Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

BFA would of been the perfect time to do exiles (EQ2 Feature)

I have played many mmo's over the year's and the one feature that would perfectly fit in would be the Betrayal system which let's you swap faction.

It would require some changes since the eq2 main factions had underground/slum areas which you had to travel into and start earning rep with your new city before the guards would instantly kill you top side. Storm Wind would be easy since it all ready has a massive open space that can be used but rest would require a little work.

The fans of pvp might enjoy this also since at one stage of the quest line you end up being hated by your original faction so you become kos by everyone. If you wanted hardcore pvp then you could simple stop doing the quest line since exiles had there own little hideout.

Deleted
    Sounds like it could be fun. But with the way its set up currently in the story telling I dont think all the races would be accepted into the other faction. Humans / Night elves / Worgen would definitely not accept any of the horde races imo. I dont think the horde would ever accept humans or night elves either and with the current regime not worgens as the horde has an undead leader who doesnt really like those puppers.

maybe some would be accepted as exiles like taurens, gnomes and dwarves but not all, It does sound fun though.
    Last edited by mmoc327e1ca57c; 2018-02-26 at 01:25 AM.

Face it, the factions of WoW are not philosophically aligned as much as they are racially determined. Probably will never see humans fighting alongside orcs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Nope, not gonna happen. You won't get your pure blood elves on alliance and you will never be able to RP high elf.

That can change if they want to protect something close to them, plenty of the young races will fight side by side if required. Of course you can't do much about the old people who are scared of change or brainwashed.

Also i didn't say anything about rp

Yup completely agree but can't imagine it will ever happen. It is the PERFECT time though for sure.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

7+ Year Old Account
    Honestly should of been part of the game from day 1. Personally, I'm more hopeful that Battle for Azeroth ends the faction warfare once and for all.

7+ Year Old Account
    Its a dumb idea i think. It works for some games, not for WoW, since the faction thing is so connected to how the game work.

Also, i like seeing Orcs as Horde and Humans as Alliance. I think it makes the races and game more complex than good is. I think they are already blurring the lines a bit with having Allied races with overlapping models.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Yeah, I was talking about something similar for years also. I prefer the idea of a treason via a quest. They could even limit it to 1 free swap per char or even acc, and any consequential one would be via a paid service.

But something something faction pride and stuff.

i'd rather they offer a mode where you leave your faction and side with khadgar. they could have a third island size place where the neutrals go.

participating in this faction bullshit is idiotic.

Let's see...

Option A: let people quest to change their faction.

Option B: let people pay us money to change their faction.

Yeaaaaah, that's a tough one.

As said above, they'd lose money on faction changes, so I doubt it'll ever happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    that would get me back into the game fast would love to kill bloodelves as an orc in pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Xeranath View Post
    Face it, the factions of WoW are not philosophically aligned as much as they are racially determined. Probably will never see humans fighting alongside orcs.
    .... Every instance of racial determination is, fundamentally, philosophical....

We covered this in Pandaria with "Why do we fight". This isn't new. Saying "racism lol" at this point in the game after we've banded together for the umpteenth time to conquer something that stood in our way is pretty damn moot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Let's see...

Option A: let people quest to change their faction.

Option B: let people pay us money to change their faction.

Yeaaaaah, that's a tough one.
    Oh Oh I know, attach a grind to changing faction. Problem solved!

(real talk, the ,/s couldn't be more obvious)
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

It'd be great if they could actually separate the identity of the Alliance and Horde from 'humans/orcs and their various friends', but I really don't expect them to. Just look at the box art. Can't confuse people with Alliance orcs (now that it's somewhat confirmed Mag'har are going Horde).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neukhia View Post
    Sounds like it could be fun. But with the way its set up currently in the story telling I dont think all the races would be accepted into the other faction. Humans / Night elves / Worgen would definitely not accept any of the horde races imo. I dont think the horde would ever accept humans or night elves either and with the current regime not worgens as the horde has an undead leader who doesnt really like those puppers.

maybe some would be accepted as exiles like taurens, gnomes and dwarves but not all, It does sound fun though.
    Aye. I can definitely see Dwarves and Goblins switching, because they are often found as neutral/unaffiliated groups.
    Tauren could switch because they are a fairly peaceful race that it's members may not agree with the Hordes actions, and Night Elves have lived alongside them and cooperated with them in Moonglade/Cenarion Circle.
    Gnomes could work, like goblins. They could be brains-for-hire that find the Horde to be more profitable/appealing.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeranath View Post
    Wrathgate begs to differ.

Gimme a neutral faction just so I can escape the terribad writing.