Thread: Twinks and PVP

Alliance Twinks and PVP

I am currently trying to understand where Blizzard is wanting to go with PVP in this game. It seems like every update recently has been to make this game more friendly for people who don't want to put time into the game. For example I love PVP and am a huge fan of twinks, but lately I have been a bit upset with some of the choices being made. When I deck my twink out with some of the best gear possible and I go into a BG and find out that gear is nearly useless I become upset. I have to disagree with what Blizzards path has been for the game because I find it very frustrating since there are items like "The Rock" (ilvl 60, no stats, no lvl req) & "Problem Solving Pendant" (ilvl 80, no stats, no lvl req) are best in slot for PVP. This makes no sense to me because they have 0 stats on them and somehow become best in slot for just having a high item level. I personally fell in love with this game back in Burning Crusade because it took grinding gear to be good at the game. Now in order to be good at the game you have to go to booty bay and buy a ring from a vendor with 0 stats on it. It also annoys me that you could go into a battleground nearly naked and still compete in a fight against other players. If I am a full BIS warlock fighting against a naked survival hunter in low bracket PVP 90% of the time somehow I am going to lose to the survival hunter based off of the class and not the gear. I am fine with Survival hunters being great at low level PVP brackets that's not the problem here. Its the fact that someone who just hoped on the game and doesn't have anything for gear can simply put up a fight against someone who has put in days and hours trying to get the best gear possible at that level. I get that you guys want to try and get more people playing your game, but I have a problem when these things start ruining the type of game that made you guys famous in the first place. WOW was a game that meant grind and simply if you didn't grind then you would pay the consequence. The reason we all want Vanilla WOW back is because were missing out on the Nostalgia of having to earn and work towards our gear in order to be good at the game. I think most of us can agree that at the time the grind might suck, but when we reach our goal that we have been grinding towards we feel a large feeling of accomplishment. Now in recent WOW I cant even grind for anything without Blizzard just handing me free things and scaling everything. Scaling is a huge problem in WOW today and I truly do believe it needs to stop.
    Here are some of my twinks that's I worked so hard on, but now are nearly destroyed since they are scaled down to naked in Battlegrounds. Please Save Twinks and PVP in general!
    Vitoten lvl 10 Pally
    Roge lvl 24 Rogue
    Vitostealth lvl 49 Rogue
    Legless lvl 60 Hunter

Deleted
    On the other hand you can que now normally and BG's pop up fast due to the merging of twinks and normies.

yeah the ilvl thing is a bit weird, for all levels of the game

i wish it wasn't a thing, but the pvp templates screwed over a lot of stuff too.. rewarding lazy people but

oh well, it could be worse... could have no limit on the amount of classes in a game, and fight against 10 of something

Deleted
    I think scaling is here to stay man, it opens up many possibilities for WoW in general, the game will always be evolving and changing so you just gotta roll with the punches, I'm a former multi-twink, multiboxer and PvP-only player so I've had to endure my fair share of being crapped on.

I just came back after a 2.5 year WoW break too, now I'm feeling fresh, sounds like it's your turn

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I mean twinking has been a meme for about 7 years. I don't think many people enjoy having 2 abilities on your bars and killing someone with 3 globals.

And no not everyone wants vanilla back. Vanilla was trash.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    SV, Disc, and Arms are all OP at lower brackets 19, 29, 39 but start to even up at the higher brackets.

I doubt Blizz is going to change the rigged system they have in place for Legion. They've lost so many PvP'ers because of Legion, and if they gave a shit they'd have done something by now to get them back. They haven't had a lead PvP dev for the better part of a year since Hoelunker was canned.

Their focus in PvP is now on Overwatch, and in WoW it's just whatever crap to keep people logged in longer; keeps them renewing subs. Grind RNG, repeat, grind RNG.
    Last edited by Caolela; 2018-01-24 at 12:20 AM.

99 was hot for a minute, not sure anymore though.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit.
    L2Paragraph.
    So maybe more people will read this.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had a lot of fun playing lvl 24 twinks in MoP, picking on the F2P players. All that time spent running gnomer for stupid +10 mainstat rings is worthless now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krassz View Post
    Well, I mean twinking has been a meme for about 7 years. I don't think many people enjoy having 2 abilities on your bars and killing someone with 3 globals.

And no not everyone wants vanilla back. Vanilla was trash.

That's what world pvp/duels are once you have an ilevel above 940.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vitochie View Post
    I am currently trying to understand where Blizzard is wanting to go with PVP in this game. It seems like every update recently has been to make this game more friendly for people who don't want to put time into the game. For example I love PVP and am a huge fan of twinks, but lately I have been a bit upset with some of the choices being made. When I deck my twink out with some of the best gear possible and I go into a BG and find out that gear is nearly useless I become upset. I have to disagree with what Blizzards path has been for the game because I find it very frustrating since there are items like "The Rock" (ilvl 60, no stats, no lvl req) & "Problem Solving Pendant" (ilvl 80, no stats, no lvl req) are best in slot for PVP. This makes no sense to me because they have 0 stats on them and somehow become best in slot for just having a high item level. I personally fell in love with this game back in Burning Crusade because it took grinding gear to be good at the game. Now in order to be good at the game you have to go to booty bay and buy a ring from a vendor with 0 stats on it. It also annoys me that you could go into a battleground nearly naked and still compete in a fight against other players. If I am a full BIS warlock fighting against a naked survival hunter in low bracket PVP 90% of the time somehow I am going to lose to the survival hunter based off of the class and not the gear. I am fine with Survival hunters being great at low level PVP brackets that's not the problem here. Its the fact that someone who just hoped on the game and doesn't have anything for gear can simply put up a fight against someone who has put in days and hours trying to get the best gear possible at that level. I get that you guys want to try and get more people playing your game, but I have a problem when these things start ruining the type of game that made you guys famous in the first place. WOW was a game that meant grind and simply if you didn't grind then you would pay the consequence. The reason we all want Vanilla WOW back is because were missing out on the Nostalgia of having to earn and work towards our gear in order to be good at the game. I think most of us can agree that at the time the grind might suck, but when we reach our goal that we have been grinding towards we feel a large feeling of accomplishment. Now in recent WOW I cant even grind for anything without Blizzard just handing me free things and scaling everything. Scaling is a huge problem in WOW today and I truly do believe it needs to stop.
    Here are some of my twinks that's I worked so hard on, but now are nearly destroyed since they are scaled down to naked in Battlegrounds. Please Save Twinks and PVP in general!
    Vitoten lvl 10 Pally
    Roge lvl 24 Rogue
    Vitostealth lvl 49 Rogue
    Legless lvl 60 Hunter
    Or

You can just learn to play better

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    Why should twinking be encouraged or buffed? It's something terrible for everyone involved that isn't a twink. You guys just want to be given the ability to stomp others with them having no way of fighting back. You used to hide behind saying "We only want to fight other twinks!" and then twinking became dead the second segregated you guys into your own queue so you could fight other twinks.

No pity for what happened to twinks.

If a warrior at 110 in 945+ gear runs up on you in world PvP at level 110 and one shots you that's about as bad as a twink, except it happens at max level. Same goes for the 940+ rogues that will down you in two mutilates and a vendetta.

In bgs twinking is dead cause of the gear situation. However world pvp has twinks galore, they're just at 110 and got gear the game intended for them to get at that level

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    Except you naturally gear your character at max level so it's not twinking. Nobody naturally gears a leveling character to twink levels.

Twinking didn't die because of the gear situation. Twinks died because they weren't allowed to stomp non twinks anymore with segregated queues.
    20-24 queues popped just as fast as max level

it's obvious that they have no plans to encourage Twinks why would they?

twinks overall do little more than ruining the low level pvp experience for the majority of players (aka the normal people)

there are PvPers and PvPers, some do rated arenas and BGs and others twink low level bgs and gank leveling zones, trust me the later won't be missed

There are two types of twinks. There's a twinking community filled with min-maxers who enjoy low level pvp. They organize fights on equal footing (wargames), they want more twinks to play against as a way to show off their skill, vs equally geared opponents. And then there are twinks who just want to one-shot/face-roll everyone. For those who enjoy a challenge, congrats, you have it. For those of you who just like to faceroll your way to victory, buhahahahahah, good riddance (roll a surv hunter if you haven't already).

I myself have enjoyed pvping at lower levels. Yes, some classes are way under/over tuned, but it's much better than it was.