Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    Could be!

I mean considering we know Azshara serves N'zoth and knowing what Old Gods' plans for Azeroth are, I suspect hers and Zul's plans don't really align in the long term. It could be that they both plan on betraying each other once they think they no longer have any benefit from this alliance of theirs. But this is all speculation at this point.
    You know what I'd find great about this? This would make them both backstabbing villains in their own right, not because the are 'mindcontroled'. Even if they use the Old Gods' power and were lured by their promises, they'd still have been the ones to take that power knowingly and willingly without so much as a second thought about the world and its inhabitants. I'd really like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Well, the Amani and Drakkari did - though the Zandalari seemed to be complicit in the former event, they were completely aghast and opposed to it in the latter. This might be the split between Zul's forces and those sent by Rastakhan, though; as it is Zul's Zandalari ambassadors that are present in Zul'Aman and Zul'Gurub where Loa are being oppressed and enslaved, whereas the Zandalari contingent in Zul'Drak were sent by Rastakhan and the Zanchuli Council to observe the fall of the Drakkari and try to preserve their history in the records (when they found that the Drakkari prophets were essentially cannibalizing their "gods" they definitely got involved, though).
    But they still did record all of this, and in revamped Zul'Gurub we've seen first results of this new knowledge. I wonder if it can be used on anything or anyone else powerful...

Maybe the return of troll empire and eradication of the old enemy - aqir is the ultimate goal after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Shandalay View Post
    You know what I'd find great about this? This would make them both backstabbing villains in their own right, not because the are 'mindcontroled'. Even if they use the Old Gods' power and were lured by their promises, they'd still have been the ones to take that power knowingly and willingly without so much as a second thought about the world and its inhabitants. I'd really like that.
    That's what I would like too, especially for Azshara. I mean from queen who was so vain and narcissistic that she wanted to marry freaking Sargeras, for her to be brought down to being some obedient pet of N'zoth would be a waste for her. It would be interesting if she also sees N'zoth as means to an end and is working towards her own agenda, just like Zul is. It would be cool if we get tangled into some big 3-way power stuggle between those, without even realizing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    But they still did record all of this, and in revamped Zul'Gurub we've seen first results of this new knowledge. I wonder if it can be used on anything or anyone else powerful...

Maybe the return of troll empire and eradication of the old enemy - aqir is the ultimate goal after all.
    Zul seems very interested in the traditional Zandalari dream of restoring their ancient empire (no doubt with him as God King) - there's a veritable stable of figures he could theoretically raise to that end, each worse than the next.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Zul is quite fascinating. Do we know yet if his powers of prophecy are coming straight from something like N'zoth or a hereditary power or is it just him playing up things that he "knows" because N'zoth is telling him like with the Cataclysm?

I agree that this power triangle between Zul, Azshara, and N'zoth is going to be an interesting thing to explore in BFA. I hope they don't waste it.
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

Deleted
    We know from the new datamined lines that Rexxar will work with horde player to prevent Azshara from getting some Tide Pearl. I guess it's one of the relics mentioned in letters.