Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

Four far-right terror plots foiled by police last year

Fortunately they were foiled

Four far-right terror plots were foiled by police last year following a rise in activity by white supremacist groups, one of the UK’s most senior police officers has revealed.

National counter-terrorism police chief Assistant Commissioner Mark Rowley told ITV of the neo-Nazi plots as he warned that right-wing terrorism was a "significant" and growing threat to the UK.

In a lecture to the Policy Exchange think tank ahead of his retirement next month, he warned the rise of the extreme right-wing group National Action was “a matter of grave concern”.

“For the first time we have a home-grown proscribed white-supremacist neo-Nazi terror group, which seeks to plan attacks and build international networks” he told Security Editor Rohit Kachroo.

He also warned that Islamist extremists and white supremacists posed similar threats as he called for a "whole society" response to counter extremist views.

The policing chief said that all extremist groups work to divide society, create tensions, and create an environment "that provides a recruiting ground for terrorists".

“While Islamist and extreme right-wing ideologies may appear to be at opposing ends of the argument it is evident that they both have a great deal in common," he said.

“I think it important to expose some of what we see as extremists systematically and determinedly trying to undermine a peaceful, tolerant and democratic society.”

He said that there must be a wider drive to counter extremist ideology, and to protect the vulnerable who at risk of being drawn in by such groups.

He pointed to Darren Osborne, who was convicted of the anti-Muslim attack in Finsbury Park, as an example of how contact with extremists could help radicalise people towards committing terror acts.

Mr Rowley, who oversaw Scotland Yard’s response to five terrorist attacks last year, also said the children of terrorists should receive special protection in the same way as the children of paedophiles.

He said: "The family courts and social services now routinely wrestle with child protection and safeguarding cases arising out of terrorism and extremism.

"However, we still see cases where parents convicted of terrorist-related offences, including radicalisers, retain care of their own children.

"I wonder if we need more parity between protecting children from paedophile and terrorist parents."

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder how many of these people would even qualify as far right radicals if they didn't feel as though they were pushed into taking sides. You have people coming into your country wanting Sharia law and idiots that equate it to feminism. Not sure how anyone can 'love' something so diametrically opposed to their current way of life.

We have one FOB Muslim guy in our apartment complex that is stupid enough to think he can mouth off to women who he catches alone (like when female tenants get their mail alone). How that guy hasn't gotten his shit kicked back to whatever country he's from is beyond me. I couldn't even imagine living in an area where that's the case magnified by unknown thousands.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    but but but but but but the peaceful white supremacists and authoritarians told me it was ok if they were given a platform and tolerance to spread their views to the populace! One post in and there's already an apologist.

Well that didn't take long. I thought we might at least make to five replies before it started

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    but but but but but but the peaceful white supremacists and authoritarians told me it was ok if they were given a platform and tolerance to spread their views to the populace! One post in and there's already an apologist.
    Very Wise Peopletm on GEN-OT keep telling us not to worry about the Neo-Nazis.

Just look at the Mods tolerance for anti-immigrant shitposts. By withholding moderator action they've totally improved the tone and civility of threads here. /s

Why don't they tell us what the attacks planned were? I'd be interested to know if they're planned against "enemies" in their homeland... such as islamic clerics espousing jihad, or if they were targetted at general public innocents.

I think it's safe to say that the reason we don't hear much about supremacists in the US is because even though violence may be their method, a vast majority of people in this country don't feel that they are a target, or even have the fear of being collateral damage from them. Whereas, with jihadis, we are all threatened as a target. I'm just saying that's the feeling of the people. If information came out that they're planning to bomb a mall or something, I'm sure the supremacists would get exactly the same attitude from us as jihadis. It's clear that the media would like us to see jihadis no differently that supremacists... but the simple fact is at this point, there's no evidence to show the American people they need to fear supremacists attacks (we haven't seen any targetting the general public).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post

Just look at the Mods tolerance for anti-immigrant shitposts. By withholding moderator action they've totally improved the tone and civility of threads here. /s
    Who are the targets of the Neo-Nazis? 100% of Americans are the target of the Jihad being waged.
    Last edited by Narwal; 2018-02-27 at 06:40 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwal View Post
    Why don't they tell us what the attacks planned were? I'd be interested to know if they're planned against "enemies" in their homeland... such as islamic clerics espousing jihad, or if they were targetted at general public innocents.
    They never reveal terrorist plots in particularly much detail, simply because it is a risk of encouraging others. Anyways, it is usually targeting politicians, significant figures within organizations, burning down refugee centers or apartments in ghettos and on the rare occasion they kill other Caucasians innocents for being "traitors".
    Last edited by mmoccd6b5b3be4; 2018-02-27 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    They never reveal terrorist plots, simply because it is a risk of encouraging others. Anyways, they usually target politicians or VIPs of groups that "defend" immigrants.
    So that's probably a pretty good reason why the general public "cares less" about what supremacists are doing. Sure, we don't want anyone using violence, but we're going to be much more opposed to those directly trying to kill us personally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who are the targets of the Neo-Nazis? 100% of Americans are the target of the Jihad being waged.
    Jeez try not to trip over your self centeredness. You totally forgot all the extremist attacks in Europe, Turkey and other places not called America.

Your self centeredness is about as obvious and your attempt at bad faith arguments. /not sarcasm

I think it's safe to say that the reason we don't hear much about supremacists in the US is because even though violence may be their method, a vast majority of people in this country don't feel that they are a target, or even have the fear of being collateral damage from them. Whereas, with jihadis, we are all threatened as a target. I'm just saying that's the feeling of the people. If information came out that they're planning to bomb a mall or something, I'm sure the supremacists would get exactly the same attitude from us as jihadis. It's clear that the media would like us to see jihadis no differently that supremacists... but the simple fact is at this point, there's no evidence to show the American people they need to fear supremacists attacks (we haven't seen any targetting the general public).

- - - Updated - - -

We don't really hear much about jihadis in the United States. More than anything, we hear about mass shootings, most of which are caused by random citizens. The last one happened to be a Trump-supporting white nationalist. He's about as close to a "Nazi" as you are going to get in this country.

Sure, he may have been doing the racism thing for attention, but there's no doubt that his delusions were real.

- - - Updated - - -

red flag post

I'm still trying to figure out how the other poster can claim we haven't been hearing about supremacists. That has been a focus for a year and a half in this country.

Deleted
    So that's probably a pretty good reason why the general public "cares less" about what supremacists are doing. Sure, we don't want anyone using violence, but we're going to be much more opposed to those directly trying to kill us personally.
    Well it is one of those weird concepts of fear. I mean, we spend billions in counter terrorism, yet 0 on mandatory none slip shower floors, even though the latter causes more deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post

>he needs mods to enforce his echo chamber.

Leave anytime. Since Endus' reign of terror ended this place finally has some actual discussion.

People like me, jews, arabs, africans, lgbt, disabled people etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    i predicted a steady rise in this shit back in uni and my mate poo pooed it as fantasy. but its basic logic and has happened many times before in history. you should read the stuff that happened to Catholics after the failed bombing of parliament. its that cycle of violence thing they warned about ages ago. either way were long past the point where we can do anything but keep foiling the plots of both sides now. hopefully it'll be like the troubles in island and the next generation will forget about it and have some other crisis.

Il n’y a pas plus sourd que celui qui ne veut pas entendre

Very fine people on both sides.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Ethris View Post

>he needs mods to enforce his echo chamber.

Leave anytime. Since Endus' reign of terror ended this place finally has some actual discussion.

This forum literally echos storm front

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    This forum literally echos storm front
    I don't know what you're reading but we can't be reading the same forum then.

Quote Originally Posted by Player Twelve View Post
    I don't know what you're reading but we can't be reading the same forum then.
    Man... the irony of an admitted racist and white nationalist saying that...