Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Cindy...Mods....
    I am not even sure that the modding community could make her more... appealing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukario View Post
    They all seemed fine to me at the time they came out, i haven't gone back to play any recently.
    FFX came out 16 yrs ago, out of curisity, what other rpg at the time did you think had a better combat system?
    Tales series, and Star Ocean.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    To be fair, FFXV may not have been what a lot of people - myself included - were hoping for yet the content added since its initial release has improved things significantly.
    I was disapointed with what little I played of it too. I wanted to run over Moogles and crash my car into Behemoths. Squenix said no. It's fine them wanting to go for a full open world, but if they're going to keep you largely on the road then I don't see what purpose it serves other than to artifically inflate the time it takes to play the game.

Also can someone explain to me why on earth the full version of this game is going to require 100 Gigabytes of HD space? I get that 4k textures take up a lot of space, but it's excessive even for that.

Then again, 13 on Steam takes a staggering 60 gig too because Squenix in their infinate stupidity decided to include cutscenes for both English and Japanese versions of the game. I assume because they couldn't be bothered to differentiate between global regions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    But Cindy in 4K.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Cindy...Mods....
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    I am not even sure that the modding community could make her more... appealing
    You people need girlfriends, badly.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    You people need girlfriends, badly.
    No I don't, I got a Fiancée, if I got another girlfriend she would likely get mad.

(Not a cheater sorry)
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    Then again, 13 on Steam takes a staggering 60 gig too because Squenix in their infinate stupidity decided to include cutscenes for both English and Japanese versions of the game. I assume because they couldn't be bothered to differentiate between global regions.
    No, because of weebs complaining they want JP voices they don't even understand.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rukario View Post
    FFX came out 16 yrs ago, out of curisity, what other rpg at the time did you think had a better combat system?
    Uhhh the one that came out a year before it in FFIX? The most obvious answer...

Conditionaly turn based combat in FFX is ass and only leads to maximum cheese to manipulate turn order. It also make characters like Auron irrelevant because they're so slow and worthless compared to Tidus/Riku/Wakka.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    No, because of weebs complaining they want JP voices they don't even understand.

- - - Updated - - -

Uhhh the one that came out a year before it in FFIX? The most obvious answer...

Conditionaly turn based combat in FFX is ass and only leads to maximum cheese to manipulate turn order. It also make characters like Auron irrelevant because they're so slow and worthless compared to Tidus/Riku/Wakka.
    Oh, i agree with you...if you compare FF X to F IX, IX is much better and not just the combat system might i add.
    I just didn't feel like X was such a huge step backwards compared to what came later, as for XII i think the automation brought on by the gambits wasn't a good addition, if you play it without them the whole experience gets much better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Yeah! Now PC players can also experience the intense mediocrity that is FF15!

Are you ready for Hold Down (whatever button is attack on PC) Simulator?!

Seriously, I highly recommend a pass on this one unless you're a sucker for pretty graphics and need a basic rpg to pass the time.
    oh, so like that praised to all possible heavens game of the century rpg skyrim?

I lived in Japan long enough to get a solid enough grasp on the language. I still find it grating to listen to. It's not a deal breaker for me but I much prefer things in English, so much easier to get the tone of voice. Plus the English speaking actors tend to do a much more polished job that lines up with better with localisation.

Still, hope the size of 15 isn't inflated way beyond what it should be because they're including two versions of every cutscene. If they absolutely must go for both languages, at least make them optional. Then again, Squenix being Squenix, the size could simply be due to the abundence development incompetance that's gone into 15. Have to wait for launch day to find out I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexisSanchez View Post
    Yep, sadly FF15 is not worth the time of day or money.

Admittedly I haven't bothered to play it again since the release of all the minor dlc but the base game and story is a chopped up mess and the gameplay is average at best.

The scenery is pretty great so if you like having background games while you wait for your pretty car to drive 20mins on a road while you listen to soundtracks of ff7,8,9 and feel a deep sorrow for the state of how far square enix has fallen plus the current game industry to get to the mission marker then you might get some enjoyment out of it.
    It is the perfect game to play while smoking a bong or a vape and getting baked as fuck. Cruising around and smoking is always a fun time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by desdelian View Post
    oh, so like that praised to all possible heavens game of the century rpg skyrim?
    No, not at all like Skyrim.

Skyrim had content and gameplay that was actually interesting, you see.

- - - Updated - - -

Probably has something to do with the english voice overs sounding like open mic night at the Brooding White Guy club

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    No, not at all like Skyrim.

Skyrim had content and gameplay that was actually interesting, you see.
    What is interesting is subjective.

Skyrim had a lot of content but IMO a very small amount of it was interesting.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    i was only reffering to your comment about the combat system @Phookah

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked FF15 but damn those chapters after x and before y. People know what I mean. I heard they went back and patched them but I haven't bothered with another playthrough. And fuck Gladiolus . I liked him until they turned him into a dick for no reason. I guess thats not too weird because I hated Prompto but he ended up being my favorite.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

The combat before that wasn't bad?

X had a shit combat system that came down to quick hit, quick hit, quick hit, quick hit, quick hit LUL OK GUESS BOSS GETS A TURN, quick hit, quick hit, quick hit, quick hit, quick hit.

Shall we mention VIII where the optimal combat for the game is to do as little combat as possible?

Or II that flat out has the worst gameplay possibly in gaming history?

XII's combat gets boring once the gambits basically start playing the game in auto pilot and XIII has boring early game combat but great late/post game combat. However both of these are better then the sloths above, and better then XV for that matter which falls somewhere after X but still above the other 2 turds.

For the most part FF had interesting an interesting ATB system from IV-IX(not counting VIII, which is that coach that loses with all world talent on its team). But the whole notion to me that FFX was "the last real FF" always irks me when it was the first FF game to go away from ATB since 3, it was the first FF game to put you on linear pathways. So much went wrong with FFX, not after it.
    Wait, you cheesed the game with a strat that wasn't used until years after its release and never intended to work and you base your opinion of the game on it???

The first gen Pokemon games can be finished in 12 minutes or less, guess it is a shit game because its so short..

The combat before that wasn't bad?

X had a shit combat system that came down to quick hit, quick hit, quick hit, quick hit, quick hit LUL OK GUESS BOSS GETS A TURN, quick hit, quick hit, quick hit, quick hit, quick hit.

Shall we mention VIII where the optimal combat for the game is to do as little combat as possible?

Or II that flat out has the worst gameplay possibly in gaming history?

XII's combat gets boring once the gambits basically start playing the game in auto pilot and XIII has boring early game combat but great late/post game combat. However both of these are better then the sloths above, and better then XV for that matter which falls somewhere after X but still above the other 2 turds.

For the most part FF had interesting an interesting ATB system from IV-IX(not counting VIII, which is that coach that loses with all world talent on its team). But the whole notion to me that FFX was "the last real FF" always irks me when it was the first FF game to go away from ATB since 3, it was the first FF game to put you on linear pathways. So much went wrong with FFX, not after it.
    0 surprise that you write off ff8 and the stories complexities are lost on you ilk.

I'm guessing you're one of those people that meme "emo squall" at every opportunity and fail to give the arc justice or even fail to realise who his parents were

And the combat system may have cheese elements to it but that doesnt take anything away from the things it does well. The games still lives up to these day on a run through.

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity91 View Post
    Wait, you cheesed the game with a strat that wasn't used until years after its release
    I must be the super pro who finds stuff before everyone else...

(I'm not, it's fairly obvious to anyone who can read tooltips how to abuse the game).

Conditional turn based combat is literally asking you to cheese it. It's a mess, you "cheese" it just by using abilities... the way they're intended to be used.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AlexisSanchez View Post
    0 surprise that you write off ff8 and the stories complexities are lost on you ilk.
    Never even mentioned the story but thanks for playing. If I wanted to talk about stories there is more FFs I don't like then like, so kind of redundant to even mention it. FF stories flew the dodo when they got away from fantasy steampunk roots. FFXV is actually one of the few post SNES FF stories I can stand, not necessarily like as the ending was rushed but it's no where near as bad as some of them.

And the combat system may have cheese elements to it but that doesnt take anything away from the things it does well. The games still lives up to these day on a run through.
    The combat system is ass with the only redeemable factor being it is still atb... somewhat... but still ass. You can like it all you want... tha'ts what opinions are. Majority of people I have talked about it with hate most facets of VIII, but usually and most especially the butchered combat system.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2018-02-28 at 08:10 AM.

(I'm not, it's fairly obvious to anyone who can read tooltips how to abuse the game).

Conditional turn based combat is literally asking you to cheese it. It's a mess, you "cheese" it just by using abilities... the way they're intended to be used.

- - - Updated - - -

Never even mentioned the story but thanks for playing. If I wanted to talk about stories there is more FFs I don't like then like, so kind of redundant to even mention it. FF stories flew the dodo when they got away from fantasy steampunk roots. FFXV is actually one of the few post SNES FF stories I can stand, not necessarily like as the ending was rushed but it's no where near as bad as some of them.

The combat system is ass with the only redeemable factor being it is still atb... somewhat... but still ass. You can like it all you want... tha'ts what opinions are. Majority of people I have talked about it with hate most facets of VIII, but usually and most especially the butchered combat system.
    sounds like you went out of your way to ruin the game for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity91 View Post
    sounds like you went out of your way to ruin the game for yourself.
    Not really ruining anything. It was THE optimal way of beating any superboss in X. I mean would you rather Quick Hit spam with high stats or waste time with Yojimbos Zanmato formula? I know which one I'd pick if I was going to do a run that involved 100%.

And he's right. X did kind of just have a combat system that could be easily cheesed. It's the games own fault for thinking conditional turn based was smart. Of course people found a way to cheese it with high stats and a game that properly broke the damage limit.

And no it wasn't "years after". It was posted online not too long after being discovered and became the strategy to beating superbosses. Sure nearly every superboss had it's own cheese but 10 was literally just Quick Hit, Quick Hit, Quick Hit, Quick Hit.

There is nothing remotely complex about Quick Hit spamming. Nor was there about Vincent's Death Penalty glitch, or the Angel Wing ez mode strat for Omega in 8 or the Vanish-Doom bug in 6 that could oneshot nearly anything.

They were found quite easily by players and then posted in guides and whatnot.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

My issue with 8 was the Junction system. Good on paper but it created too much freedom of power rather than natural progression since you could access the strongest spells early on and easily one shot/one turn some bosses.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-02-28 at 09:54 AM.

I can't stand the over-the-top accents of Cindy and Cid in the English audio version. Is the rest of the game like this? If so, I can understand why there are people who would play this with Japanese audio and English subs.
    4/12/292277026596 15:30:08