Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Part of me almost wonders if the guy did it purposefully to show that arming teachers is not a good idea
    In the end, its still a teacher with a gun in school. You cant guarantee every armed teacher's intent.

Quote Originally Posted by Worgand View Post
    I'm not sure where you're from, but have you see the countries who have banned guns? Like the Uk, their crimes with knives/bladed weapons is triple+ Americas, not to mention the acid attacks, and machete beheadings. But go on, they're so much better without guns, right? Clearly the UK is beyond redemption do to their horrible stabbing rate, just like Thailand/S Korea are irredeemable due to their large number of acid attacks. /s
    IMO, I would rather live in a country where I have a 3x higher chance of being stabbed, which I have a far greater chance of surviving, than one where I have a 10x greater chance of being shot by some dude I never even see coming.

Deleted
    I dunno how it was for you guys, but I had classmates be .. well, basically terrible human beings to the teacher. If teachers are armed, one of them is going to snap - mental health problems isnt something that just affects minors.

All this is besides the point of how trained the teachers are at going john mc clane on some messed up kid.

Those videos on p1 were pretty funny do

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not sure where you're from, but have you see the countries who have banned guns? Like the Uk, their crimes with knives/bladed weapons is triple+ Americas, not to mention the acid attacks, and machete beheadings. But go on, they're so much better without guns, right? Clearly the UK is beyond redemption do to their horrible stabbing rate, just like Thailand/S Korea are irredeemable due to their large number of acid attacks. /s
    I can imagine guns being fun to have.as a dutchie I have never fired a gun: and it seems kinda fun.

Its also fun however to have low low murder rates. American gun homicide is the second most didturbing thing about america to me (first being religion #)

Also, if youre as scared from a guy with a knife as a guy with a gun then someone isnt using that gun right

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a solution - we need to arm students!

If everyone has a lot of guns it will be safe!

Deleted
    Ofcourse the attack with knives are triple than in America, because the bad guys dont have guns. They have to use something else.

If you told me "The crime in the UK is triple than in America", i would be surprised.

You are just telling me they use more knives...because they dont have guns.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I have a solution - we need to arm students!

If everyone has a lot of guns it will be safe!
    Fully expecting this exact press release from the White House by the end of next week, at the latest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

Got to love that last paragraph from the media. Forever pushing the narrative. Can’t let a single opportunity get by. LMAO!!
    When will people realize that the MSM is not on your side?

Quote Originally Posted by larix View Post
    Whoever wrote that text should be fired. I mean there is "X said" in almost every sentence in that cited text. It reads like class assignment from some low level English course in none English speaking country.
    I know, I know. Yet people will still come into forums defending their favorite brand. Hell, they didn’t even put a photo of the school, the shooter, any of the people they interviewed. They put an unrelated photo of the PotUS at the top of it because it stirs the emotions of his haters. They know exactly how the yank the strings of their followers.

Peace

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Badlanguage View Post
    So, there was a mass shooting recently and this idiot thought it was a good idea to traumatize the entire student body by barricading himself in a classroom and shooting a gun? This entitled moron shouldn't ever have been allowed to teach students, people like this and bad parenting are what lead to mass shootings. Don't blame the gun, blame the people pulling the trigger and if they are underage then it is 100% the people in positions of authority over these kids that are to blame. This guy literally taught kids that its ok to shoot a gun as long as you have a good reason or just because of your own outrage.

Also no one actually said that all teachers should be armed, what they said was that only the teachers that know how and are comfortable with using guns should be armed.
    That doesn’t matter to the extremists my friend. They only read/hear what they want. Then they interpret into their own version and present it as the “truth”.

Peace

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    What works for other countries can be taken as a measure for what will likely be useful and practical in the United States.

That, versus the "do nothing" strategy adopted by republicans. Because that's literally... doing nothing.
    How dare you say such things about Thoughts and Prayers!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Got to love that last paragraph from the media. Forever pushing the narrative. Can’t let a single opportunity get by. LMAO!!
    When will people realize that the MSM is not on your side?

I know, I know. Yet people will still come into forums defending their favorite brand. Hell, they didn’t even put a photo of the school, the shooter, any of the people they interviewed. They put an unrelated photo of the PotUS at the top of it because it stirs the emotions of his haters. They know exactly how the yank the strings of their followers.

Peace

- - - Updated - - -

That doesn’t matter to the extremists my friend. They only read/hear what they want. Then they interpret into their own version and present it as the “truth”.

Peace
    Maybe you can provide a better source.

Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Regardless, it shows that you shouldn't trust teachers with weapons in class. It could be him trying to prove a point. It could end up being a teacher who lost their shit. It could be a teacher thinking they saw someone with a gun. It could be numerous things that end up in tragedy. They are not trained for this, and shouldn't be.
    When I first saw it, first thing I thought of was "is this to make a point?", but the more info out now seems he has been having issues for a while. So we can take it as an indictment of why a teacher shouldn't have a gun.

Or, you can see that the actual discussions for allowing some teachers to be armed on school grounds includes training as well as various licensing and other restrictions. The Federal Flight Deck Officer program would be the model they should use, not just giving out glocks at attendance.

There's also the point that this guy was having mental issues that were shuffled around, in just the right ways to let him keep his guns...

Lastly of course, the point is this guy wasn't an approved teacher with a gun, as far as I know. This doesn't prove teachers shouldn't have guns, it proves that a gun-free zone doesn't matter except to law abiding people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Ofcourse the attack with knives are triple than in America, because the bad guys dont have guns. They have to use something else.

If you told me "The crime in the UK is triple than in America", i would be surprised.

You are just telling me they use more knives...because they dont have guns.
    The simple fact is, we had more violent crime before UK and Aus did their bans, and we have more after. But, during the 20+ year period after the bans in those two countries the USA actually (percentage wise) decreased crime more than those two countries.

There's also the simple fact that the UK and Aus systems are both at the extreme ends, nearly banning entirely. There are plenty of European countries with more gun ownership and easier rules that do not have more violent crime than the UK or Aus. When Norway had their mass shooting, they didn't change their laws as far as I know afterwards. Because these things are anamolies, even if the press turns them into major events. They are not the norm, you cannot build laws around them.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Arm the students to defend against rogue teachers.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

you get a gun and you get a gun and you get a gun what could go wrong. it is like thinking armed passengers on the airliners on 9/11 would been good

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    When I first saw it, first thing I thought of was "is this to make a point?", but the more info out now seems he has been having issues for a while. So we can take it as an indictment of why a teacher shouldn't have a gun.

Or, you can see that the actual discussions for allowing some teachers to be armed on school grounds includes training as well as various licensing and other restrictions. The Federal Flight Deck Officer program would be the model they should use, not just giving out glocks at attendance.

There's also the point that this guy was having mental issues that were shuffled around, in just the right ways to let him keep his guns...

Lastly of course, the point is this guy wasn't an approved teacher with a gun, as far as I know. This doesn't prove teachers shouldn't have guns, it proves that a gun-free zone doesn't matter except to law abiding people.
    I can only speak for the state of NJ. But i'm not keen on the idea of pouring money into training and certifying teachers on anything beyond education. Our schools are broke as hell. Salary freezes, pensions hanging on by a thread, programs being cut, and low wages. How would we suddenly have money for any of this?
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    The difference is that other countries are not a clown fiesta of people shooting at eachother.

More guns will always be equal to more violence. Who would have thought.

Why is America any different from other countries?
    Oh right because you have a millionair business selling guns.
    No guns = no money = "welp lets just keep shooting at eachother"
    Why is Mexico and Honduras which have strict gun control and way less guns have way more gun violence then America per 100,000 people?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    you get a gun and you get a gun and you get a gun what could go wrong. it is like thinking armed passengers on the airliners on 9/11 would been good
    Majority would have still been alive though. Those guys just had box cutters.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathcries View Post
    Why is Mexico and Honduras which have strict gun control and way less guns have way more gun violence then America per 100,000 people?
    Because they have corrupt or absent government which means violence from organized crime and official. Also Mexico and the US are pretty much close to tied which is scary considering what they have to deal with over there economically and politically versus the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I can only speak for the state of NJ. But i'm not keen on the idea of pouring money into training and certifying teachers on anything beyond education. Our schools are broke as hell. Salary freezes, pensions hanging on by a thread, programs being cut, and low wages. How would we suddenly have money for any of this?
    Sure, it comes back to money for a lot of this stuff. Even just improving the schools needs more money budgeted. The teacher stuff can be up to the teacher if the teacher wants to do it, though. Again, we're not talking mandatory firearms for every teacher. We're talking about recognizing that some teachers can handle a firearm safely and could be authorized to do so if they chose to.

There has to be more to this, either he was not wanting to be removed or retired or he was doing it as a political move. That or mental issues >.>

Quote Originally Posted by FurryRedVixen View Post
    There has to be more to this, either he was not wanting to be removed or retired or he was doing it as a political move. That or mental issues >.>
    He had run ins with police and they had him voluntarily commit himself for depression. He had reported a murder that never happened for example. Basically he was having a breakdown over the past couple years, but since he was a nice guy they didn't force the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    You guys realizes this guy could have done this specifically to get the reactions? Really more of a self fulfilled prophecy. Seems like he was just trying to make a point and yet everyone in the thread is like, "I told you so." Trump's suggested changes haven't even gone into effect yet.

I'm against arming teachers as much as the next guy, but the levels of logic in this thread are just lower than normal.
    Except those changes have already started. Several states have already introduced bills allowing teachers to carry, and some have passed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathcries View Post
    Because those nations' ability to effect gun control is severely hampered by a certain other nation that refuses to.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Because those nations' ability to effect gun control is severely hampered by a certain other nation that refuses to.
    They should be more than happy to pay for the wall then.