Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    what would make any class more appealing to you?
    Revert it back to how it was in MoP

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raego View Post
    What does and does not fit wow is up to Blizzard to decide, not some random forum poster.
    How do you know he doesn't work for Blizzard?
    What if the blizzard servers are sentient?
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

10+ Year Old Account
    A ranged spec.

But I could say that for just about any melee but warriors and rogues.

I'm not saying it works for lore or class fantasy, but regardless of how well a class plays, there are too many melee classes.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

No, some people share your opinion, definitely not most. I'm too busy having fun on my Void Elf Monk.

And by your logic, nothing after classic wow fits wow. Spaceships and aliens fit wow more than a martial artist class?

What does and does not fit wow is up to Blizzard to decide, not some random forum poster.
    It is up to me to decide what fits in wow, it's called personal opinion just as you decided current monk class fits in wow.

I am just saying what most people feel about monks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amstrup View Post
    It is up to me to decide what fits in wow, it's called personal opinion just as you decided current monk class fits in wow.

I am just saying what most people feel about monks.
    Oh my god, you don't get it. It's not most, how can you know? A few people posting on the internet isn't most people...

And I'm willing to bet there are more people playing monk and enjoying it that don't post about it on the forums, than there are people posting about how they don't like it.

Oh my god, you don't get it. It's not most, how can you know? A few people posting on the internet isn't most people...

And I'm willing to bet there are more people playing monk and enjoying it that don't post about it on the forums, than there are people posting about how they don't like it.
    Do you think this is the first time this has been discussed? no it's not, this topic has been going for years, and it's always the same pattern, people find the overall theme out of place in this kind of fantasy settings.

also have you even read the titel for this thread?

How about moving away from the poop stain Pandaren themes? Brewmaster is absolutely cringey, Pandas remain cringey.

Deleted
    Do you think this is the first time this has been discussed? no it's not, this topic has been going for years, and it's always the same pattern, people find the overall theme out of place in this kind of fantasy settings.

Sooo because some people can't accept the class and have discussed how it doesn't fit wow that means that most people don't like it? Give me a break. Then what are all those player monks you see in the class hall and in the game doing? Playing a class they hate?

Clearly a lot of people like it and it's here to stay, deal with it. And again, as long as we have spaceships and futuristic tech in wow, complaints about the theme of a martial arts class will just seem silly...

And the title asks "what would make monks more appealing", not "monks don't fit wow, remove them".

I already love my Brewmaster.
    I tank on all the tanks, and I find BrM to be the most fun.
    Feels like it was designed by someone who played tanks, with all the essential QoL features you might want - great snap aoe agro, aoe stun, good mobility, cc options...
    All the tanks have their pros and cons, but I enjoy BrM.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Sooo because some people can't accept the class and have discussed how it doesn't fit wow that means that most people don't like it? Give me a break. Then what are all those player monks you see in the class hall and in the game doing? Playing a class they hate?

Clearly a lot of people like it and it's here to stay, deal with it. And again, as long as we have spaceships and futuristic tech in wow, complaints about the theme of a martial arts class will just seem silly...

And the title asks "what would make monks more appealing", not "monks don't fit wow, remove them".
    what is wrong with you? just accept that when asked ''why don't you like monk's '' the general answer will always be ugly animations and a cringe theme, just read the damn comments.

you have a serious hentei fetish.

I generally play tank specs and nothing about being a Brewmaster stands out in my mind as being particularly heroic or tanky.

I can get behind the idea of a guy who defends himself with a shield, or with vampiric blood magic, or holy power, or just being a big beefy bear. Being powered by alcoholism feels more like my abusive stepfather than a world renowned defender of all things good.

Windwalker seems fine but is overshadowed as a mobile, leather-wearing melee DPS that can stun and then global people to death by the OTHER mobile, leather-wearing melee DPS that can stun and then global people to death that starts 97 character levels higher.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

There is no fantasy setting of "knights and dragon lairs" more iconic than Dungeons & Dragons. Monks have been a class in D&D since 1975. Your argument of "monks don't fit in fantasy games" is refuted by the granddaddy of all fantasy games, the game which more or less created the rules for all the RPGs which followed.

Just because a gaggle of sweaty neckbeards don't think it fits in a fantasy setting doesn't mean those neckbeards know the first thing about what does and does not belong in a fantasy settings.

Quote Originally Posted by meowfurion View Post
    So to paraphrase your point, you want a Monk to not be a monk.

By your logic you also want DK's not to have anything to do with death.

Hell, let's let Shaman not use the elements.

Because "tropey"
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=monk+archetypes

The very first link.

There are quite literally dozens of ways to interpret "Monk", most of which involve neither binge drinking nor blatantly unrealistic Kung Fu-based mannerisms.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimnakh View Post
    How about moving away from the poop stain Pandaren themes? Brewmaster is absolutely cringey, Pandas remain cringey.
    Cringey is in your head. All how you choose to look at it. I could just as easily say "Gnomes are cringey. Trolls are cringey." And what's not cringey about goblins? Or I guess we could all stick to teen aingst edgelord races like Forsaken or Void Elves. Or maybe you'd prefer a world where all we had were 101 different flavors of elves?

I wasn't excited about Pandaria when I first heard of it, but I like what they did with the place. I like eastern philosophy - Taoism, Buddhism, Confucianism, Shinto... But I also like Pandaren pragmatism and the joy they take in good food and good beer - things I also love. I love the idea of brewmasters wandering the land, happy to mix it up in a good brawl, but mostly looking to help people and protect the oppressed. Pandaren Brewmasters suit my RL temperment as well as any race/class in WoW.
    Last edited by Felfaadaern Darkterror; 2018-02-26 at 11:42 PM.

Deleted
    what is wrong with you? just accept that when asked ''why don't you like monk's '' the general answer will always be ugly animations and a cringe theme, just read the damn comments.

you have a serious hentei fetish.
    Oh I accept that, just don't pretend that's the majority speaking.

Damn, you got me... :/ now i'm off to beat my meat to some more hentei, or rather "whirling dragon punch" my meat to it...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fyersing View Post
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=monk+archetypes

The very first link.

There are quite literally dozens of ways to interpret "Monk", most of which involve neither binge drinking nor blatantly unrealistic Kung Fu-based mannerisms.
    Well that's blizzard's take on the monk class, most likely inspired by jackie chan movies and street fighter games.

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    I generally play tank specs and nothing about being a Brewmaster stands out in my mind as being particularly heroic or tanky.

I can get behind the idea of a guy who defends himself with a shield, or with vampiric blood magic, or holy power, or just being a big beefy bear. Being powered by alcoholism feels more like my abusive stepfather than a world renowned defender of all things good.
    Except there's no way a person holding a shield shouldn't still be smashed by the giants we tank, and even a bear would be merely a mouthful to a dragon. Brewmasters enjoy their brews, but at heart they are tavern brawlers who encourage the enemy to underestimate them. Then like the martial arts masters of old they embarrass a foe by never quite being where was struck, dancing around, and using whatever's handy (I think of keg smash as symbolic rather than literal - makes more sense that way) to overcome. They are like the old man with the humble walking stick who somehow embarrass an entire band of thugs.

1) Bad animations. For example, on what planet did someone think the new Fists of Fury animation was good?

2) Bad armour design. Despite the wealth of (East) Asian material to draw upon, it is consistently drab and uninspired.

3) Ranged DPS for Mistweaver revolving around the Mist itself (I.e. The Kvaldir & choking mists)

4) Brewmaster to be reworked to revolve less around conjuring kegs out of no where. This personally jars with me because it doesn't make sense. Warriors throw their weapons and can retrieve them, Paladins throw their shields and retrieve them or else conjure holy attacks, Druids use their claws/etc, Death Knights do their thing. Pulling kegs out of thin air just seems ridiculous by comparison.

5) An actual commitment for Windwalking: Either remove weapons from the spec entirely and have it be unarmed/fists with kicks, or meaningfully incorporate weapon use with unique animations/etc.

6) Bring back at least 50% of the cool animations/skills/etc they cut with streamlining.

7) More and better lore. Divorce the class to a greater extent from Pandaren.

Quote Originally Posted by Austilias View Post
    4) Brewmaster to be reworked to revolve less around conjuring kegs out of no where. This personally jars with me because it doesn't make sense. Warriors throw their weapons and can retrieve them, Paladins throw their shields and retrieve them or else conjure holy attacks, Druids use their claws/etc, Death Knights do their thing. Pulling kegs out of thin air just seems ridiculous by comparison.
    I choose to interpret keg smash as symbolic, not literal. They are tavern brawlers adept at using whatever's handy to overcome a foe. I mean, lots of stuff in WoW makes no sense if you take it literally - bear tanks look like they'd weigh maybe 400lb/200kilos (I'm a park ranger in RL, and they don't even look like big bears) and yet they can thrash-kill an entire room and intimidate a big dragon? Thrash, taken literally, would make zero sense. And yet it accounts for 70% of Guardian Druid dps in dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Austilias View Post
    7) More and better lore. Divorce the class to a greater extent from Pandaren.
    Pandaria featured more and better lore than any other period in WoW, tbh. Cohesive, compelling story lines. Timeless themes. You should revisit it; maybe you didn't give it a fair chance to impress you.

I actually enjoy monk but I couldn't stand to see so many Pandaren in my order hall.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieldon View Post
    I actually enjoy monk but I couldn't stand to see so many Pandaren in my order hall.
    It's the only place you can go these days that isn't all elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    It's the only place you can go these days that isn't all elves.
    For most people, you do have a point .

I like the surroundings though. I may actually roll a monk in close future.