Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    She had a better chance surviving a knife attack than a gun attack. The man that tried to intervene would likely be dead as well if it had been a gun and maybe anyone else in the vicinity.

Try harder on your straw man. I am a gun owner. Gun regulations are too lax.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    There you go.
    Sorry, forgot my sarcasm tags.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Sorry, forgot my sarcasm tags.
    Lol! But you were right.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Out in full force again.

Nobody has ever claimed that gun control would prevent every single death, murders are going to happen. It is the NUMBER that matters. Something that you people seem to just love to completely ignore.

Go ahead and tell me, with a straight face, that it isn't exponentially easier to kill a large number of people with a gun compared to a knife.

That is the fucking point. You don't see one person killing 20+ people, alone, in 30 fucking minutes with a knife. You do with a gun.

Twenty-nine people were killed and 130 were injured Saturday night when 10 men

Sure it is easier. But it is also 2018, where you can manufacture fully-automatic guns in your basement. Only law abiding citizens follow laws.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...221-story.html

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varithimas View Post
    When a gun kills someone we blame guns being available, when a knife kills people its ''at least is wasn't a gun''. Mental health is the main issue, there are many tools which become weapons.
    tbh, its more like the stupidity of your statement thats killing people. The gun issue is brought up cos if that cunt had a gun instead of a knife, it would be half dozen or dozen of dead people... not one. plus, with tougher gun restriction laws, like background checks, psychological checks, and straight up bans on fucking assault rifles... maybe, juuuuuuust maybe, your fakn police wouldnt be so trigger happy against their own people

https://www.cnn.com/2016/07/25/world...ths/index.html a simple google check reveals there have been mass killings from knifes before.

Another one. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ion-China.html
    And yet, far more would have died if it were firearms instead. Let's not be disingenuous about which is more dangerous. I'm the strongest 2A supporter you will ever find, but you are simply being disingenuous about this shit. You do that a lot.

- - - Updated - - -

Sure it is easier. But it is also 2018, where you can manufacture fully-automatic guns in your basement. Only law abiding citizens follow laws.

Then why do so many people want to ban Muslims, limit immigration, or ban drugs?

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    For the record, that also involved at least 10 perpetrators. in a closed environment. Give AK-47s to ten men in an enclosed area, and see how many they can kill. We had a single guy kill more than 50 from a hotel window.
    your missing my point

REGARDLESS OF WEAPON YOU CAN KILL and hurt a lot of people with proper planning, hell just think how many could die in a big city with 10 crazy *truck of peace jihadist* could do.

YOU CAN NOT STOP HUMANS FROM DOING EVILS DEEDS UNLESS YOU PREDICT THE FUTURE OR in most cases, they really suck at keeping secrets.

the school shooter could of been stopped by the 4 officers a lot quicker who sat outside, the FBI could of got him before anything, but no one seemed to care for a bullied school kid who was troubled and obviously was seeking revenge posting about shooting up his school well before he did.

BANNING ALL GUNS WILL NOT MAKE KIDS SAFE!

the kid would just take a bomb or a car through the hallways, even if he uses a sword/knife he can still get several people

and don't give me shit *it would save lives by him being able to take less lives* the real goal should be everyone lives and better secruity and honestly IF teachers helped him *teachers see bullies and ignore it all the time, i know this from experience* and maybe less students were assholes he might of never even went on his rampage

if you think about it, the ultimate perpetrator of this crime was the students who bullied him into who he became, obviously he did wrong and it is unforgivable, but people tend forget to ask WHY DID HE DO IT....
    Last edited by Arthas242; 2018-02-26 at 02:41 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    When a gun kills someone we blame guns being available, when a knife kills people its ''at least is wasn't a gun''. Mental health is the main issue, there are many tools which become weapons.
    No tool is as unregulated and accessible than a rifle such as the AR-15. A 10 inch hunting knife couldn't kill 58 and injure 500 in the span of 12 minutes. A van cannot enter a school and murder 17 children in cold blood. A fertilizer bomb needed to murder 26 people inside an elementary school is highly restricted and would take months of vetting.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Oh they will not ban all guns, just weapons of war like all assault rifles and anything full or semi auto. If you think it won't happen you are delusional at this point like all the other people who are pro gun and won't budge on the stance you will be slapped in the face with reality soon enough.
    Full auto ban is effectively already a thing for a long time now, Semi auto will not happen. Learn you facts, you are not informed.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Deleted
    You guys do know there are knives and stabbings in the US? Why not compare stabbings with stabbings and gun violence with gun violence?
    You know very well why

10+ Year Old Account

And you can grow drugs in the attic with a couple of halogen lights, should all drugs be made legal?
    Speciation Is Gradual

15+ Year Old Account

Good, another item that can be within the purview of new gun control laws that restrict the sale of rifles like the AR-15.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Couple of years likely. Just hypothetical, if the gov bans and tells you that you have to give up your assault weapons by a specific date will you? If you do not will you deal with the penalties?
    Wouldnt Ex Post Facto prevent them from forcibly confiscating firearms? I have heard of instances where they offer to buy firearms off of citizens but never outright confiscation.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BadguyNotBadGuy View Post
    tbh, its more like the stupidity of your statement thats killing people. The gun issue is brought up cos if that cunt had a gun instead of a knife, it would be half dozen or dozen of dead people... not one. plus, with tougher gun restriction laws, like background checks, psychological checks, and straight up bans on fucking assault rifles... maybe, juuuuuuust maybe, your fakn police wouldnt be so trigger happy against their own people
    People can manufacture their own weapons. You also said only assault rifles, you seem to forget all of the shootings regarding handguns. A handgun with a 100 round drum is just as dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    Full auto ban is effectively already a thing for a long time now, Semi auto will not happen. Learn you facts, you are not informed.
    Semi is a loophole though, they can easily be modified to basically be full auto. You guys are looking at a civil war soon, just leave Canada out of it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthas242 View Post
    your missing my point

REGARDLESS OF WEAPON YOU CAN KILL and hurt a lot of people with proper planning, hell just think how many could die in a big city with 10 crazy *truck of peace jihadist* could do.

YOU CAN NOT STOP HUMANS FROM DOING EVILS DEEDS UNLESS YOU PREDICT THE FUTURE OR in most cases, they really suck at keeping secrets.

the school shooter could of been stopped by the 4 officers a lot quicker who sat outside, the FBI could of got him before anything, but no one seemed to care for a bullied school kid who was troubled and obviously was seeking revenge posting about shooting up his school well before he did.

BANNING ALL GUNS WILL NOT MAKE KIDS SAFE!

the kid would just take a bomb or a car through the hallways, even if he uses a sword/knife he can still get several people
    Of course, weapons can kill. However, it is disingenuous to imply that just because they can kill, that they are equal.

The school shooter could have only been stopped by one officer, the other three arrived after the shooting had actually stopped.

Banning guns will not make kids safe (I'm merely agreeing with you for argument's sake), and I don't want to ban any guns. In fact, I want to legalize more. It's none of the government's business what people do, so long as they are not harming others. Now, let's see how many people are consistent, and also apply that logic to all drugs, immigration, and even Islam. I can only hope that you don't want to restrict those in any way, right?
    Last edited by Machismo; 2018-02-26 at 02:44 PM.

https://www.cnn.com/2016/07/25/world...ths/index.html a simple google check reveals there have been mass killings from knifes before.
    Another one. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ion-China.html
    There have been mass killings with a lot of various objects i am sure, however that is completely irrelevant.

Any mentally sick or enraged person can grab a pistol or rifle and kill 10+ people.
    The chance of stopping such a person is much better if they were reduced to using a knife or anything that is not a firearm.

Prevent regular people from ever getting a firearm.
    Most of europe lives without ever seeing a firearm used and often even police officers are without firearms.
    If usa removes all the guns from the civilian populace the number of mass killings and overly aggressive police will greatly reduce (as it is in other parts of the civilized world).

Quote Originally Posted by Pyro1990 View Post
    Wouldnt Ex Post Facto prevent them from forcibly confiscating firearms? I have heard of instances where they offer to buy firearms off of citizens but never outright confiscation.
    They do offer compensation yes, so you will get value back if it happens, unless you live in a dictatorship.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    No tool is as unregulated and accessible than a rifle such as the AR-15. A 10 inch hunting knife couldn't kill 58 and injure 500 in the span of 12 minutes. A van cannot enter a school and murder 17 children in cold blood. A fertilizer bomb needed to murder 26 people inside an elementary school is highly restricted and would take months of vetting.
    No tool is as unregulated as a rifle? Yeah okay buddy I could go buy another car or a propane tank or anything in the next 30mins. Try that with a rifle. A knife couldn't do as much damage as a gun, but limited law abiding citizens while people produce them anyways won't help.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    And you can grow drugs in the attic with a couple of halogen lights, should all drugs be made legal?
    Sure, the war on drugs has been a hard failure thus far.

Deleted
    Even hunting knives are forbidden in many EU countries, especially carrying hem around.

US civilians are better armed than our military