Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    What in the shit are you talking about?

Slow content?

We are on the back-swing of an expansion that had content updates almost every 4 months and not just little content either, raids, another planet, two entirely new dungeons and one revamped dungeon.

We also had three tiers of excellent armor, though truth be told it's more like 6 tiers when you include how different the Mythic/Gladiator armors are. Oh and we had the ToV cosmetic armor of which the mail version is some of the best mail armor in game. Not to mention 4 heritage armor sets currently in the game and lightforged weapon models.

We may also get one more small "bridge" raid to lead into BfA.

Then we have bespoke content galore for every class, the chromie scenario and more.

Then we can top all that off with promises of BfA where we might expect fewer different models but themes more corresponding with the raids - basically ToV style armor.

Also "you didn't expect to get that for free did you?" Honestly no idea what this even references, the time commitment to actually play the game for cosmetic rewards that only exist in the game?

Guess you'll just call me a fanboy but to say that content delivery this expansion has been slow is to just be willfully ignorant.
    First of all - just calm down a little.

I am perfectly okay with how the Legion played out and I was enjoying it very much since the launch. Actually since the invansions that came with the pre-patch. The timing and pacing of the coming content was great during most of the expansion. I am fine with the overall design, I love the style, I love the world, I loved the quests, I liked the tiersets. I was not talking about the major part of the content when I was criticizing it. It's the old models, cosmetic items, and more importantly character customization options, which I'd like to see getting updated on more regular basis. Because in fact these aren't that hard to create.
    I've created a lot of custom and original content for some other games before and believe me if I am saying we could be getting LOADS of new hairstyles and other features MONTHLY. Even if there was just a small bunch of extra people that would work on this and only this specifically.

The character customization options as they are now are so low effort and so limited that it's almost insulting to the players. And of course I don't want more hairstyles at the expense of better gameplay and quality ingame content. That's why I was suggesting that Blizz should hire some extra people to the art team in the first place...

I hope you do finally get it.
    Last edited by Big Mama; 2018-02-26 at 11:21 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Mama View Post
    It's the old models, cosmetic items, and more importantly character customization options, which I'd like to see getting updated on more regular basis. Because in fact these aren't that hard to create.

Allied Races seem to get a lot more customization than old races. Maybe it's a sign of things to come?
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkins View Post
    As someone who does not play allies or Worgen, I really hope they just start over with female Worgen, but they won't because of this perceived need to always stay true to the original for the remodels. She looks like a Chihuahua, not a werewolf.

As for the Vulpera being a test to move on to Worgen, IDK. I would think Goblins since they used the Goblin based skeleton/animations.
    From what was said during Blizzcon, Goblins and male Worgen only need a an update to match the quality of the other player races; Blizzard is content with how they look, especially the Goblins. Female worgen will receive a head/face update to look less like a Chihuahua.

The Vulpera have changable options which could be extremely helpful for the Worgen, like the changable noses and snouts which aren't stuck to a face option and better looking eyes (with actual moving eyeballs which the Worgen currently lack). If they ace a canine model like the Vulpera after its completion, Goblin skeleton or not, it will be easier for them to apply this little success to the Worgen update and do something proper with them.

Goblins though... I wouldn't look at the Vulpera for that because they use the old Goblin skeleton while Goblins are getting an updated one.

Honestly I think they're just going to keep saying "Its coming soon" and we'll get it next expansion.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    I think they're lab rabbits for both Worgen and Goblins, something about Vulpera ears that makes me think that.
    Vulpera use the goblin base model. It's not unfeasible to think they'll be a testing ground for high-res goblin models and worgen textures, but worgen still need a high-res model and skeleton.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Blue View Post
    Female worgen will receive a head/face update to look less like a Chihuahua.
    Female worgen honestly need a total rebuild, due to numerous clipping issues with the model (for example, their chest clips in on itself during Mutilate animations). They didn't get much testing and it shows; this model update will be a huge boon for them.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Allied Races seem to get a lot more customization than old races. Maybe it's a sign of things to come?
    What game are you playing?

Allied races have almost universally less customisation than regular races, mostly because the races like LF Draenei, Void Elves and Nightborne have a very strict "look" to them. So we got like 3 hair colors and 3 skin tones that range from white, grey-white, grey and silver to purple, pink-purple, dark blue and purple-blue.

I would say that allied races have more *interesting* customisation options, such as tattoos or symbols but in terms of variation between one character and another......allied races are very similar due to a lack of customisation.

Draenor Orcs seem to be the first allied race that could have even more customisation than their regular counterpart, which is likely because Blizz isn't tied into a "lore appropriate" look that restricts the options.

Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    What game are you playing?

Allied races have almost universally less customisation than regular races, mostly because the races like LF Draenei, Void Elves and Nightborne have a very strict "look" to them. So we got like 3 hair colors and 3 skin tones that range from white, grey-white, grey and silver to purple, pink-purple, dark blue and purple-blue.

I would say that allied races have more *interesting* customisation options, such as tattoos or symbols but in terms of variation between one character and another......allied races are very similar due to a lack of customisation.

Draenor Orcs seem to be the first allied race that could have even more customisation than their regular counterpart, which is likely because Blizz isn't tied into a "lore appropriate" look that restricts the options.
    You're thinking too much.

The lack of customization is not an intentional choice based on any kind of reason. They did it to save money.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    You're thinking too much.

The lack of customization is not an intentional choice based on any kind of reason. They did it to save money.
    While I generally make the point that Blizzard do things based on effort vs cost, lets be honest here, the reason Nightborne don't have blonde, green, pink or ginger hair is for the same reason humans don't have blue or green hair.... it makes so sense for their game.

They can definitely choose to give us 3 shades of white, instead of 5 to save costs and effort though I agree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Legion has 16 credited character artists (+leads). WoD had 17 (+leads), Mists had 12 (+leads). Vanilla had 11 artists for world content total.

For comparison, even FF 14 only has about 20.

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    What a dumb thing to be skeptical about. Of course they’ll update the models.. just like they’ve done with everything else.
    When they lie about it so many times, it's pretty natural to be skeptical.

Kinda weird but i want a tail option for worgen

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Blue View Post
    Female worgen will receive a head/face update to look less like a Chihuahua.
    Thank God.

5+ Year Old Account
    Any Worgen and Goblin players worried that their focus on Allied Races drains/postpones work on much needed Worgen and Goblin model and skeleton/rig updates? They still have Zandalari Trolls, Dark Iron Dwarves to finish, they are already working on Mag'Har Orcs (and Kul'Tiras Humans presumably will come with them).

Both are extremely dated, especially Worgen - both Male and Female, from basic animations to textures.
    Oh absolutely.

The 'intent' to update Worgen and Goblin models was shown by Blizzard a long time ago, but still they decided to work on Allied Races over updating the out of date models. Even monsters and npcs received an update before our beloved playable characters.

They've already stated at Blizzcon that more Allied Races will be released throughout BfA so we can definitely question as to where their priorities lay on this model update.

They'd rather dream up new races like Void Elves and Vulpera than improve on something that so many people have been lobbying for over the years... It doesn't sit well with me.

Don't get me wrong, when the model update comes I feel that it'll be a great one, after all they do owe it to steadfast Worgen and Goblin players to deliver on model updates that are well thought out, designed and -cough- implemented. There is a hint of worry in me whereas I don't want them to deliver a slightly better abomination than the current female worgens for example.... These models will really need to shine, for both female and male counterparts.

I do have this teeny tiny little thought in the back of my mind -- an unlikely one, but I think... What if?, What if Worgen and Goblin model updates end up being released alongside a new Goblin and Worgen allied race? Do you think the Worgen and Goblin community would be forgiving for the length of time it took to update the models if this were the case?

Yeah I know that it's unlikely because 'everyone' wants Vulpera over a new type of Worgen. :c Which is why it's classed as unlikely in my opinion... but hey, a girl can day dream.
    Last edited by Aevari; 2018-02-27 at 12:06 AM.
    "If you lose sight of something, the only person who can find it again is you"

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    My hope is that when Blizzard updates the Worgen models, they'll update the Human form too.

There are now three "Human" races in BFA - normal Stormwind Humans, larger Kul'Tiras humans, and the thin humans whose purpose I haven't found out yet, maybe there's a video. The Kul'Tiras humans look honestly badass and very in line with their lore.

So, why should the Gilnean Humans appear to simply be like any other? Their society is more Victorian in style, so why not design a human model based on this concept? Doesn't even have to be a completely different model, just different customization options that are more Gilnean in style. This plus a vastly improved Worgen form (thinking of how Genn looked in the trailer) would surely convince a lot of people to switch to this underutilized race. They already have great custom voice emote sounds.
    I'm HOT for HOTS.

Quote Originally Posted by Leodok View Post
    When they lie about it so many times, it's pretty natural to be skeptical.
    When have they lied about it?

I switched to Human only because I could no longer stand the outdated male Worgen model, it become so obvious in raids and M+, how awkwardly it moves and looks in comparison to reworked races.

Quote Originally Posted by Garneth View Post
    My hope is that when Blizzard updates the Worgen models, they'll update the Human form too.

There are now three "Human" races in BFA - normal Stormwind Humans, larger Kul'Tiras humans, and the thin humans whose purpose I haven't found out yet, maybe there's a video. The Kul'Tiras humans look honestly badass and very in line with their lore.

So, why should the Gilnean Humans appear to simply be like any other? Their society is more Victorian in style, so why not design a human model based on this concept? Doesn't even have to be a completely different model, just different customization options that are more Gilnean in style. This plus a vastly improved Worgen form (thinking of how Genn looked in the trailer) would surely convince a lot of people to switch to this underutilized race. They already have great custom voice emote sounds.
    Nathanos looks like he'd fit right into Gilnean society if he were alive. Worgen humans barely have any customization due to how little worgens themselves have.

- - - Updated - - -

I switched to Human only because I could no longer stand the outdated male Worgen model, it become so obvious in raids and M+, how awkwardly it moves and looks in comparison to reworked races.
    It's perfect if you love swinging your arms around like an insane drunk person on a Friday night. I have no idea why they thought that was a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    When have they lied about it?
    Every time they mentioned it, aside from the "not coming now" part. It's always "not now, but very soon, it's in our priority list, we hear you"...

4 years later, they're still in the "priority list"

Deleted
    it's cool take your time, just dont make another goof like the troll remake.