Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Sentient Slime Allied Race!

Hi,

Blizzard, can you please make Sentient Slime into Allied Race? We are seeing these guys all the way from Vanilla and they already have weapon models matching them, as well as significant presence in various key lore locations.

Proposed classes should be Warrior and Hunter because they shown affinity with weapons and arrows, it will also be easy to implement quiver models. Rogues may be possible too, as some Slimes can blend in environment and daggers are potentially carried too. Some Slimes seem seem also to be proficient with Shadow magic, so consider Slime Warlocks and Slime Priests. Slime Monks of course should be added, as their ability to shift their bodies is reminiscent of body mastery of Monks.

As for customization features, I suggest skulls of several races as well as goo color - green, grey and red and their hues. Since Slime can technically take forms, it should be easy to have current armor matched to them... or rather them to the armor.

This is an example of how it can be done - take note, the usual WoW issue with Armor clipping would only enhance the immersion further with Sentient Slime allied race!

Additional official images.

Last edited by Gaidax; 2018-03-02 at 06:14 PM.

the timing of this thread is impeccable being that I am smack in the middle of the Punk Hazard story arch of One Piece, and Smiley the pet slime of Caesar Clown just was introduced a few episodes ago.

having said that, Smiley is more of a slimey ooze puddle as portrayed in the second and third pictures, but the first one, man, now THAT is something I could defntly work with and enjoy playing. i have never seen a sentient slime humanoid until that first picture. and I like where your head is at! Idk about the playability of the more ameba-like slime, but the humanoid i am all for! +1

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auberdeen View Post
    the timing of this thread is impeccable being that I am smack in the middle of the Punk Hazard story arch of One Piece, and Smiley the pet slime of Caesar Clown just was introduced a few episodes ago.

having said that, Smiley is more of a slimey ooze puddle as portrayed in the second and third pictures, but the first one, man, now THAT is something I could defntly work with and enjoy playing. i have never seen a sentient slime humanoid until that first picture. and I like where your head is at! Idk about the playability of the more ameba-like slime, but the humanoid i am all for! +1
    Well they could add Anima primordial style slime like we have in ToT. Endless possibilities and strong lore presence already, easily rivals Void Elves.

Naturally such slime can easily take humanoid shape and equip gear, with clipping being a main feature as opposed to compromise we have to live with for other races.

My, that is a giant salt mine node ya got there...

Still better than void elves.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    You're silly, but okay.

Found an early concept of the males!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    You're silly, but okay.

Found an early concept of the males!

I think it's a good base, but some armor of course needs to be added there.

For example, classic MMORPG armor as base:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post

ok now i really wanna play a slime mannnn

Still better than Vulpera

#SlimesForTheHorde

Can't wait to hear their flirts.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post

Why the fuck is she heavily armored everywhere EXCEPT her vagina?!
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Skyforge1 View Post
    Still better than Kul Tirans
    Fixed that for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    Notice how you looked at her panties instead of the giant sword she'll cleave you in half with?

It's called a tactical advantage.

Does slime even need armor to begin with?

Slimes would be absolutely radical. You could give them some super fun racial abilities.

will the slimes follow RPG design though?

easily able to solo 5 warriors, but 1 mage looks at the slime and gets 2 shot right?!

prot slimes could be an extreme version of warriors, takes melee hits all day health doesn't move, raid boss hits slime with magic spell needs 3 cooldowns or gets 1 shot.

Hell is empty and all the devils are on this forum.

Deleted
    Can we have a poll please? 'cause clearly there are some of us that want them to be Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is for increased mobility.

Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    Can we have a poll please? 'cause clearly there are some of us that want them to be Horde.
    A barely sentient pile of snot? Certainly. A proud member of the Horde.

And I'm only half-joking, I think there could be some interesting lore in having a race of something that the Curse of Flesh reduced to slime, but remained intelligent.