Poll: Should AU Grom come back as a racial/faction leader?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'd prefer Blizzard continuing to pretend WoD never happened. The entire AU concept is so fucking retarded.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dald View Post
    The AU portal wasn't powered by Draenei souls
    You very obviously either never played WoD, or were asleep during the whole assault on the Black Portal sequence...

Deleted
    I am thinking he returns.
    I'd rather he won't, but if they rewrite him to be an actual compeling character? I wouldn't mind.

But then again, they could use this oppoturnity to bring new, more interesing Warlord to the picture.

Please no. I'm seem to be in the minority of players who actually enjoyed most of WoD, but Grommash's "redemption" has me still cringing when I think of AU Draenor. "Draenor is freeee" might be one of the worst story moments in any game I've played.

I'm assuming Blizz are looking to give some closure to AU Draenor, so I sense Grom will be used as the Anchor point for that.

Personally, I don't think any of the known Orc leaders on AU Draenor fit into MU Azeroth that well. So who cares?

Durotan wasn't that interesting so I'd happily welcome Grom into the fold.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

7+ Year Old Account
    Fuck Grommash. Really i liked character back in W3 but what they did with him in WoD...

Quote Originally Posted by Azelas View Post
    he probably will, but that would be some shitty ass storytelling. Hey here is this fucking genocidal guy who killed everything in sight.

BUT ITS FINE, because now he wants to kill humans for you.
    Grom only attacked us because garrosh told him we were evil and honorless. He told Grom all the truth, but they were half truths to make him want to fight. As for the draenei, he also said they can not be trusted and are planning the orcs demise, the iron horde was only evil because of garrosh and gul Dan after words, Grom thought he was the good guy when he attacked

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dald View Post
    People seem to have no clue that AU Grom isn't MU Grom and didn't drink the demon blood and do all the horrific shit. The AU portal wasn't powered by Draenei souls, there was no attempted genocide, just normal ass warfare.
    If you walk trough the dark portal into the intro scenario, you can clearly see that the dark portal is beeing fueled by Draenei souls (they are on the wooden ramparts, beeing pushed down into the hole) so yea... it WAS genocide

Deleted
    Grom died at the end of the WC3 orc campaign when he freed the Orcs form the Legion by killing Mannoroth
    What we got in Draenor is a completley different Grom and not someone I would follow

Deleted
    Absolutely yes!

He's the last Hellscream alive and there is no better Orc to lead the Horde after Sylvanas is killed off for good.

Deleted
    Hmm what i'd preffer to see is:
    What horde gets is a slitter-faction of Draenor orcs which refused to go along with the peace brokered between Yrell and Grom; thus ended up exiled/recruited into the horde.
    I'd preffer some other orc to lead them; but our of the 2 leaders they still have he's the most likely one to go into this direction.

Durotan is the leader we left behind in charge. All this talk of Groom is irrelevant.

7+ Year Old Account
    No pls

No more Grom. AU Draenor should be forgotten to time.
    Do you really want Blizzard to be writing interactions between counterparts?
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by hyperewok1 View Post
    Another person said that while the lore nerds and RPers (the inhabitants of this channel, who gripe about WoD because of shoddy story rather than shoddy game design) aren't thrilled at the idea of Grom coming back, the general player base is thrilled. Of course, everyone claims to know the opinion of the entire community, when they usually don't.
    Well, you're right. I am a lore nerd and RPer, and I'd like his return.

As others have mentioned, Grommash was a conqueror because of Garrosh' lies. While orcs in any timeline seem to revel in the strength and unity of the Horde when it forms, the Orcish Horde is always easily misguided. In this case by Garrosh, out for revenge and Orcish domination.

Grommash himself isn't evil. Just a stubborn foolish warrior. That said, he like many suffers from the missing middle tier of WoD. He'd be more sympathetic if he'd called for a truce for example, as everyone on Draenor rallied to destroy the Legion in Shattrath.

I understand him being spared by the Draenei. He is the one that could stop the remaining clans from hostility and bring peace. Killing him would mean months more bloodshed and Draenei lives lost as the clans were quelled. But Yrel should definitely punched him in the face and gone "Do not think we have forgotten what you did".

As for why I want him back? We've really only left 2 leaders alive on Draenor. Durotan+Draka and Grommash. One of these is likely to be leading the Mag'har Horde. The other is free to come to Azeroth. I think Durotan would be more suitable for leading a peaceful Horde on Draenor, than Grommash is. While Grommash is far more likely to volunteer to go to a world in conflict, to seek to redeem his honor through battle.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    As for why I want him back? We've really only left 2 leaders alive on Draenor. Durotan+Draka and Grommash. One of these is likely to be leading the Mag'har Horde. The other is free to come to Azeroth. I think Durotan would be more suitable for leading a peaceful Horde on Draenor, than Grommash is. While Grommash is far more likely to volunteer to go to a world in conflict, to seek to redeem his honor through battle.
    I'd support Durotan.
    That said, why would the AU Orcs decide to fight a war in Azeroth?

The only reason I could think of is the whole "well we have to protect the remaining Titan" but why would they join a war?
    How would the Au Draenei react? Wouldn't they help their Counterparts?
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    Durotan, Thrall, Eitrigg, Draka, Durotan and Draka, Saurfang
    Well...it's not gonna be a non-draenor Orc. So, durotan is the only other choice there.

You repeated him aswell.

Deleted
    I think it's better to keep the story moving forward, not going back over and over and over. Grom had his ending in WC3, there's no need to have him re-done. Draenor should stay in it's AU and be forgotten and the Mag'har we're getting should be the ones in Outland.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ill take Grom or Durotan, and they can bring the rest of the iron horde through with them

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    I'd support Durotan.
    That said, why would the AU Orcs decide to fight a war in Azeroth?

The only reason I could think of is the whole "well we have to protect the remaining Titan" but why would they join a war?
    How would the Au Draenei react? Wouldn't they help their Counterparts?
    cos theres a war, and there are orcs (albeit distant half cousins) fighting in it, and the Iron Horde orcs love war.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Well...it's not gonna be a non-draenor Orc. So, durotan is the only other choice there.

You repeated him aswell.
    He repeated him because it was either him alone or with Draka (Durotan, Durotan and Draka)
    :P

On topic: No. Fuck that guy. There are far more interesting orcs that could be developed to be the leader of a small portion of orcs. It's time to create some more new relevant characters and stop reusing, recycling and AU-ing guys from an alternate past.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BadguyNotBadGuy View Post
    cos theres a war, and there are orcs (albeit distant half cousins) fighting in it, and the Iron Horde orcs love war.
    What about the Draenei? Would they not oppose the AU orcs trying to fight another war on their AU counterparts?