Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CasualFilth View Post
    Except it wasn't every day or so. It was rep based, which took several days, some even weeks to unlock and had you doing mundane dailies. I am not defending Legion at all, but MoP wasn't the little angel of quality questing freedom.
    A single rep took I believe a week and a half to unlock. Maybe two.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    It's old enough for the bad memories to have faded. A lot of people hated TBC when TBC was current, people hated Ulduar when Ulduar was current. I'm sure in 5-6 years people will be loving Legion.
    I like legion now, I just hate legion pvp and rng. If those two things were in a better place, I'd never quit.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    MoP is far superior to any expansion after it so far, the only people NOT praising pandaland is the salty kungfu panda commenters.

Class design was godly
    Wpvp was very much alive, and even balanced compared to the shitshows of WoD and Legion
    Pvp was alive in general
    The pve was great, varied, we have scenarios raids dungeons and dailies that switched up constantly, were not tedious at all honestly.

I could go on but yeah.. the lore was actually pretty expansive too. This was the last xpac before Blizz B team, otherwise known as the D3 team, took over and started pruning all of our abilities and implementing their fucktarded dumbass ideas.
    But the entire lvling process was poisonously bad, filled with emo bullshit, extremely boring cutscenes that made no sense at all. The zones were not fun to travel or to quest in, not even that interesting either. Cooking and farming, what in the fuck.

I agree that raids and class design was in general very fun, best time I ever had on my hunter, now it's very RIP.

But I still can't believe how bad the lvling was. Which is something that got criticized and they promptly corrected by making WoD lvling somewhere around 1200% more fun than MoP (and then dropped the ball to make everything else worst) which is one of the reasons why WoD is considered the most alt friendly xpack (with the garrison industrial factory of course).

I also don't like the lvling in Legion, I found it tedious and annoying after the first toon, however I loved it in TBC, Wrath, Cata and WoD. MoP and Legion are the only 2 shit xpack for the lvling part which I think is quite important because that's the part where most ressources are spent, making zones and quests.

Dungeons, scenarios and daily quests were boring as hell. As someone who almost exclusively does casual PvE I found MoP to be the worst expansion to play after the initial leveling experience, only time I've quite before the first patch and not been bothered about coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by Azar View Post
    MoP is by far the most overpraised and overrated expansion this game has had. Cata and WoD were both WAY better.
    > WoD

Are you high?

MoP had the next highest player peak to WoD launch and WotLK for good reason.

Dailies were legitimately terrible, and almost made me quit in the first patch of the expansion, but I'm so, so glad I stayed.

CM's, ToT/SoO for raiding, and open world content will almost certainly never be as good as MoP had it ever again. As someone who's been playing since BC, it was by a good margin my favorite expansion, and I miss it dearly.
    Last edited by Sederath; 2018-02-27 at 10:19 PM.

Every expansion has it#s pros and cons..i, for example, never considered WotLK a very good expansion. It introduced LFD, most of the dungeons were shit boring...Naxx-revamp as starting raid was lazy as fuck, Ulduar was AWESOME, ICC was average.

As for MoP: In my book it is the best WoW expansion. Class mechanics were the best across the board, reforging+sockets gave you a LOT of freedom with your gear, hit+exp kept gearing from being a completely braindead "what ilvl is this?"-shitfest. No Versatitily. Sure, the dugeons were the worst of any expansion, but CM was a fun new experience. The only really big mistake they made was gating currency gear behind reputation. That was just a brainfart. And totally forgetting Justice Points even existed until 3 hours before the expansion launched. Both of these issues were lessened later in the expansion. Raids were awesome. ToT being the best for me and the only one that comes anywhere close to Ulduar in quality.

Trying to remember all that MoP did.

Dailies that had questlines and rewards at the end of questlines.
    Green Fire Questline
    Brawl Guild
    Scenarios
    Challenge Mode
    Pet Battles
    New Class
    AoE looting
    Pets and Mounts were made account bound
    PvP dailies
    Flex Raiding
    Three new BG's
    Two new Arenas

Subjective:
    Some of the best raiding, if not thee best raiding ever.
    Best time for class design for the majority of classes.
    New Race (many people do not care for Pandaren)
    Cross Realm

Not so good:
    Quest legends
    Dungeons weren't that important

Has any expansion done more?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that MoP gets praise because of the amount of "content" and the pacing. Though I would argue that as far as pacing goes Legion was more MY pace, and still a close second.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Riproarin View Post
    People always will hate an expac than when it gets old they praise it. Classic is a great example of this. During BFA you will start to see people praise WoD a little bit. Happens every time
    I have to agree with this, back in TBC my friends from vanilla said it sucked (even though they started at the end of vanilla), fast forward 1 or 2 expansions and TBC was the best time in wow history. Don't get me wrong I love TBC as it was the one I started in, but I try to be as objective as possible and give each expansion a chance. Nostalgia is a bitch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Trying to remember all that MoP did.

Dailies that had questlines and rewards at the end of questlines.
    Green Fire Questline
    Brawl Guild
    Scenarios
    Challenge Mode
    Pet Battles
    New Class
    AoE looting
    Pets and Mounts were made account bound
    PvP dailies
    Flex Raiding
    Three new BG's
    Two new Arenas

Subjective:
    Some of the best raiding, if not thee best raiding ever.
    Best time for class design for the majority of classes.
    New Race (many people do not care for Pandaren)
    Cross Realm

Not so good:
    Quest legends
    Dungeons weren't that important

Has any expansion done more?
    Yes. Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    It's old enough for the bad memories to have faded. A lot of people hated TBC when TBC was current, people hated Ulduar when Ulduar was current. I'm sure in 5-6 years people will be loving Legion.
    i hated things about expansions pre wod for different reasons.. i hate wod and legion in general.. not for some little things that might've been annoying back in the days but were forgettable in the long run

Quote Originally Posted by Bladedance View Post
    Yes. Legion.
    M+
    World Quests
    Edit: Weekly bonuses

...What else, besides pruning and rental passives/abilities?

Rose-tinted glasses, I'd bet.

By comparison, MoP wasn't a bad expansion. I think the reason it gets the recent praise is because it was sandwiched between two heavily disliked expansions. Cata and WoD, IIRC, rank the highest in least-popular expansions to-date. I could be wrong on that. I personally didn't like Cata, MoP, OR WoD. But MoP did have above average PvP at the time, challenge modes, and decent raiding. If I had to pick one and replay it again, MoP would definitely be my choice.

I don't mind Pandas. Pandaren literally have no bearing on my opinion of MoP except for one thing: "Sloooow dooown."

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember when these forums were crying about MoP being total crap

I have to agree with this, back in TBC my friends from vanilla said it sucked (even though they started at the end of vanilla), fast forward 1 or 2 expansions and TBC was the best time in wow history. Don't get me wrong I love TBC as it was the one I started in, but I try to be as objective as possible and give each expansion a chance. Nostalgia is a bitch.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes. Legion.
    Legion, what -new- things has Legion brought?

Good:
    World quests
    Mythic+ (an extension of challenge mode)
    Weekly PvP bonuses
    New Class
    Transmog update
    A new arena

Questionable:
    Artifact weapon
    The extreme titanforging
    Class Questlines

Not so good:
    PvP talents
    The legend system

That's it isn't it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chloral View Post
    I remember when these forums were crying about MoP being total crap
    Yeah it did.

Before MoP was released.

10+ Year Old Account
    MoP was definitely a good expansion, IMO the most important thing about it is a fact that Blizzard literally wrote a huge chunk of lore and story from scratch and it actually worked out really well.

Raiding was good and many specs got a much necessary pruning after Cata mess and were turned into legit good experience as opposed to Cata shit snowball nightmare.

Balance was poor and 14 months drought was a killer really, but other than that MoP was fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sederath View Post
    M+
    World Quests
    Edit: Weekly bonuses

...What else, besides pruning and rental passives/abilities?
    12 class campaigns with individualised stories and scenarios
    Complete class and SPEC redesign from the ground up (far from perfect but in total 36 redesigns)
    A three-zone endgame location (some re-used assets but still different enough imo)
    Two of Imo the funnest raids ingame on HC+ NH and Antorus
    Mythic+ making content far more repeatable, challenging and enjoyable
    Somewhat challenging Artifact challenges (not that hard but its enjoyable enough at low Ilvl)
    A new class that alot of people (including myself) really like
    Around 2h of ingame cinematics if you put it all together
    Voice acting for almost every quest

I'm sure im missing something but i've made my point

Never got to play MoP, honestly Cataclysm was such a bad expansion it completely killed WoW for me until Legion. I had 0 faith Blizz could ever make the game good after the absolute trainwreck Cata was. Everyone praising Cataclysm had to have been a hardcore player only, because cata was the worst expansion from a casual perspective until the very end of it.

-No PVE gear progression outside of raids. (You got some crappy gear from ZG/ZA, and a trinket from farming a month worth of Hyjal dailies.)
    -Killed off pug raids almost entirely (10/25 became same lockout, meaning nobody ran both anymore cutting all raids ran in half)
    -"Hard dungeons" Honestly this was probably the worst part. Everyone complaining about the nerfs probably just ran with guild groups / friends, because I guarantee if you ran pugs majority of the time you'd see why Blizz had to nerfed it. Nothing fun about spending 2 hours in Stonecore wiping to the worm boss because nobody would move out of the way. Not to mention those fights were insanely punishing, if 1 person missed an interrupt, if 1 person died to a 1 shot mechanic, you probably didn't have enough dps to kill boss before he killed you.

Got better at the end with DS + new 5 mans actually giving good gear instead of the crap from ZG/ZA, and to Cataclysm's credit I did like the PVP gearing system they had (no more gated armor / weapons, but high rated players got them earlier and special appearances for high rated players only). But such a big portion was cut off from me for majority of the expansion that I just gave up on WoW, most of my friends list disappeared during that expansion as well as my guild.

It was great. Was just sandwiched by hate. First slice was people crying about the theme. Second slice was a horriable content drought. Other than that? Really good expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I praised Pandaria when it was current...so nothing new there.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

12 class campaigns with individualised stories and scenarios
    Complete class and SPEC redesign from the ground up (far from perfect but in total 36 redesigns)
    A three-zone endgame location (some re-used assets but still different enough imo)
    Two of Imo the funnest raids ingame on HC+ NH and Antorus
    Mythic+ making content far more repeatable, challenging and enjoyable
    Somewhat challenging Artifact challenges (not that hard but its enjoyable enough at low Ilvl)
    A new class that alot of people (including myself) really like
    Around 2h of ingame cinematics if you put it all together
    Voice acting for almost every quest

I'm sure im missing something but i've made my point
    Asking for new things. Some of those things are things that many expansions have, including MoP.

MoP had major class overhauls (and a new talent system)
    It has multiple endgame locations
    All expansions have raids.
    MoP had cinematics
    That last one is a lie.

So the only bits you have are:

Class quests
    Mythic+
    Artifact Challenges
    You mention class quest a second time, good job.
    A new class