Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Here's hoping good old fashion conservatism comes back, I for one do not want a one party system. The concept of small efficient government, fiscal responsibility and free market still has great appeal they need to evolve on social issues but that could be repackaged successfully. What we have today is Trumpism not really conservatism, they are a cult of personality who just follow whatever Trump says no real foundations or values.

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Oh yeah, i'm not talking on an individual scale im talking about on a long term scale. The left pushes further and the right is forced to follow.

It's a bit of a tug of war but we are definitely moving forward as a species.
    I'd prefer not to move forward with lefties at the front.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    You obviously have never learned about the principles of liberalism.
    I’ve not bought into any line of BS you’re about to throw down. By saying liberal or conservative the overall distinction is in reference to what. But yes I’m all the way liberal
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    Yes, and as I pointed out in a different thread this is the only reason Democrats wants the voting age lowered to 16. A perfect way to gerrymander democracy.

I'm sure you are equally upset with all the Republicans who gerrymander in their states.

Have a wonderful day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    Perfect example of why voting should require 21+ years old, (I'd say even older) employment (If you aren't paying taxes you should not have a voice) and no criminal history at all.
    Make sure to take away the voting rights of all the old people while you are at it. After all, they are the premiere welfare class in this country.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    People typically have more wealth as they grow older. People with more wealth typically vote Republican ( celebrities , tech sector and athletes aside). This is why older people are Republicans.

If they are using “identifies with liberal policies “ as the criteria , I would imagine that people typically Republican are also becoming increasingly ok with typical “liberal” policies like equal rights for gays and such.
    There's one poblem, older generations aren't actually fiscally conservative. Look at our debt... that wasn't caused by millenials.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    Working full time? No you weren't. I had a summer job starting at 13. You need to live a decent amount of life before you should be able to vote on matter that effect everyone.
    So, now you are making even more qualifications. I had a job at 11, and was working 25-35 hours a week at that age. By 13, I was full time. Old people tend to not work, so I'm sure you want to take away their votes, right?
    Last edited by Machismo; 2018-03-02 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Oh yeah, i'm not talking on an individual scale im talking about on a long term scale. The left pushes further and the right is forced to follow.

It's a bit of a tug of war but we are definitely moving forward as a species.
    If by "forward" you mean wanting to restrict freedoms that don't involve sex, not being able to figure out the difference between men and women, not understanding when human life begins even though it's obvious, being against self-defense, and constantly pitting people against each other based upon demographic checkboxes, often beyond the control of the individuals involved, then yes, we are indeed moving forward.

Of course, conservatives are intelligent enough to be horrified. It does take young idiots to keep dragging us "forward".

Quote Originally Posted by Frogguh View Post
    If by "forward" you mean wanting to restrict freedoms that don't involve sex, not being able to figure out the difference between men and women, not understanding when human life begins even though it's obvious, being against self-defense, and constantly pitting people against each other based upon demographic checkboxes, often beyond the control of the individuals involved, then yes, we are indeed moving forward.

Of course, conservatives are intelligent enough to be horrified. It does take young idiots to keep dragging us "forward".
    What do conservatives actually represent these days?

More libtards yay, soon being white gonna be banned in US.

infracted - trolling
    Last edited by Crissi; 2018-03-02 at 03:08 PM.

The idea that all ideals can be sorted into one of two categories is just plain stupid. Most people I talk to are moderate and end up trying to choose from the lesser of two evils when voting.
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

Millennials aren't all that young assuming most of us were born around 1980.

You don't swing conservative until you have a mortgage payment and a family to support. People who are worried about the future tend to be more conservative.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Considering how biased most news and information tends to be and the social environment currently, the survey is not surprising that young people are shown to think that way. Young people tend to be more emotional when it comes to forming opinions anyways, and the views reflected are almost guaranteed to be emotionally based decisions instead of thought out or rational ones. Even when I was working on multiple university degrees when I was 15, I could safely say I was intelligent... but that in no way means that I was wise at that age. Wisdom is certainly something that comes with age, and that most people that lean liberal severely lack wisdom because decisions are constantly made emotionally instead of rationally. Unfortunately, there are tendencies in current society that inhibits the development of wisdom (some engineered by the side that it would favor).

Pretty much every left-liberal position is based on emotion instead of rationale, and they rely on people being emotional to propagate their views instead of actually thinking about it rationally. That's why it sticks well with kids, because they are an emotional maelstrom until the real world forces them to grow up (which could be well into mid-20's or 30's). It's even more apparent when their views get challenged, the response is almost always emotionally charged because that's all they have... you'll even see it devolve into argument tactics that an elementary kid would use. You provide a fact or even just an opposing point of view for discussion, they call you a liar, liar, pants on fire or say you don't have a heart or you're a racist/bigot/xenophobe/etc... it's the equivalent of a kid being in denial and saying their parents don't love them and calling them names. From what I've seen demonstrated by the most recent generations, there's a severe lack of people growing up.

One thing that I think would drastically change the trend shown in the survey would be if more people had historical context instead of just emotional ramblings as support of their arguments. In relation to current US news with topics like gun control and the 2nd amendment, it's apparent hardly anyone twisting the verbage of the 2nd amendment to support banning guns or similar views have no concept of the history behind the 2nd amendment or the US Constitution in general (it wasn't taught to me in school, I had to actually read up and research to inform myself). In fact, I'd recommend reading the Federalist papers (anti-Federalist viewpoints are good, too, since they were concerned about what's currently happening in the US now) as to why the Constitution is set up the way it is, as it's steeped in the history of the world and human nature. To cut to the chase, the history behind the Bill of Rights was that the framers originally didn't have these in the Constitution because they thought they were no-brainers. The real resistance to adding the first ten amendments was that people would confuse the rights as coming from the government, as their intent were the rights were to come from God/Nature... basically, you have these rights, and the government is there to protect your rights, not regulate or take them away. In the end, the amendments were added because there was fear that government would try to take away God/Nature-given rights from the people if they didn't explicitly state them. That's the actual history of the amendments, but your average Millenial/Post-Mil/young person probably couldn't even tell you what the second amendment is or a basic explanation of it.

I'll wrap this up as I could write endlessly about this topic, but the short version of why current US liberalism/progressive movement/etc. exists and has appeal at all is because a lack of wisdom and knowledge of history, and young adults and children are generally lacking in both and exploited to that end unfortunately.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deldavala View Post
    Her problem was votes in the right places. As a career politician she knows how the systems works and how to game it(she managed just fine in the primaries). She just failed to actually campaign the whole country. America is more than just California and New york you know.
    No, she ran a competitive campaign, the counter intelligence operation of a hostile foreign adversary targeted rural non college educated white people in Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Ohio, and Michigan. For a more in depth look, look at the demographics of the comet pizza sex ring shooter and the town he came from to see where Russian counter Intel focused their misinformation operations.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post

There's one poblem, older generations aren't actually fiscally conservative. Look at our debt... that wasn't caused by millenials.
    That's incredibly simplifying it though.

One could also hazard a guess that millennials aren't the ones generating most of the wealth of America either, with some exceptions of course. At least not yet anyway. As they age and amass more wealth, they will obviously be the generation that is the back bone of America. Forbes has an article stating they will be over half the work force in the next 5 years.

The same article makes a note that Millennials are actually typically fiscally conservative. Being compared to the "silent generation" just after the great depression.

So we may see some responsible fiscal policy's take root in our life time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    What do conservatives actually represent these days?
    What do they say the represent or what do they actually represent. Finding the 2 are becoming further and further apart.
    People working 2 jobs in the US (at least one part-time) - 7.8 Million (Roughly 4.9% of the workforce)

People working 2 full-time jobs in the US - 360,000 (0.2% of the workforce)

Average time worked weekly by the US Workforce - 34.5 hours

I have hope for our future.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find the wishful thinking that permeates this thread amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    That's incredibly simplifying it though.

One could also hazard a guess that millennials aren't the ones generating most of the wealth of America either, with some exceptions of course. At least not yet anyway. As they age and amass more wealth, they will obviously be the generation that is the back bone of America. Forbes has an article stating they will be over half the work force in the next 5 years.

The same article makes a note that Millennials are actually typically fiscally conservative. Being compared to the "silent generation" just after the great depression.

So we may see some responsible fiscal policy's take root in our life time.

- - - Updated - - -

What do they say the represent or what do they actually represent. Finding the 2 are becoming further and further apart.
    Millenials are not the ones generating most of the wealth, that is Gen X and Baby Boomers. Unfortunately, the Baby Boomers and Silent Generation are the ones who are also pushing major spending and haven't bothered to save. Millenials are going to end up saving far more than previous generations. They saw how badly things were bungled, and will hopefully make up for it. For all their incessant whining about mundane issues, they are far ahead of the game on fiscal issues compared to their parents and grandparents.

Millenials, maybe. Generation Z is the most conservative since World War 2, however.

Not really surprising.

Bet a good portion will still be called "Nazis" from the same Liberals this research quite likely lumps together, though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    No, she ran a competitive campaign, the counter intelligence operation of a hostile foreign adversary targeted rural non college educated white people in Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Ohio, and Michigan. For a more in depth look, look at the demographics of the comet pizza sex ring shooter and the town he came from to see where Russian counter Intel focused their misinformation operations.
    Oh, you are think that little of the voter base. Even with high estimates the Russians used less than 20million on their interference. Compared to the 600million of the trump campaign and 1.2billion from the Hillary campaign, it pales in comparison?

Why cant people just admit that Trump actually had a better campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by sonololo View Post
    The old "agade" about people becoming conservative with age is true if you remember how it sounds fully. People become fiscally conservative, but remain liberal in core. It's a whole different thing and isn't really related to political views.
    This is something a lot of people don't understand about the becoming conservative adage. It's not that people are eschewing their values, it's just as they accumulate wealth, they will seek to protect it and the revenue stream that created it.
    Whether that might be misguided or not is for others to decide based on what part of the country they live in.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    You can be conservative and think guns are fucking stupid
    Absolutely.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deldavala View Post
    Oh, you are think that little of the voter base. Even with high estimates the Russians used less than 20million on their interference. Compared to the 600million of the trump campaign and 1.2billion from the Hillary campaign, it pales in comparison?

Why cant people just admit that Trump actually had a better campaign?
    Because they feel better not admitting it.