Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    No. Human life should never be taken away. Legally or otherwise.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    "TheEaterofSouls" is your alt account?
    And btw.: I cannot watch videos where I'm right now, can you provide a text based source?
    Nope, only account. 6 years old account too.

It's a documentary about a humane prison in norway designed to rehabilitate criminals. Admittedly, i don't think anyone care to rehabilitate the florida shooter, he's getting locked up for life.

But someone was asking about what country have decent accommodation for prisoners.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Lol.... really? I see it completely the opposite. You want kill him because deep down you are disgusted of him, he reminds you of what humanity can be like, it’s dark shadow. Hate, disgust, fear all play a part in your mind.

I don’t fear, or hate him. I pity him. He would under my definition of justice spend the rest of his like either thinking about what he did, and maybe grow as a person, or be tormented by people just like him in prison. Not knowing freedom, with no hope.

You release him from the torment he earned. I don’t think that’s just at all. You just did it for your own selfish, emotional reasons.
    It is balance a life for a life. It makes no sense to take pleasure in his suffering nor wasting resources on his confinement.

Keeping him alive is a waste. Releasing him is foolishness.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mlz View Post
    Yeah, Socrates was also forced to commit suicide, after all. Well deserved.

On a serious note, care to name some of the jurisdiction systems in history that you seem to admire?
    To be fair he was being a complete dick. I know the story and what he did was absurd. As for historical sources I have no idea. The best justice is the simplest.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    To be fair he was being a complete dick. I know the story and what he did was absurd. As for historical sources I have no idea. The best justice is the simplest.
    So tldr is that you don't have much knowledge about history, law enforcement, psychology or anything else that actually matters in this case but you feel inclined to have an opinion. Well, clearly you're not the only one like that in this thread, so there's that
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.

I’m not taking pleasure in his suffering. The suffering is a result of his actions. He did it to himself. He should live with that, the guilt, the suffering he caused others. Maybe he grows as a person, from his own bad choices, his own hell, and comes out better for it.

If not, he has no hope of escape, no hope of freedom, tormented by violent people just like him.

This I call justice.

Your version placates your emotions, and nothing more. You release him from his actions. He learns nothing, and we as a society became weaker by giving in to “revenge”. An emotional(corrupted) version of justice.
    It is the most efficient way. All you are is making finical victims among his physical ones. I do not offer redemption simply an end.

i would say yes for many reasons, and even some if not many will say ..oh its not civilise it this time and age to execute people yada yada yada. have someone muder that you care for and you wont say all that crap

1. a mass murderer is beyond redemption

2.if you were in the place of the victims family would you really say.. ahh screw the death penalty let him live ?

3 your taxes pay for him living the rest of his life in prison living the good time. heck in prison your living it good compare to people trying to make a living. why do u thing
    when they get out they want to go back in

4. so many people are put in jails they dont even know were to put them. do a spring clean up once in a wile and make some room for those that do earn a place in prisons for
    a few years. dont tell me charl menson all the years and money it cost to feed and lodge him ended up doing anything good? at the end he died in jail eating all our your
    money keeping him in there instead of giving him the chair when he first was put in there
    The difference beteween genius and stupidity... genius has its limit

Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    Mob justice, even better!

You're missing the point. Everyone in this country gets due process. Otherwise you set precedents for "oh well he obviously did it" and that's how you end up with people being exonerated from murders they didn't commit thanks to newly surfaced evidence (like when DNA first came into use) years after they've been executed. Even if someone obviously did it (and I agree, this motherfucker deserves the worst death that can be thought of), it's detrimental to the system to set legal precedents like that.
    How is it Mob Justice if we know he did it?
    Kenny gona die tonight!!!

It costs more to execute someone in the US, than house them in prison. It’s more efficient to keep him alive, and having to bear with the crime he did.
    That is mostly our fault a bullet is not a terrible price.

Yes, via firing squad.
    Originally Posted by Tradewind
    Well yeah, did you see the daughter? 0/10, would not bang.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gouky View Post
    How is it Mob Justice if we know he did it?
    The mob stoning someone who is guilty is still a mob.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Then change the law and then you would have a point. At this moment your argument is invalid.
    True I suppose its a weird how we got to this point. We try to go through so many hoops when it comes to death when all it takes is a steady hand and some lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    Cases without the death penalty cost $740,000, while cases where the death penalty is sought cost $1.26 million. Maintaining each death row prisoner costs taxpayers $90,000 more per year than a prisoner in general population.
    https://deathpenaltyinfo.org/costs-death-penalty

The average length on deathrow is 15 years. $90,000 * 15 = $1,350,000

So executing him would cost 1.26 + 1.35 = $2.61 million

State prison cost per inmate, 2015
    Florida $19,069
    https://www.vera.org/publications/pr...rison-spending

So life sentence, assuming 50 years detention
    $740,000 + $19,000 * 50 = $1.690,000 (i know, not counting inflation)

Life in prison seems cheaper though i am not sure how to account for inflation. In any case, it's not cut and dry.
    I reread this like at 5 times now and i will be backing to it everyday. Like man read yourself what you wrote and how dumb someone must be to actually believe it?!?!

You are saying that death row prisoner cost 90.000$ MORE then normal one PER YEAR?! With safe assumption thats at least 100.000$ per year, that's almost 10.000 per month, is he fucking registered at HILTON ? ! 10.000 amercian dollars per MONTH ?! Thats 300 dollars per day for a guys that sits in a cells and does nothing, what the heck, does he has free stripers everynight with cocaine and champange ? !

On to another part of your glorious post, "Cases without the death penalty cost $740,000, while cases where the death penalty is sought cost $1.26 million" not really understand this here, so u saying if the procurator wants different penately for suspect he automaticly pay 500.000 dollars more? Just cause he was after death penately? What he pays for? A fee to God for taking someones life or ? How going after diferent penately has any means to change the price of the trial?!

I have no idea how on earth anyone can believe this and i am just terrified that someone actually can...

Quote Originally Posted by Terminatrix View Post
    i would say yes for many reasons, and even some if not many will say ..oh its not civilise it this time and age to execute people yada yada yada. have someone muder that you care for and you wont say all that crap

1. a mass murderer is beyond redemption

2.if you were in the place of the victims family would you really say.. ahh screw the death penalty let him live ?

3 your taxes pay for him living the rest of his life in prison living the good time. heck in prison your living it good compare to people trying to make a living. why do u thing
    when they get out they want to go back in

4. so many people are put in jails they dont even know were to put them. do a spring clean up once in a wile and make some room for those that do earn a place in prisons for
    a few years. dont tell me charl menson all the years and money it cost to feed and lodge him ended up doing anything good? at the end he died in jail eating all our your
    money keeping him in there instead of giving him the chair when he first was put in there
    You will not prevent future shooting sprees by just killing off the current offenders. If you actually cared about bettering the society by making it more safe and not just getting your revenge, you'd prefer studying the mentally ill individual to a) get a better insight into the illness itself and b) prevent any potential similar cases in the future. Almost every person is able to kill, or at least torture, given the right circumstances (just search for relevant experiments, e.g. the Stanford prison experiment). For some, the point of snapping is a lot closer than for the majority and usually it is due to some kind of a mental illness. People do not choose to be mentally ill. Deal with the root problem and it will be a lot less likely that you will have to contemplate whether you should kill another school shooter or not.
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CSINada View Post
    I reread this like at 5 times now and i will be backing to it everyday. Like man read yourself what you wrote and how dumb someone must be to actually believe it?!?!

You are saying that death row prisoner cost 90.000$ MORE then normal one PER YEAR?! With safe assumption thats at least 100.000$ per year, that's almost 10.000 per month, is he fucking registered at HILTON ? ! 10.000 amercian dollars per MONTH ?! Thats 300 dollars per day for a guys that sits in a cells and does nothing, what the heck, does he has free stripers everynight with cocaine and champange ? !

On to another part of your glorious post, "Cases without the death penalty cost $740,000, while cases where the death penalty is sought cost $1.26 million" not really understand this here, so u saying if the procurator wants different penately for suspect he automaticly pay 500.000 dollars more? Just cause he was after death penately? What he pays for? A fee to God for taking someones life or ? How going after diferent penately has any means to change the price of the trial?!

I have no idea how on earth anyone can believe this and i am just terrified that someone actually can...
    Well i cited my reference. I am no genius. I usually research info i need and don't readily know.

here is the reference again
    https://deathpenaltyinfo.org/costs-death-penalty

Report of the California Commission on the Fair Administration of Justice (2008):

“The additional cost of confining an inmate to death row, as compared to the maximum security prisons where those sentenced to life without possibility of parole ordinarily serve their sentences, is $90,000 per year per inmate. With California’s current death row population of 670, that accounts for $63.3 million annually.”
    Feel free to debunk the document i cited. I always enjoy learning more. But until you adequately debunk, that document seems legit to me.

Quote Originally Posted by CSINada View Post
    Must be hard to be unable to use google: The budget office said 83 percent of the expense per prisoner came from wages, benefits for staff and pension costs.

Mostly it’s because in a roundabout way your government owns you, but you also have rights that are guaranteed by the constitution, some of which are stripped when you commit a crime.

When the government wants to kill you they have to go through a bunch legal justifications; that takes time and lawyers; that’s the outcome of having a lawful society.

The other issue that would come up... what is a life worth? Is a criminals life worth less? Who gets to decide?
    Society as a whole or at least the part that can exercise violence decides.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Hang him from a noose till he dies.

That should save taxpayers the most money.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Death penalty can still be useful at some cases, but im not sure on this one.

Even though he is mentally sick, and knew the size of his wrong and intended it, he is just a fucking kid, still, and the way HIS PARENTS watched him, the way they experienced him and the way surroundings made him do this - should be executed and removed from a fucking society too.
    He is hot headed, emotionally driven and psychically broken.
    What he did - is one of the highest monstorosities that can be done... but executing him will be just as outrageous.

On the other hand, if you stays in Prison for all his life - won't help either. Making him live in jail and die there earlier or later is the same bad.
    If he "cures" or gets released before the end of the sentence at age 49 or 60, his life makes no sense anyway, and he may still pose danger to people outside.

It is very controversial.
    Such crimes should be prevented, and these people should be given a proper care, without pills.

It is very difficult to say, what should be done for him.

But i think he should be given an experimental treatment, figure out what causing these people do such things, and cure the catalysts of this behavior in our societ overall.

Weapons are still allowed... perants still dont watch.. because they are not happy with their lives...
    Fuck this world, guys.
    Last edited by Gweenz; 2018-02-25 at 04:44 PM.

Well depending on the society “god” (or the “creator”) decided, we are equal (under law) in the US, at least that’s the ideal inshrined in the constitution.

So we can either create a new amendment, saying a criminal is worth half? One third? Of a none criminal, or we instead treat everyone justly.

How your ideal society chooses to punish criminals may not be compatible with western ideals though. Though it would be interesting to compare the two, and see how/where suffering and well being exist in both societies.
    It is a fluid concept I imagine right now its tolerated because of how much excess even the poor of our society has, If things ever get tight I imagine prisons will become far less crowed.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Why? He does not deserve so.

Someone who does something like that should never be killed, that equals granting them freedom.
    They should stick to a dark room for the rest of their lives until insanity completely takes over.. if it hasn´t already.

By killing you remove any possible suffer, remorsedevelopment, you simply put that person to sleep and allow them to get away with it, because their crime will become the last thing they did, it will become what they did in their live, rather than it being suffering as a pay coin for their crime.
    That would require the guilty to actually care about what he did....

Anyone who comits this senseless killing cares not about the people he killed or the after effects of their families. I say kill him, all these mass shooters are doing it because they WANT to kill people... They KNOW that if they are taken alive, they will live their out their lives in a comfy prison bed, where they can get access to computers, get free education training,free food 3 times a day..

MEanwhile, those victims that are no longer allowed to live, their families that will no longer have them in their lives, see their Mid school Graduation, high school graduation college graduation, see first marriage,first child, Christmases, thanksgivings, birthdays ALL GONE FOREVER...... While we "civilized" folk praise our civilized nature in not killing these people who deserve DEATH not life in a box at the expense of tax payers and subsidies and so on.

Perhaps if we start killing these people it will strike a nerve in future mass shooters and rethink their actions. I mean after all if you can live out your life after ending others.... why not do it. I can go out and kill 20 people now surrender, and spend the rest of my life in prison with free food, free cable, free reading, free computer access, free education.... while those dead will never breath again and all their familes will suffer the rest of their days with an ache that will never heal.....

But we are "civilized" right......