Poll: Do you want titanforging removed?

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    No, keeps content relevant instead of getting your BiS with the drop alone. I would like to see procced gem sockets go away though. I'd rather have certain gear slots have sockets and some do not, similar to enchanting.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Fjordkeeper View Post
    That's why I wrote "only items of the current patch can be upgraded in order to avoid items from old raids being BiS"
    Maybe i wasn't clear enough so let me elaborate:

If you drop a piece from Emerald nightmare for example, you can upgrade those pieces only with items that are also dropped from that era. So you won't be able to upgrade let's say an ursoc trinket with items you drop from trial of valor upwards.

Same with arcanocrystals from worldbosses which would be considered Emerald Nightmare gear.

Mythic+ and pvp gear would only be upgrade-able if it's from the current season.

And if that doesn't work, they could simply make trinkets not upgradeable.
    I know what you meant, I just don't agree with it. I think trinkets are the one thing that is OKAY to last more than a single tier. Sure you can forge the higher ilvl stuff in but then it has a max cap... whats sad is they blew their load with trinkets in NH....most of the trinkets in terms of what they do in ToS/ABT are pretty shit in comparison.

While it might keep others it does not keep me running outdated content outside of just for fun. The initial gearing aspect is just too shallow while relying on a multi RNG system to make up for it does not keep me interested. How mythic+ is handled is personally more interesting and part of what kept me playing Legion as long as I have.

No but limit it to 15

Titanforging makes gear choices more interesting.

This is the first expansion ever where there's no "best in slot" gear, but a continual series of choices that makes improving your character more interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by davesurfer View Post
    Yes! I hate going into a tier already at the same iLvl as the gear that drops
    That's 100% because of legendaries and artifact relics, not titanforging.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't say removed, but brought under control, right now it procs way too high.

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    Titanforging makes gear choices more interesting.

This is the first expansion ever where there's no "best in slot" gear, but a continual series of choices that makes improving your character more interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

That's 100% because of legendaries and artifact relics, not titanforging.
    While TF is part of that reason, the main reason for diversity is mythic+ dungeons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by killwithpwr View Post
    Yes.

Playing this game has become more and more slot machine than skill based.

If someone wants a better reward than what they naturaly get, they should put in the effort or push themselves harder to be better at the game.

Claiming that M+ will not work without TF is not really effective since the rewards just scale according to the key level and all that you will lose is the lottery aspect of it.

Titanforging has only one good aspect to it - it keeps people grinding irrelevant content in the hopes of winning the jackpot. The same (and to many people - a better incintivisation) can be achieved with introducing Achievements, Pets, Transmog and mount rewards to the irrelevant content that then becomes more relevant...
    Everything here. YOU could also limit the degree to which something TFs to, say, 10 levels

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eucaliptus View Post
    Obviously, mythic raiders arent very important in grand scheme of things, probably because there are so few of them.
    And the ones that are world progression are even less.

And out of those, almost certain none of them are here saying it's cancer like old mate @jpedrote52.
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

Quote Originally Posted by alexchaos View Post
    While TF is part of that reason, the main reason for diversity is mythic+ dungeons.
    Well not really, because without titanforging, M+ dungeon gear would always be lower level than heroic raid gear, meaning that heroic raid gear would always be your BIS (at least for most pieces). Titanforging makes it so you have real choices of what piece of gear to wear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TelefonoGatewood View Post
    But the effect is - Blizzard doesn't know how to balance the tier - so they balance it either to the baseline without these things or they overtune it - either way the effect is "more TF, the better" - and the gear choice goes very fast from interesting to filing lottery tickets and hoping for the best.
    In reality very few people have any heavily titanforged gear. The most commonly worn titanforged gear is the M+ cache gear which always titanforges 20 ilvls.

But the choice is always interesting. Is the 960 piece you got from cache better than the 950 piece you got from the raid with better stats? The only way to know is to sim it. The choices are much more interesting than before, when you just looked up a chart which told you exactly which boss dropped your BIS for that slot.

From a casual standpoint, no. Getting titanforged gear is fun when it happens, and it doesn't feel punishing when you don't get titanforged gear because I can already do all the content I want to do regardless of whether titanforging exists or not. Titanforging just adds another layer of fun.
    "Leave your personal feedback, don't try to convince them that "everyone" hates something." - Ion Hazzikostas
    It's actually Wowhead, if I quoted directly from Ion the signature would drag out too long.

Of course fuck that greedy shit.

Well not really, because without titanforging, M+ dungeon gear would always be lower level than heroic raid gear, meaning that heroic raid gear would always be your BIS (at least for most pieces). Titanforging makes it so you have real choices of what piece of gear to wear.
    This is because they balanced the drops with TF in mind. Without it, they probably would up the Ilvl to be on par with current tier for the higher keys.

The only way to know is to sim it.
    This is the reason they removed reforging, having to sim everytime you get a new piece of gear is tedious.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    I would like to see it capped at a set amount above the original item level. The chance of bis items coming from the first dungeons or raid you do is a bit silly. I think it would really help with balance too if they didn't have to factor in 30 trinkets per dps spec. At least they are taking a step in the right direction with Azerite gear not wf/tf.
    this. same oppinion.