View Poll Results: Do you want Zandalari Paladins?

Voters
382. This poll is closed
  • Yes.

244 63.87%
  • No.

138 36.13%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Or really upset by the notion that the Horde might have one more race with a class option than the Alliance?

It's like they forgot that Gnomes only recently became capable of becoming Hunters with Legion's release.
    Combo that give the same amount of combo for both faction instead of a +1 on horde side?

Deleted
    This is just pure nonsense.

Infusing yourself with a demon's soul and their power is a very pivotal and defining part of the Demon Hunter concept. In fact, it is pretty much hinged on it. As it is, the concept of the Demoniac is closer to a Demon Hunter than a Warlock. The fact that you consider the various ideologies and motives singular Demon Hunters may have as more defining than the actual source of their power and rituals is laughable.

Don't be obtuse, please.
    Obtuse? I know that's a cool buzzword to throw around nowadays but please, you can do better but I expected nothing less.

Demoniacs are depicted as Warlocks and the Zandalari equivalent to Warlocks just as Prelates are to Paladins. That is stated as a fact and I have tried to explain to you how it makes them different to the Demon hunter concept. You chose to keep your opinion and consequently insult me so have a very good day.

Quote Originally Posted by rosso View Post
    Combo that give the same amount of combo for both faction instead of a +1 on horde side?
    Like I said, that means that before Legion, the Horde had one more combo already, something they only fixed with Legion's release itself.

This balance has only existed for one expansion, and now it's some kind of Blizzard hallmark? :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zanarika View Post
    Obtuse? I know that's a cool buzzword to throw around nowadays but please, you can do better but I expected nothing less.

Demoniacs are depicted as Warlocks and the Zandalari equivalent to Warlocks just as Prelates are to Paladins. That is stated as a fact and I have tried to explain to you how it makes them different to the Demon hunter concept. You chose to keep your opinion and consequently insult me so have a very good day.
    You tried explaining how they are different, but you didn't do a good job. What I wrote in that which you are quoting makes them more so Demon Hunters than Warlocks in concept, that's just a fact. Even if you take oldschool Demonology locks into consideration. One of the most defining parts of being a Demon Hunter is a big theme that they share with Demoniacs, something that Warlocks aren't known to do.

The Zandalari counterpart to warlocks appears to be Spiritweavers instead.

This is just pure nonsense.

Infusing yourself with a demon's soul and their power is a very pivotal and defining part of the Demon Hunter concept. In fact, it is pretty much hinged on it. As it is, the concept of the Demoniac is closer to a Demon Hunter than a Warlock. The fact that you consider the various ideologies and motives singular Demon Hunters may have as more defining than the actual source of their power and rituals is laughable.

Don't be obtuse, please.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't move the goalpost. You said Zandalari Paladins don't exist. That's not an opinion, and even if it was, it'd be a wrong opinion, like proclaiming horses are really just big dogs.
    Ok! Let's all take a step back and chill.

Let's be objective, then. (I mean since you guys think Horde getting three Shamans, two new druids, AND a new paladin race isn't at all entitled, but Alliance are the entitled ones for just wanting to have additional combos, too, hell at least ONE new druid or shaman).

A small NPC dialogue box that you guys are trying to pidgeonhole into paladinhood is justification for Zandalari troll players being able to roll a paladin...that's objective for you. But if someone doesn't think that is enough of a reason for players to be able to make a Zandalari paladin, breaking all kinds of realistic gaming flavor, they're being obtuse and wrong.

What this boils down to, is I personally SUBJECTIVELY think a Troll being a Paladin is just weird and wrong and doesn't fit the flavor. Just like you guys think a Void Elf Druid would be weird and wrong and doens't fit the flavor (even though Shamanism and Druidism can be taught apparently) Maybe Blizzard agrees since Z-trolls can't be pallies, that it doesn't go with the flavor of the race they have in mind. Maybe those "Loa chosen" are only like 3 to 6 total and not enough are "chosen" to justify thousands more being chosen by the Loa and therefore a playable race.

And class/race balance ABSOLUTELY matters here. It is and has been an issue Blizzard tries to maintain is somewhat equal amounts of players on both factions.

Please do not sit and call Alliance players 'entitled' for thinking one race shoudln't be one class when you guys got three new shaman and two new druids.

We got 1 new paladin, 0 new druids, 0 confirmed new shaman. If the reverse was the case, you would be here somewhat distraught, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Flux- View Post
    I'd gladly trade Zandalari locks for paladins. It'd help differentiate them culturally from Darkspears anyway. Whole issue just stems from Blizz' weird focus on "lol get it, its just like vanilla!" at the expense of hacking out chunks of lore to support it.
    I agree, but Isle of Thunder has mobs using warlock abilities, too, so I can't really dismiss that.

Personally, I much more prefer the notion that Zandalari aren't the types to dive heavily into the dark voodoo themes, as I like their more regal, militaristic thematic more, but if Blizzard added Zandalari locks, then I can't really oppose that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by meowfurion View Post

Let's be objective, then. (I mean since you guys think Horde getting three Shamans, two new druids, AND a new paladin race isn't at all entitled, but Alliance are the entitled ones for just wanting to have additional combos, too, hell at least ONE new druid or shaman).

A small NPC dialogue box that you guys are trying to pidgeonhole into paladinhood is justification for Zandalari troll players being able to roll a paladin...that's objective for you. But if someone doesn't think that is enough of a reason for players to be able to make a Zandalari paladin, breaking all kinds of realistic gaming flavor, they're being obtuse and wrong.

What this boils down to, is I personally SUBJECTIVELY think a Troll being a Paladin is just weird and wrong and doesn't fit the flavor. Just like you guys think a Void Elf Druid would be weird and wrong and doens't fit the flavor (even though Shamanism and Druidism can be taught apparently) Maybe Blizzard agrees since Z-trolls can't be pallies, that it doesn't go with the flavor of the race they have in mind. Maybe those "Loa chosen" are only like 3 to 6 total and not enough are "chosen" to justify thousands more being chosen by the Loa and therefore a playable race.

And class/race balance ABSOLUTELY matters here. It is and has been an issue Blizzard tries to maintain is somewhat equal amounts of players on both factions.

Please do not sit and call Alliance players 'entitled' for thinking one race shoudln't be one class when you guys got three new shaman and two new druids.

We got 1 new paladin, 0 new druids, 0 confirmed new shaman. If the reverse was the case, you would be here somewhat distraught, as well.
    Here's the thing, you don't seem to have a big grasp on Zandalari culture, so I'm not sure if you're qualified to argue on it. You compare Zandalari to Darkspear or other Troll tribes, fully unaware of how different they really are.

Prelates existed since the Isle of Thunder, by the way, and used several explicit paladin abilities. And in fact, the NPCs in BfA still use one of those abilities.

Class/race balance absolutely matters? It has only existed since Legion. Hardly a deeply rooted tradition.

Deleted
    As I said Blizzard tried to aim at it with the result of a +1 on one side as the worst case scenario.

Now they find this "balance" and the dataming is showing us that their are stick with it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flux- View Post
    I'd gladly trade Zandalari locks for paladins. It'd help differentiate them culturally from Darkspears anyway. Whole issue just stems from Blizz' weird focus on "lol get it, its just like vanilla!" at the expense of hacking out chunks of lore to support it.
    Because not being able to play a class makes you entitled to block others from playing the class they want.

Ask blizzard to add classes not trade classes. That's just plain awful.

There are already a good deal more than 6 Prelates, and no one is trying to pigeionhole them into Paladins. They objectively are Paladins. And your earlier reference to Zandalari as primitive shows you do't actually understand what Zandalari are, so who are you to say it doesn't fit their flavor? They're more civilized than a lot of Alliance races. Maraad characterized the average Human peasant as a filthy animal, whereas Zandalar is a holy temple city of scholars and priests.

And really, there are already signs the Alliance will be getting new Druid races. An actual new Druid race, rather than another Tauren with moose antlers.

I agree, but Isle of Thunder has mobs using warlock abilities, too, so I can't really dismiss that.

Personally, I much more prefer the notion that Zandalari aren't the types to dive heavily into the dark voodoo themes, as I like their more regal, militaristic thematic more, but if Blizzard added Zandalari locks, then I can't really oppose that.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's the thing, you don't seem to have a big grasp on Zandalari culture, so I'm not sure if you're qualified to argue on it. You compare Zandalari to Darkspear or other Troll tribes, fully unaware of how different they really are.

Prelates existed since the Isle of Thunder, by the way, and used several explicit paladin abilities. And in fact, the NPCs in BfA still use one of those abilities.

Class/race balance absolutely matters? It has only existed since Legion. Hardly a deeply rooted tradition.
    I agree that I don't know much about Zandalari trolls. But it doesn't give you the right to decide that my opinion doesn't matter.

I confess: I don't actually care if Zandalari become paladins. It's fine. Have fun. Do it up. Be a green, tusk having Mayan paladin (*shrug*) But none of you are actively fighting for any new Druids or Shaman on the alliance races at all, but rather you are also sitting there telling US we can't have them. Is that objective? Is that fair?

All I want is new Druids and Shaman for Alliance, and you guys are telling us we are 'entitled' for thinking we should have it.

I also think Nightborne and Void Elves should be Demon Hunters. ANd one thing about lore that we need to all realize, is that lore can and will be changed as Blizzard sees fit. They could easily introduce ANY race/class combo they wanted.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    There are already a good deal more than 6 Prelates, and no one is trying to pigeionhole them into Paladins. They objectively are Paladins. And your earlier reference to Zandalari as primitive shows you do't actually understand what Zandalari are, so who are you to say it doesn't fit their flavor? They're more civilized than a lot of Alliance races. Maraad characterized the average Human peasant as a filthy animal, whereas Zandalar is a holy temple city of scholars and priests.

And really, there are already signs the Alliance will be getting new Druid races. An actual new Druid race, rather than another Tauren with moose antlers.
    Would you show me the signs please? Please show me this evidence because I cant' find it.

I agree that I don't know much about Zandalari trolls. But it doesn't give you the right to decide that my opinion doesn't matter.

I confess: I don't actually care if Zandalari become paladins. It's fine. Have fun. Do it up. Be a green, tusk having Mayan paladin (*shrug*) But none of you are actively fighting for any new Druids or Shaman on the alliance races at all, but rather you are also sitting there telling US we can't have them. Is that objective? Is that fair?

All I want is new Druids and Shaman for Alliance, and you guys are telling us we are 'entitled' for thinking we should have it.

I also think Nightborne and Void Elves should be Demon Hunters. ANd one thing about lore that we need to all realize, is that lore can and will be changed as Blizzard sees fit. They could easily introduce ANY race/class combo they wanted.
    I am an Alliance player, but I simply don't care about 100% balance. I'd be fine if Night Elves got Paladins, or Dark Iron Shamans, though. I'm not saying I don't want that to happen, I'm just personally not as concerned for them. If you want to make a thread promoting those, I'll support you.

Would you show me the signs please? Please show me this evidence because I cant' find it.
    47 minutes in.
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/231866360

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraNic View Post
    People complain about tauren paladins and want Troll Paladins...
    Troll paladins at least have an established hook in the lore dating back to Classic WoW with the Zandalari Freethinker armor sets and questlines.

Plus the Prelates in Throne of Thunder in Mists and now more of them in Zuldazar in BfA to outright confirm that, yes, Zandalari paladins are a canon thing. Blizzard just seemingly doesn't want players to have access to them, at least for now.

, but rather you are also sitting there telling US we can't have them. Is that objective? Is that fair?
    Who's saying you can't? I wanted the Alliance to get Broken Draenei, not Lightforged. Some Draenei on Outland can even be Druids. It'd be cool. Lightforged are basically just a repeat of the Draenei we already have, but even holier. So fuck'em.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and more evidence of Druids.
    Cat form
    http://beta.wowdb.com/npcs/135980-apprentice-knollden
    Human form
    http://beta.wowdb.com/npcs/135979-apprentice-knollden

Their quests are already in the alpha.

15+ Year Old Account
    But none of you are actively fighting for any new Druids or Shaman on the alliance races at all, but rather you are also sitting there telling US we can't have them. Is that objective? Is that fair?
    I think pretty much everyone that wants Zandalari Paladins also wants Dark Iron Shaman. I know I certainly do -- my plan was actually to roll a Dark Iron Shaman from the start, because I thought that was such a no-brainer that it couldn't not happen.

Druid is a different issue, of the current Allied Races coming to the Alliance, none of them fit the class. Personally, I would love to see Kul Tiran humans, maybe, or night elf (feral) worgen get druid. In particular, if Kul Tiran human druids had forms styled after the Drust's wicker golems, that would be really fucking cool.

That being said, I think Blizzard's main reasoning for adding more Horde druids through Allied Races is that there is a faction imbalance with the class, with night elf druids being far more popular than tauren and troll druids combined on the Horde.

Define 'mainly' alliance player. So you have what, one horde toon? Two?

Lightforge shaman is possible. But it didn't happen. Dark Iron shaman is possible, But no indication it's happening.

Horde ARE getting three total shaman races. Two druid races. Versus, Ally getting two paladin races. Zero confirmed new shaman races. No new druids.

Zandalari paladins, to me, make no sense, just like Aztec or Mayan paladins would make no sense to me. Paladins are, historically, religious zealots in plate armor who go on holy crusades against other religious groups or to liberate an occupied area from a religious group. Zandalari have been utterly isolated.

Do you actually want a race, only on one faction, who can literally be ever single class? Fairness and balance ABSOLUTELY matters here.
    well according to some new datamined text there are legit zandalari paladins that follow a loa of light that blesses zandalari kings, unfortunately it dies durring the questing so the zandalari lose their paladinic powers, if you dont believe me heres the link http://www.wowhead.com/news=282240/p...adins-spoilers
    Last edited by valky94; 2018-02-26 at 03:41 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Some Draenei on Outland can even be Druids.
    To be clear, there are some Forgotten Ones in Zangarmarsh that have raven forms, as I recall. Not a huge example, but I agree that Broken Druids would be really cool. They're established as regaining a connection to nature without the Light, and purely in terms of visuals, there's a lot of options for really unique-looking cat and bear forms (with tentacles and hooves and such).

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    well according to some new datamined text there are legit zandalari paladins that follow a loa of light that blesses zandalari kings, unfortunately it dies durring the questing so the zandalari lose their paladinic powers
    Not all do. And Talanji, who is a Priestess of Rezan, presumably also doesn't.

5+ Year Old Account
    well according to some new datamined text there are legit zandalari paladins that follow a loa of light that blesses zandalari kings, unfortunately it dies durring the questing so the zandalari lose their paladinic powers
    Does Rezan's death happen during questing? I haven't watched the streams too closely.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

15+ Year Old Account
    And that's a poor excuse if their goal is to use that to lock off the class/race combo to players, because Light comes from faith, not literal deities.

Like, imagine if the Lightforged lost their power when Xe'ra died. Wouldn't make sense either. The tauren don't even worship a literal deity -- just a personification of the Sun -- and they can still wield the Light.

Oh, and more evidence of Druids.
    Cat form
    http://beta.wowdb.com/npcs/135980-apprentice-knollden
    Human form
    http://beta.wowdb.com/npcs/135979-apprentice-knollden

Their quests are already in the alpha.
    This is awesome, I always thought Wildhammer Dwarves would be the most likely fit for giving the Alliance a new druid race but if fat humans bring Druid options thats really cool