Page 1 of 23
... LastLast
    Deleted

Question Are people just jealous of Sweden ?

When I think "successful countries" I always have the nordics in mind.

These are countries that nail pretty much everything as they rank the highest on all happiness related metrics.

I don't understand why there is such a push from weirdos to demonize that country as the apex of decadence and criminality. It's really not.

Now the type of people saying these we got em too in France but they're a tinyyyy tiny minority most people hold Sweden in high opinion aswell but if you go to mmo champ half the posters (who couldn't even locate it on a map) will tell you it's just a crime filled s hole. Those usually come from places with a dog eat dog mentality where social services/healthcare aren't free and people prefer to strip their peers from their benefits rather than work up the courage demand social justice.

Hang in there swedes, the world loves you

10+ Year Old Account
    As a Dane, we have an eternal war with them.
    Therefore I hate them, and love them, but mostly hate them.

Also, our system is better than the Swedes, only Norway - those loveable Norwegians - beats us.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, I'm not jealous of Sweden. I'm just Danish, so we're meant to be fighting each other anyways.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Didn't you get the memo Sweden is nothing but smoke and fire! /s

e In all seriousness it's done to put whatever disinformation politicians are trying to pull on the same level as the information honest journalists are pushing. With their own loyal and biased media outlets it creates a polarization. Hyper-normalization.
    Last edited by Tiwack; 2018-02-27 at 11:05 AM.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saphyron View Post
    As a Dane, we have an eternal war with them.
    Therefore I hate them, and love them, but mostly hate them.

Also, our system is better than the Swedes, only Norway - those loveable Norwegians - beats us.
    Huh, but I'm thinking about moving to Denmark instead of staying up here.
    Well excuuuse me, Princess.

You are now breathing manually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    Didn't you get the memo Sweden is nothing but smoke and fire! /s
    They are?! Shit, Denmark should get a reward for connecting a bridge to hell? Hahaha

Don't worry, Sweden, your brothers love to hate you and hate to love you.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Why would I be jealous of any country? Everywhere has its good and bad parts.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, most scandinavian countries aren't heavily populated. Dealing with a 300M pop across 10M square kilometers may be a tad more difficult.

Deleted
    You get taxed to hell there, no thanks.

Why would I be jealous of the country I live in? I'm critical of what the politicians have been doing, doing fuck all to fix the problems and just adding more fuel to the fire instead of extinguishing it and then acting all surprised and saying they've been naive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Yeah, all the scandinavian countries does but they all have a function.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snaek View Post
    Huh, but I'm thinking about moving to Denmark instead of staying up here.
    We welcome all from Norway with open arms. We are glad you will grace us with your presence
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    To be fair, most scandinavian countries aren't heavily populated. Dealing with a 300M pop across 10M square kilometers may be a tad more difficult.
    I believe the same thumb rule applies though. People mostly choose to live near the coasts.
    iirc Norway has more coastline than America

Don't state it like that, you make it sound like America is on another planet. Your pop-density is only around 10 more people than Scandinavia. More similarities than things that sets us apart if you looked.
    Last edited by Tiwack; 2018-02-27 at 11:22 AM.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    What function exactly? There's a gross mismanagement of the expenses that are paid for with tax money. It's not efficient in the slightest. We could do fine with 10% less income taxes if they used them more efficient instead of wasting it.
    Last edited by Player Twelve; 2018-02-27 at 11:13 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Yes, to pay for other peoples children and health problems.

That's not why I make a lot of money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Player Twelve View Post
    What function exactly? There's a gross mismanagement of the expenses that are paid for with tax money. It's not efficient in the slightest. We could do fine with 10% less taxes if they used them more efficient instead of wasting it.
    Oh, I am not saying that it couldn't be handled better. Just saying the taxes are higher due to a reason that many other countries can't understand.

Right, so, if I didn't have a car, I souldn't pay taxes to roads because why should I pay for other's roads? I don't watch soccer, why is some of my tax being used for social and culture, I shouldn't pay for that. I don't plan on retiring soon, why should my tax help people retire?

You pay taxes to obtain and have a better living overall, this isn't the lower systems where all money is "mine mine mine, and screw the rest of you!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Player Twelve View Post
    What function exactly? There's a gross mismanagement of the expenses that are paid for with tax money. It's not efficient in the slightest. We could do fine with 10% less taxes if they used them more efficient instead of wasting it.
    If you think Sweden mismanages public money take a look at France

I guarantee you it will put things in perspective. You're right, public money must be heavily scrutinized but don't angrily destroy the system out of spite because it's still way better than 99% else

- - - Updated - - -

Yes we get it you don't understand how societies work

7+ Year Old Account
    Sweden isn't the only Nordic country.

Dude...

Assuming you are in the top marginal tax rate, Sweden's top tax rate is 4.4% higher than that of the Netherlands, with comparable added value tax rates, while the Netherlands also having a 4% lower purchasing power than Sweden's.

The corporate tax rate being 22% in Sweden and 25% in the Netherlands.

So...you are making shit up. I don't live in either country, but have done business in both and I immediately knew you were full of it, even before I started googling the numbers.

- - - Updated - - -

Considering how often you make wildly silly claims about business and your incredibly shallow understanding of basic economics from various other threads, I somehow doubt YOU make "a lot of money".

Sweden like other northern european countries are the best countries to be in, in the world.

I wish all these countries would bundle up and make their own "europa".

- Norway
    - Sweden
    - Denmark
    - Germany
    - The Netherlands
    - Luxembourg

The rest can kiss it.