I don't see anything bad about Blizzard focusing on the other aspects of WoW. Leveling used to be a big thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cellineth View Post
    This is literally no different than having mythic mode in the game and players actually being incentivized for playing.

And yes, this IS thinking outside the box. All they currently focus on is end game instead of introducing new ways of playing the game in the first place. Some people don't enjoy having a second work at home (raiding), or simply enjoy other aspects of the game. I don't see anything bad about Blizzard focusing on the other aspects of WoW. Leveling used to be a big thing.
    The option to do the challenge is still there if you want it. They don't need to incentivise it.

Deleted
    I am against rewards for that besides a feat of strength. Just that would be enough to motivate me one more time.
    But more shouldn't be in there.

Deleted
    The option to do the challenge is still there if you want it. They don't need to incentivise it.
    But it's OK there are other challgnes at end game where they do incentivise it.

Ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    I rather not see exclusive rewards for doing this. At most a Feat of Strength.

A setting with "official" rules could be nice however.
    Na, rewards are a MUST.
    Every content that does not offer rewards so far was a failure and will continue to be so.

Title + Achievement\FoS, in my opinion.

Only a matter of how hard it is to make the system into the game. I know there are quite the comparison between this one and Insane in the Membrane, but the latter is quite easily achievable using the reputation system that is already well put into the game.

As achievements or feats of strength? Sure.

As actual gameplay modes? fuck that. Already bad enough the crybabies got Classic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Na, rewards are a MUST.
    Every content that does not offer rewards so far was a failure and will continue to be so.
    Ahh yes, let that dopamine rush through your head. Let it consume you. Blizzard demands that in order for you to get your dosage of dopamine, you must plaaaaaaay. You must be... Rewaaarded... You must... Grind... You have to... Earn it....

Seriously, you and others like you couldn't sound more like dopamine zombie slaves if you tried.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    As achievements or feats of strength? Sure.

As actual gameplay modes? fuck that. Already bad enough the crybabies got Classic.

- - - Updated - - -

Ahh yes, let that dopamine rush through your head. Let it consume you. Blizzard demands that in order for you to get your dosage of dopamine, you must plaaaaaaay. You must be... Rewaaarded... You must... Grind... You have to... Earn it....

Seriously, you and others like you couldn't sound more like dopamine zombie slaves if you tried.
    You are right of course, but that is how a reward system works, so I fail to see the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    They made the original Insane in the Membrane achievement so why not an Iron Man one? Just give it a title as a reward and possibly a tabard.
    This. People forget The Insane was a title rewarded originally for grinding reps that had absolutely no rewards to them whatsoever. I don't see what the big deal would be doing the same for the ironman challenge

Quote Originally Posted by Xinkir View Post
    because it was rep people were getting anyway
    You do not get reputation with Bloodsail Buccaneers and Ravenholdt just naturally playing the game. You have to go out of your way to get it.
    THere are a whole host of achievements for intentionally doing something random that you otherwise would not normally do while playing.
    Are you saying all achievements like that should be removed?