Poll: Who Would Win?!

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Battle of Generals - Jarod Shadowsong VS Varok Saurfang

Battle For Azeroth is coming and its time for Alliance and Horde to march for war. But wars won not only by heroes and soldiers - it is generals who command and lead their armies. Today we have two veterans of war - Jarod Shadowsong and Varok Saurfang!

Battle happens on borders of Ashenvale Forest and Northern Barrens. Both commanders have same numbers of army size. Who will use his army wiser and make better tactic of warfare?! Pick your character and tell me why.

Jarod Shadowsong

"I'm no hero, Master Malfurion. You and the others slay demons with barely the wave of a hand. I just try to preserve your heads so that you can continue to do it."

"I won't stand behind while those who followed me face the enemy in my name!"

"I await you, Archimonde."

Varok Saurfang

"I am Saurfang. Brother of Broxigar. You know me to be the Supreme Commander of the Might of Kalimdor. An orc - a true orc warrior - wishes for one thing: To die in the glory of battle against a hated enemy. Some of you have fought in battles. Peace has been with us for many years. Many years we sat idle but many years we battled. In those years - where strife the land and Legion and Scourge sacked our homes, killed our families - these insects dwelled beneath us. Beneath our homes - waiting. Waiting to crush the life from our little ones. To slay all in their path. This they do for their god. And for our gods? We defend. We stand. We show that as one. United. We destroy. Their god will fall. To die today, on this field of battle, is to die an orcish death. To die today is to die for our little ones. Our old ones. Our… loved ones. Would any of you deny yourselves such a death? Such an honor?"

Last edited by Highwhale; 2018-02-26 at 05:53 PM.

Deleted
    1 vs 1 - Saurfang

Army vs Army - Jarod

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    1 vs 1 - Saurfang

Army vs Army - Jarod
    Its Army vs Army. I specified it in first post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jarod is a good commander no doubt,but he hasnt lead any huge battles in 10,000 years,also his greatest strength was diplomacy rather than military tactics.Varok has been in every major conflict and has been a leader in most since the formation of the Horde.He is known as a ruthless tactician.

Varok wins IMO.

Deleted
    Orcs were made to slaughter elves, so I go for Varok

10+ Year Old Account
    It is very hard choice as both of them are nice Commanders and the placement of the area is very tricky as well. In Ashenvale Night Elves would have a huge advantage over orcs using their tactics of ambush and shadowmeld. They could surprise Orcish army using Sentiniels and Wardens in hand in hand combat with Kor'kron units and Highborne and druids shutting down Orcish shamans and Warlocks (considering there is fewer Horde orcs practicing Warlock magic after what happened in Draenor). I think even though Elves are few they outpower orcs in magical side. In barrens though it would be tough to stand in open feilds without trees to aid them to fight. Druids having less powers in barren lands I assume.

It would be a tough fight in Barrens, Horde having a slight advantage over Elves. But overall Id choose Jarod over Saurfang.
    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!

Pretty sure Jarod was a great strategist, not so much a great warrior.

Varok is more the better warrior.

I think Jarod would win army vs army.

Quote Originally Posted by Flo-wance View Post
    Pretty sure Jarod was a great strategist, not so much a great warrior.

Varok is more the better warrior.

I think Jarod would win army vs army.
    Chronicles 2 said that varok, eitrigg and orgrim any of them would make excellent an chieftain. Varok was second in command of Orgrims horde and has had nearly constant experience in warfare and commanding armies for 30 something years. Like being the commander of the might of Kalimdor which was combined armies of both factions.

Also Jarod was an excellent leader in war of the ancients but that was 10k years ago and after that he hadn't lead armies.

Well it still would debend what troops both got the same amount and what would be their combination and which one of them would be the attacker and defender. Like for example if we Jarod had combination of ravencrest troops and current sister of elune that would be hard to beat. On the other hand varok had commanded troops that used red mist on the Draenai and that could be more destructive.

We need to have clearly what troop combinations both have atleast to make this clear, like do they have troops from both of their factions, because one of the most important part of strategy is using the troops what you have correctly.

Mechagnome
    5+ Year Old Account
    I feel from history and achievement Jarod is a better overall general. While I feel Saurfang is a much better unit commander and inspirational lead. However army vs army I would go Jarod all the way.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathbourne View Post
    Jarod is a good commander no doubt,but he hasnt lead any huge battles in 10,000 years.
    Molten Front in Cataclysm.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spichora View Post
    It is very hard choice as both of them are nice Commanders and the placement of the area is very tricky as well.
    Yea. I believe Jarod will try to pretend his army retreat into forest only to ambush Horde. But Varok is smart and can predict it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Varok, on top of being the greatest warrior of all time, was also a great commander. He inspired the people he commanded and fought alongside them. Jarod, too, was known to inspire his troops, although he isn't exactly the imposing figure that Saurfang is. However, Jarod has yet to top Saurfang's greatest feat: Commanding the Might of Kalimdor. This was at a time when tensions were very high between the Horde and Alliance, and battles raged frequently in places such as Alterac Valley. However, under the will of Saurfang, both the Horde and Alliance fought side by side and triumphed against an Old God. Jarod, however, has only fought the lieutenant of N'Zoth, Ragnaros, with the help of Malfurion and the Cenarion Circle beside him. Saurfang didn't need the help of demigods to vanquish C'thun.

Jarod's got like 10,000 years experience on Varok. How much of that is actually battle time though?

Neither. They are two competent commanders and would settle the dispute some other way.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Is it just me or is there something weird with Jarod's leg in that picture?
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by OIS View Post
    Is it just me or is there something weird with Jarod's leg in that picture?
    I thought there was something wrong with his face, personally; but I think it's just the curvature in the legplate's design that makes his leg look awkwardly bent or broken.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Jarod's got like 10,000 years experience on Varok. How much of that is actually battle time though?
    Most of those years were spent in self imposed exile, were they not?

An Elf who rose up in rank thanks to the death of his superiors, with no remarkable feats besides putting a sword in a shrunken Archimonde who was being sucked back into the portal... ohh he's also the fattest night elf.
    Vs
    Varok Saurfang who omg is the greatest Orc general in history. He was one of Blackhand's 3 liutenents in the war with the draenei and in the First War he commanded Blackhand's army against Stormwind, going on to never lose a battle until the Horde was finally routed in the end of the Second War. He was made Orgrim's second in command after witnessing saurfang's "efficient and brutal tactics on the field". He later became Thrall's general and also the supreme commander of the Might of Kalimdor(you know, the unified army of all races, chose him to lead them)

that only speaks for his ability to lead. Saurfang is considered by many to be the greatest warrior in the world, even Master Smith Helgar of the Valarja considers him the greatest axe wielder on Azeroth.

So 1v1 Saurfang kills Jarod in 1-2 seconds.

army vs army... same size army? Well that's not fair to Jarod at all. Orcs already are stronger and better warriors than most other races and win warriors with less numbers, but if you're going to put it at 100 night elves vs 100 orcs, even without commanders, Orcs come out on top. With these commanders, Orcs could take barely any losses.

it would look something like this, but with less trees(cause the Orcs actually own Ashenvale and have deforested much of the forest along the border already)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    all of that in complete exile. Tyrande has 10,000 years of experience on Varian and he still showed her up.

The logical answer is Jarod all things considered but since one of Blizz's favorite things is to have orcs shit on nelves at every possible opportunity the actual answer is Saurfang.

5+ Year Old Account
    When Varok still was a baby using diapers Jarod was already one extremely experienced Commander, so Army vs Army, especially in the woods, i see Shadowsong with a substantial advantage, but i have to admit that in a duel things may be different.

Quote Originally Posted by Erbel View Post
    The logical answer is Jarod all things considered but since one of Blizz's favorite things is to have orcs shit on nelves at every possible opportunity the actual answer is Saurfang.
    Can`t say this is wrong however.
    Last edited by Delphos; 2018-02-27 at 04:14 AM.