Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Isn't the sole purpose of the zone/faction we are getting, to expand on the race and give it some backstory?

Its hard to take the post seriously when you say there is no story but don't acknowledge that they will probably get said Lore in the upcoming expansion.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zeropeorth View Post
    The problem with your stance is it is your head is up your ass so far you think the universe in up in there. I'm only intentionally coming off that harsh because you are being extraordinarily harsh and vulgar to people who just want something you don't. You called them furries, extremely destructive, annoying, shit lovers, and people that are 'forcing' their wants on others (look in the mirror silly ship) with the effect of angering some (vocal minority trying to push their anti fox agenda; looking like a grumpy 5 year old that is throwing a tantrum because McDonalds added orange soda and they wanted strawberry instead). 'The fuck is wrong with you people' ... again, mirror.

There wasn't an exodus because of pandas ... a 'extremely destructive and annoying vocal minority who try to push shit that the rest of us don't want just for the sake of pissing everyone off?' group of people made a stink while other rational people just played the expansion and whined about the excessive daily grind plus artificial gating. silly lolpanda crowd, thought they were so important. People filled with random hate need those lies they tell themselves to keep waking up the next day.

What is wrong with you to get so upset about some people who like foxes and want to play them. Doesn't appeal to me, but I like things others don't and its only respectful and fair to not piss over others parties if you don't want the same in return.

Don't want? More like I don't care. Don't care about the worgen or goblins either, still to this day. The pandaren running around don't change my gameplay.

Yeah, I've wanted arakkoa and ethereal since I saw them and doubly so since I got my time-lost figurine.

Every thing can be controversial; and in wow, it usually is. Stat squish. Xpac lore. current game vs pick your era of which was the high point of the game. Tier gear visual appearance. Pretty much anything people can have different opinions of, and anyone with random ridiculous passions for or against a specific topic (such as pandas or foxes) on both extremes ... making gamers as a whole look like a bunch of ignorant adolescent assholes and drive devs crazy in any long term large game. The trick is, its all bullshit. none of it matters. make the best of what life gives you and do what you can to ensure your own happiness and the rest doesn't matter. Not having your head up your ass and realizing you can do what you like and enjoy what you enjoy, and others can do the same but you don't have to agree.

a fox race doesn't hurt you. you are hurting you by getting your blood pressure and stress levels elevated over some 1110010110 displayed as a few million pixels, that you don't even own the rights to. Have fun with the heart attack if a fox race in wow gets you that worked up. Real life is going to be a serious bitch for you.
    This should be stickied to the MMO-C front page.

So, disregarding the deliberately antagonistic tone, there's a lot to unpack here.

For a HUGE amount of people, we grew up with anthropomorphic protagonists -- Donkey Kong (pretty much every single character connected to Donkey Kong), Sly Cooper and his cast, Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, Crash Bandicoot, Sonic the Hedgehog, Spyro, Gex, Conker, Banjo-Kazooie, Star Fox, even Mario features several anthropomorphic characters, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, the Fantastic Mr. Fox, Beast Wars -- the list goes on and on. These characters are all evocative of, at the very least, a certain degree of nostalgia which the Vulpera design captures very successfully.

For others, there's an inherent comedy in the Vulpera, particularly in the context of the Horde. Taking something that on the surface looks cuddly or adorable and making it "savage" or "vicious" is funny if only for the reversal of expectations.

If anything, it speaks volumes about the success of the Vulpera design that their mere appearance evokes such a passionate response from the player base. The bring a tremendous amount of personality in appearance alone, something sorely lacking from a huge number of the races available in World of Warcraft.

if they put this much effort into the fox, then the worgen remake should be amazing.

So I got the fox mount two weeks ago. Just think: level one to at least 20 and get a fox pet, then I can play a fox on a fox with a fox.

Seriously though, if they add these and some folks like it and play them? Great. Like pandas, undead - in fact any race - I don't have to start one if I don't want to and to those who do: have fun!

Not a huge fan of the race, but it means absolutely nothing that they aren't established.

- Night Elves, Tauren, and a host of races and places were not established before Warcraft III
    - Blood Elves, Naga and Draenei were not established until TFT
    - Qiraji and Worgen were not established until Vanilla; also Gnomes were completely absent from Warcraft III and TFT and they took a lot of people who started with those games by surprise. Stormwind was also retconned back into existence in Vanilla (it was supposed to be destroyed and abandoned, never appeared in Warcraft III) and Teldrassil was a Vanilla invention.
    - Draenei were retconned into being good Eredar in TFT. Also, a lot of races and factions weren't established until then, such as the Arakkoa, Ethereals, Sporelings, Mag'har, Naaru, Infinite Dragonflight, etc.
    - Vrykul, Val'kyr, Kvaldir, Wolvar, Gorlocs, Taunka, Iron Dwarves, Frost Dwarves, Mechagnomes, the Grizzly Hills lumber cutters, another World Tree, a rebuilt Dalaran and High Elves that were still part of the Alliance weren't established until Wotlk.
    - Pygmies, Hobgoblins, Fire Druids, Gilblins, Ettin weren't established until Cataclysm.
    - Mogu, Hozen, Jinyu, Virmen, Saurok, Grummles, Yaungol and Mantid weren't established until MoP.
    - Saberon, Botani, Podlings and a few intermediate stages between Gronns and Orges weren't established until WoD.
    - Nightborne, Highmountain, Void Elves, Drogbar and The Army of the Light weren't established until Legion. The Broken Isles as a whole were a major retcon from their original lore.
    - Tortollans were not a thing until Hearthstone introduced them recently (and even so they are getting retconned, since they were supposed to be native to Un'goro).

Why exactly are the Vulpera an issue? They are adding new races in BFA like they have every expansion; it's only natural that some of them will make it as Allied Races, since this is also a BFA feature. It would be retarded to add Arakkoa and Ethereals now when the story is nowhere close to them narratively and thematically.

People want genuinely new things in an expansion and reskins of old races aren't that. However the Vulpera look genuinely different from anything in game and that excites a lot people.

Also, as posted above, lore is a thing until it isn't. It bends depending on the needs of the designers and is already utterly broken in a few key areas (e.g. mage Night Elves). Just relax and let people play the game in a way they enjoy. You don't have to.

Deleted
    No, Lil hater the question is NOT
    Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    What's with this fucking vulpera obsession?
    BUT
    What's with this fucking HATE ON vulpera obsession?

BUT you liul hater are so stuck in your lil ragehead you cant even read a book (like chronicles).....

Who the fuck is this extremely destructive and annoying vocal minority who hates on everything they dont like just for the HATE sake pissing everyone off?
    fixed your BAD spelling

The fuck is wrong with you people? Do we really need another player causing exodus expansion a la pandaria to happen just because you like to be controversial?
    No, the REAL question is "The fuck is wrong with you that opinions other then your own make you into a rage filled hater?"??

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dravec View Post
    Only one who needs an education here is you.
    Says the person who equates furries to bestiality... You don't understand what the word "beast" means, so I'll educate you. Beast has nothing to do with looks, and everything to do with mental capacity. A sentient, sapient, intelligent creature (like Vulpera, Pandaren, Tauren, Sethrak, etc.. even WoW's Dragons) cannot be called a beast, because they do not fit the definition of beast... They are, for all intents and purposes, people, you not being able to see them as such is honestly quite saddening.

If you called it Xenophilia, that would be accurate.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2018-03-02 at 08:39 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Says the person who equates furries to bestiality... You don't understand what the word "beast" means, so I'll educate you. Beast has nothing to do with looks, and everything to do with mental capacity. A sentient, sapient, intelligent creature (like Vulpera, Pandaren, Tauren, Sethrak, etc.. even WoW's Dragons) cannot be called a beast, because they do not fit the definition of beast... They are, for all intents and purposes, people, you not being able to see them as such is honestly quite saddening.

If you called it Xenophilia, that would be accurate.
    What in the fuck? Animals are NOT people. I don’t care if they’re sentient. A talking dog is still a dog. Is a Terminator a person? It’s sentient, so according to your logic it must be. Go back to Tumblr.

10+ Year Old Account
    We have races with over a decade of established lore, from Arakkoa to Ogres to Furbolgs to Centaurs to Naga and Ethereals and shit knows what else...

Who the fuck comprises this extremely destructive and annoying vocal minority who try to push shit that the rest of us don't want just for the sake of pissing everyone off?

Vulpera have NO LORE.
    They have NO HISTORY.
    They have had NO PRESENCE.

But suddenly, "OMG FURRY FOX I NEED PLOX".

The fuck is wrong with you people? Do we really need another player causing exodus expansion a la pandaria to happen just because you like to be controversial?
    The controversy is 100% one sided, and it comes from the people who are against it. Why do you care what other people do? It shouldn't effect you this much.

This is like being upset that your black, gay neighbor, just bought a BMW, and decided to paint it some obnoxious pink color, and then you go an bitch about it to anyone who will halfway listen to you.

You don't want to see him kissing his partner.

You don't want black people in your neighborhood.

You don't like the color pink on THAT car.

These are personal issues that you need to deal with on your own time, the rest of us don't need to hear about it.

So guys, I need some suggestion for my future female Vulpera
    Any idea for a name ?

I don't get the love for them either. Out of all the possible new allied races, these should be in the bottom 100 of being the least interesting.. just barely behind Vermin. Good thing that this board isn't a good presentation of the WoW playerbase, considering 95% of this board clears Antorus mythic and started playing in Vanilla or early beta if the statistics were to be believed (which I don't).

What in the fuck? Animals are NOT people. I don’t care if they’re sentient. A talking dog is still a dog. Is a Terminator a person? It’s sentient, so according to your logic it must be. Go back to Tumblr.
    You seem to have struggled with understanding basic sentence structure here. The clause in question is referring to the "hybrids" of WoW -- gnolls, Tauren, quillboar, pandaren, dragonoids/dragons, etc. These should all be considered people, due to their levels of intelligence and sentience.

10+ Year Old Account
    What in the fuck? Animals are NOT people.
    Humans are by definition animals, beast and animal are two different things.

If Elves are people, and Orcs are people, and the aliens from mass effect are people, these are too. Like I just told you, whether or not something is a beast, or a person, has exactly 0% to do with what it looks like. I don't care if you feel otherwise, because facts are not governed by your feelings.

I don’t care if they’re sentient.
    Sentient is not sapient, something can be sentient without being sapient, but sapient is the important bit, it's where the "sapien" in Homo Sapiens comes from.

A talking dog is still a dog.
    But they are not a beast, by definition, so long as they actually understand the things they are saying, and can hold up an intellectual conversation. We are not arguing feelings here, we are arguing facts, words have definitions, and you don't get to change them just because you feel weird about it.

Is a Terminator a person?
    No, because they are not in control of themselves, they are still slave to their clever programming, lights and clockwork.

Sonny from I-Robot, on the other hand, is sentient and sapient, he is, for all intents and purposes, a person.
    It’s sentient
    But it is not sapient, and sapient is the important part. Sci-fi often misuses the word sentient, so I understand your confusion.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2018-03-02 at 09:14 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Melius View Post
    no thanks. and remove those ugly goblins too.
    Oi now that's just hurtful.

Are we just going to keep acting like Draenei being added to Alliance wasnt one giant nonesensical retcon fuck up?

Or Void Elves in general?

Vulpera are new but at least they aren't living embodiment of what teenagers write in their notebook, led by a gigantic mary sue, with their inclusion also making no sense.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    So guys, I need some suggestion for my future female Vulpera
    Any idea for a name ?
    "GetTriggered"

Vulpera for Horde would single-handedly bring me back to the game. Fite me.

Oh, uh...also something about yiff yiff murr. Am I doing furry right?
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

You know who else didn't have lore until their implementation?

-Nightborne
    -Lightforged Draenei
    -Void Elves
    -Highmountain Tauren

The only two allied races with any established lore are Zandalari and Dark Iron. Every other one has been a fabrication of Legion's story, much like the Vulpera are a fabrication of Battle for Azeroth's story.

This does not preclude them from being interesting, nor does it mean they can't be an allied race. At least Vulpera will exist in the expansion they came from, unlike Void Elves, who only appeared the moment they were playable.