Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    LOL as the recipients of the "pay" part. No.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    I am against the practice but how is this a problem for you?

Do other people that get boosted for payment have an effect on your experience in the game?
    Yupp it removes the sense of accomplishment just like LFR does. It 100% impacts everyone else.

I guess people getting hired for being a white man wouldn't be a problem since it doesn't affect you if it was for a job that you didn't apply for right?

True “winning” in this game isn’t even anything Blizzard controls at the moment. It’s community driven via Log Parses and Raider.io score.

Sure you can pay for M+ boost but that will only get you so far and will cost a ton eventually.

Really P2W is Via piloting. Letting someone with actual skill (or great botting abilities) to play your account and earn you great scores.

So yes there is P2W but it’s not from the stupid token.

Quote Originally Posted by skidfromsteamwheedlecarte View Post
    Obviously, legally speaking, when you follow blizzard’s terms and conditions, this game is not p2win.

I am speaking about third parties that provide services which are technically pay2win. Blizzard has a huge player base, in millions, it is hardly ever they will ban 100% of the players who use those services, which in return this makes for those users a pay2win situation.

I am not going to enlist what those third parties offer, but they will do something for you ingame which probably you will never do or get, for reasons that, you might have no time, the content is hard for you, etc.

Will Blizzard do something about the pay2win problem that third parties offer? I understand that those services existed since vanilla, but try to understand they were very expensive back then, I remember where 1 gold was worth 1 dollar or even more. The problem is now that poor eu countries charge for those services much cheaper hence more players are buying and its putting more fuel to the fire.
    It's gotten a lot better since they entered the gold market in form of wowtokens. A lot of legit guilds and groups only take gold now. However it is impossible to get rid of the people who pay real money and the people who charge real money, they attempted to last April and it went terribly. They issued permabans to almost 800k players who were a part of paying for RBGs/Arenas, the loss was so huge that they had to "change" their stance and not issue permabans and instead most of them only lasted a few weeks, not to mention when they did do this they banned a bunch of innocent players who just happened to be put against the win-traders and labeled them as cheaters and refused to fix the issue for all those players.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Deleted
    The mythic "scene" has to pay their rent somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    I am against the practice but how is this a problem for you?

Do other people that get boosted for payment have an effect on your experience in the game?
    Have you ever played with people from South American servers who have mythic gear ilvl but do 300k dps?

Then you know it can affect the experience.

Sadly there is no way around this, unless we have zero gear progression and it's impossible to carry people, which is unlikely. What I would personally like though is not to have to see the spam in trade chat or in the group finder about it... THAT annoys the hell out of me. I keep reporting those people for spam and yet they are still there to sell their heroic Argus runs or Mythic+15 runs. You can turn off trade chat, but the LFG tool when you're trying to find a +15 group for your weekly is a mess.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Not really. Just because they have high ilevel, that doesn't mean they are any good. They still wont know how to pvp for jack. Someone who earned the ilevel will be better then someone who didn't.
    Pardon? I'm not talking about ilvl, I'm talking about arena boosts for real money. It's rather easy for top tier players to carry a third person with some ilvl (which he could have gained by buying into mythic raids) into gladiator range.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanfall View Post
    Wait wait wait.....700k dps is good dps to you? Yeesh...
    Sorry, i didt know i had to do /s as i assume people had the brains to figure out that 700k is not good dps.

Will be sure to add /s on my next sarcasm post.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by skidfromsteamwheedlecarte View Post
    Unfair advantage, can’t fully tell if a player is good or not e.g. he gets a boost on the last boss and posts curve giving the illusion that he is experienced, it gives the harder content less value, as even newbies can buy themselves into it. Yes, it does affect me, as I follow the rule and I want everyone to do the same, so that the game is fairly competitive on all aspects.
    And? Not really sure why that is that big of a problem. Not many players play the harder content.

I agree that it affects you personally. Does it affect the game? No. Not in my opinion. I play. I raid. I enjoy it. Someone somewhere paying to be carried does not affect my experience of the game.

I think the problem is that you consider it be competitive. You may see it that way, Others does not.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraNic View Post
    If I invite a nice druid with 2k+ mythic score and I think he will be good but in the end he's just garbage who doesn't even know what Volcano affix is doing...
    Then yes.
    well in that case he didn't "win" anything did he so that invalidate your whole point. With what you are saying that Druid actually payed2lose?

Deleted
    The only real question is why blizzard doesn't auto-ban accounts that create custom groups with terms like "wowvendor.com" in the description. The instant they are aware of a new site popping up, auto-ban any account that creates a custom group with the website in the description. Done. I don't understand why they don't do this.

What is this imaginary problem? Blizzard can do fuck all about 3rd parties beyond banning people caught in the transaction.

Also claiming WoW is p2w is beyond moronic.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    No. WoW is, in fact, a true p2win game in all it's glory.

Since the moment you could buy in game currency with real money.

Shame.
    So... since Classic and the gold farming boom that continued well throughout TBC and WotLK?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    You are wrong because, like he said, it Only applies in situations where you can pay real money for clear, distinct advantages, that are Not accessible in the game in any way unless you've purchased it off of a store.

Name 1 instance of an item being sold in the store for WoW that is Better then anything else in the game. All you need is one instance of this, and you'll be right. It can be for any slot. It can be maybe a buff that increases their stats beyond what a top geared player could achieve. Just one example of this.

If you cannot list one example of an item being sold, By blizzard or a third party, that is Far stronger then Anything present in the game, then its not pay 2 win. Things that do not count are things such as carries, since any player can achieve the same thing without spending any form of currency.

Exactly. Not winning anything if you suck. Gear or no gear. Wont be kept around if you're bad just because your ilevel is high.
    I'm sure people can get gear on boost mythic runs, the best gladiator gear aswell with arena boosts.

So... no, i was completely right. It's shocking that i had to spell it out though. I don't apreciate having to waste my time with trivialities.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    AGain, you're misusing the term. The game is not "pay2win" because the game doesn't offer any "pay to win" features. That's 100% player-created and 100% player-driven. Blizzard doesn't support that kind of practice.
    Oh fine. This matters alot to you. The game is not P2W, the services offered by third parties make it so.

Geez happy? Stick to the problem. I don't give a rats ass if people want to call it P2W or 321. Theres a problem that needs fixing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Oh fine. This matters alot to you. The game is not P2W, the services offered by third parties make it so.

Geez happy? Stick to the problem. I don't give a rats ass if people want to call it P2W or 321. Theres a problem that needs fixing.
    I am actually impressed how wrong you are. Third party services don't make the game p2w because they don't offer anything which can't be gained by any other player in game.

Is your problem Mythic gear/raid clear or PVP end game content rating?
    If my guildmates boost me through that content does that mean WoW gets magically converted to P2W? It should by the definition in your head. instead of paying though I got boosted by my friends. Or does that make it different because they are my friends?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tietoso View Post
    I am actually impressed how wrong you are. Third party services don't make the game p2w because they don't offer anything which can't be gained by any other player in game.

Is your problem Mythic gear/raid clear or PVP end game content rating?
    If my guildmates boost me through that content does that mean WoW gets magically converted to P2W? It should by the definition in your head. instead of paying though I got boosted by my friends. Or does that make it different because they are my friends?
    I swear people are acting purposidly dense in this thread.

If you can't open your LFG tool and see that it's cheating selling that for real life money and needs fixing, we are done here. You have absolutely no case and are wasting my time.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Have you ever played with people from South American servers who have mythic gear ilvl but do 300k dps?
    I haven't. But I've played with many, many people from the US servers with mythic gear ilvl but do 300k dps.

Why exactly use "south american servers", when your own regional servers have plenty of examples? That stinks of xenophobia, IMO.

- - - Updated - - -

No, it doesn't make it so.

There's no problem. This is just people getting... jealous, to put it kindly, of people getting AOTC, titles, cosmetics and mythic gear before them. Those guys who do buy boosts do not "win" the game, because the majority of the time they'll still do less DPS/HPS than people with normal-level gear who worked to get their gear, and PvP-wise will still fall like a castle of cards in a tornado to skilled players.

5+ Year Old Account
    I swear people are acting purposidly dense in this thread.

If you can't open your LFG tool and see that it's cheating selling that for real life money and needs fixing, we are done here. You have absolutely no case and are wasting my time.
    Some people are just in denial about their favourite game having implemented a neat p2w mechanic without them even realizing. Is it as bad as with, e.g. some EA's games? No, but the issue remains nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    No. WoW is, in fact, a true p2win game in all it's glory.

Since the moment you could buy in game currency with real money.

Shame.
    Don't be ridiculous. People have been trading gametime for gold for YEARS. YEARS. All they did was consolidate that trade into a safe, Blizzard-sanctioned transaction.

You are NOT just "buying gold"; you're trading gametime for gold. The gold isn't being created out of thin air; actual players are giving it to you.

And, besides, what massive benefits can trading for gold get you that playing the game normally can't? Spoiler alert: literally none. Pay2Win involves buying power with real money that is either completely unattainable through normal gameplay, or requires a shitload of grinding.