Fornite Battle Royal Recieves MASSIVE Performance boost on console (True 60FPS)

With Dynamic Resolution Fortnite Battle Royal for console on all models runs at 60fps. The only time there is massive performance dips is when dropping in due to massive view distance.

But once you land the performance is at a 100% near locked 60FPS no matter the model of the console you are using (PS4/PS4/XB1/XB1X). With the framerate unlocked the resolution will very with some details lowered. The amount of details lowered and the average resolution will very the model.

This is a massive performance boost and IMO makes it the definitive Battle Royal game to play on consoles. Comparing to the competition that runs on the same game engine (Unreal 4) there is no contest when it comes to performance. PUBG on XboxOne and XboxOne X still has major issues holding 30FPS and that is likely due to the game being optimized to be CPU demanding unlike Fortnite that is likely GPU.

I personally have been waiting for this patch and will be jumping into Fortnite on PS4 Pro. The save the world game mode also recieves a performance boost but due to so many effects and what not its no where near 60fps. With the frame rate unlocked its around 40FPS but still a boost but once again at the cost of Resolution.

Edit: Mods if you wish for me to remove the PUBG part I can, The main point of the thread is the performance boost to Fortnite.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2018-03-01 at 05:30 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by zomgzerg View Post
    PUBG runs on like 2015 Unreal 4 old ass version, I doubt they can do much with optimization until Epic shits out Vulkan and multithreaded rendering support for UE partners, which they may or may not be intentionally holding back now, last update was in October... Until then it would be a waste of resources to port the game to newer version, they have enough troubles with netcode and other issues anyway.
    This was only meant as a small compression to PUBG, The main point of the thread is the performance boost to Fortnite.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by zomgzerg View Post
    PUBG runs on like 2015 Unreal 4 old ass version, I doubt they can do much with optimization until Epic shits out Vulkan and multithreaded rendering support for UE partners, which they may or may not be intentionally holding back now, last update was in October... Until then it would be a waste of resources to port the game to newer version, they have enough troubles with netcode and other issues anyway.
    Engine is updated all the time buddy. This is on shoulders of PUBGs devs.

Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    Engine is updated all the time buddy. This is on shoulders of PUBGs devs.
    Very correct, The performance of PUBG is on Bluehole Studio Inc/PUBG Corporation only. I'm highly impressed Epic got Fornite to run as smooth as it does.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2018-03-01 at 05:27 PM.