Poll: Do you want titanforging removed?

Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Do you want titanforging removed?

No. TF is the only thing that keeps stale content interesting and people vastly overestimate its impact.

I would like to see it capped at a set amount above the original item level. The chance of bis items coming from the first dungeons or raid you do is a bit silly. I think it would really help with balance too if they didn't have to factor in 30 trinkets per dps spec. At least they are taking a step in the right direction with Azerite gear not wf/tf.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I honestly don't care. It's a game, and getting an exciting TF isn't a bad thing. People choose to see the bad side of things instead of what's fun about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    Nice, a question that was never asked before.

Yes and bring back stat changing on stuff. and for me once i have a boss on farm it is stale even if has a chance at titan or warforging.

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    Nice, a question that was never asked before.
    Good thing someone asked it then!

Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    My individual wants and desires don't matter.

"Feedback" is over-rated.
    I suppose Metal Gear: Survive and Star Wars: Battlefront by EA receiving terrible feedback were both just overrated in that regard, then?

On topic, I despise TF. Would absolutely love to see it dead and gone. Throws what was once a stable, consistent reward-track off its rails to appeal to people that either play the game for 70+ hours a week, or people who play 1-10 hours a week.

I don't want it to be removed but capped.

Warforged should be +5 ilvl
    Titanforged should be +10 ilvl

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted no otherwise I woudnl't do a pick up raid/LFR more than once or twice. And if raiding is gutted, ill probably just not play at all. I think that most of the people who hate TF items, are just pissed that casuals are closing in our their precious ilevels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    Warforge or Titanforge, one of the two should go.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes.
    Even if the actual impact isn't as hyperbolic as some would say, the optics are terrible. I don't think players will shake the fact that it's not meant to be a progression system and will continue to grind away, bitching the whole way through.

Of course. There's nothing interesting about rng with multiple layers of more rng. All it has done is make gearing even more tedious.

Quote Originally Posted by Sederath View Post
    I suppose Metal Gear: Survive and Star Wars: Battlefront by EA receiving terrible feedback were both just overrated in that regard, then?

On topic, I despise TF. Would absolutely love to see it dead and gone. Throws what was once a stable, consistent reward-track off its rails to appeal to people that either play the game for 70+ hours a week, or people who play 1-10 hours a week.
    Yeah, way to compare feedback from an absolute shit game (MGS:Survive) and Battlefront offering gambling choices to adolescents to a system in Warcraft that gives you better gear on a random roll. That's a real apt comparison of a problem and the voices being heard. I think Blizzard knows the truth, and that's why Titanforging will be in BFA.

That comparison is: apples vs. oranges.

I don't play 70+ hours a week, and I play more than 1-10 hours a week, and I'm not bothered by Titanforging... at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    Yeah, way to compare feedback from an absolute shit game (MGS:Survive) and Battlefront offering gambling choices to adolescents to a system in Warcraft that gives you better gear on a random roll. That's a real apt comparison of a problem and the voices being heard. I think Blizzard knows the truth, and that's why Titanforging will be in BFA.

That comparison is: apples vs. oranges.

I don't play 70+ hours a week, and I play more than 1-10 hours a week, and I'm not bothered by Titanforging... at all.
    Really? Because I don't believe you specified whatsoever. You paint with a broad brush, expect it to run over a bit.

Congratulations on your opinion. Doesn't change facts.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Nope.
    Just want the MoP style back, with 0/2, 1/2, 2/2, that style of item upgrades to take the place of WF/TF.
    Then they can let items drop 1/2 or 2/2 as the 'new' WF and TF respectively.
    Makes the power curve much more linear, thus easier to work with, balance around, etc.
    If they REALLY want ilvl fluctuation, then increase to 3/3 cap.
    15 ilvl increase is plenty as it would essentially equate to a base item from the next difficulty up.
    Allow these levels to be purchasable with a currency (I member valor...), so you can upgrade a good piece until a suitable replacement is found.
    Having at least a little control over it would feel better than the pure random lottery feel of today.
    It feels funny to kill normal high command and get a 960 tier backpiece...

Quote Originally Posted by Sederath View Post
    Really? Because I don't believe you specified whatsoever. You paint with a broad brush, expect it to run over a bit.

Congratulations on your opinion. Doesn't change facts.
    Neither does yours, obviously. Titanforging is staying.

And there are no "facts" when discussing, "Do you want titanforging removed?" So I'm not sure what your point is bringing up "facts". Lose the buzzwords.
    Last edited by Enkrypt; 2018-02-27 at 10:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it does more good than bad, IMO the best solution would be to introduce a +15 ilvl cap to it, that would solve much of the problems imaginary or not.

I would keep the titanforging, but with more predictable way to obtain loot with desired stats, cause at the moment, all those items with versatility that is useless to most classes.

I voted yes because I hate TFing then I read

I would keep the titanforging, but with more predictable way to obtain loot with desired stats
    If there was a guaranteed way to improve gear (valor) I wouldn't mind TFing.

For me personally, raiding is only "fun" during progression, once we are full clearing a raid every week I'm not having fun. Without the assurance that I will be at least marginally more powerful than last week I have no reason to be there besides it being required by my guild.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself