Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    One thing that bugs me about Monk is the lack of weapons in their attacks. No matter what you equip, it's the same unarmed punch and kicks. Cool for Martial Arts theme, but when I'm fighting a big bad I want to be armed with the sweet new drop that I got. I'd be much happier seeing animations that use my weapons. That's a huge part of the fantasy of what character I play, I want to see my character's progress visually.

It's not make-or-break the way patch balance would affect the class, but as an MMO that's focused on customizing your character, these things are important to me. It's different than a caster not using their weapons, since their fantasy is about casting spells, whereas a Monk is still a melee character and should be using their weapons to fight, like Chen using his staff in the opening cinematic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who mains a WW monk, I don't think Blizzard can do anything to both make the monk more appealing while also not alienating people that already enjoy the play-style.
    Everyone on the internet is a dishonest actor.

I think for me it just started from the beginning. When they announced Monk I was expecting more of the SM style that we had seen, more of a Holy Monk as opposed to the Chinese fighting monk theme. For whatever reason that turned me off, and even though I keep one leveled I have never enjoyed the class at all. So for me, probably not much they can do, it's a theme issue.

Quote Originally Posted by PraisCthulhu View Post
    1. Make monk sets that don't look heavily east Asian inspired. I'm not opposed to *some* monk sets having that aesthetic, but too many of them do.
    I always get the impression that when Blizzard is designing a monk set they just add spheres to the helm and shoulders and call it done.

If their weapons didn't keep disappearing in combat.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

I think the Monk class is the least played in FFXIV as well. Maybe people just have an aversion to fisting and want to wield weapons instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    If their weapons didn't keep disappearing in combat.
    If they just disappeared i would have played one past 20 odd. Pure hand to hand melee would have been much better imho.

Would love for WWs to be able to use a staff as a weapon. Thats my only real gripe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    I think the Monk class is the least played in FFXIV as well. Maybe people just have an aversion to fisting and want to wield weapons instead.
    I must be weird then, because I always main the martial artist/monk in any game I can.

Be it WoW, FFXIV, D3, D&D you name it.

Being a master of your own body is way more interesting to me than swinging a weapon, especially as Chi based attacks look phenomenal.

Just look at the Stormblood cinematic and tell me martial arts isn't ******* cool.

I believe the aesthetic of monks isn't as popular as some other classes but that's just my personal observation.

If they bring back fistweaving, I will be happy again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    If they just disappeared i would have played one past 20 odd. Pure hand to hand melee would have been much better imho.
    There is a pair of invisible fist weapons that you can transmog to achieve this effect. I use it on my monk and it is glorious, just fighting with hands and feet.

I'd like to see an attack that allows them to use their weapons. Maybe like an attack that costs 3 chi on a 20 sec cd that does nice damage.

They have already appealed to me and enjoyed playing a monk for the time I played D3. If they attacked with and had some cool looking staffs like D3's Diabo, it would raise my appeal towards them by x 13.

The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I simply feel held by the balls when it comes to playing a leather DPS spec. Sure, I COULD roll a WW Monk or I could just make a Rogue and jump on whatever spec is favorable in that tier while actually enjoying the themes.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Monks are really fun to play as DPS and Healer (I don't like them as tanks). But my pet theory is that the reason why monks are so unpopular has nothing to do with how they play, and everything to do with people not rolling them when they were new because they had to start from level 1 (unlike DKs and DHs).
    Yak. Yak never changes.

Windwalker just doesnt feel good. Huge clipping issues on all horde races due to fist weapons and they constantly sheath and unsheath the weapons mid combat which makes no sense at all and looks horrible.
    Also things like kitty needing target and many little things.

if they reverted the gameplay back to 5.4 ww
    This isn't the same company. They are not in touch with the playerbase, they are hellbent on profit, and yea companies deserve profit, but not at the cost of the health of the game, and they became their own worst enemy. WoW was special not because of vanilla, bc, or wrath. No nostalgia here. It was special because of Blizzards involvement with the community, which is all but lost now. They changed everything into the least possible communication with the community.

Quote Originally Posted by Ac3v3n7uRa View Post
    I always get the impression that when Blizzard is designing a monk set they just add spheres to the helm and shoulders and call it done.
    And I mean, that's whatever. When I was playing a Pandaren monk, I liked all the spheres and east Asian themes. When I'm playing a Troll or Void Elf monk though, I want sets that are more fitting.

Honestly, I think a large part of this is locking appearances behind armor type, which I do not like. You know what I want my troll monk to wear? The T21 Shaman set because it looks super troll inspired. Unfortunately, there aren't that many "troll" leather sets. And almost none for cloth, which sucks for mages, priests, and warlocks. So many of the armor sets anymore do not visually reflect the armor type they are supposed to be, that I don't see the point of keeping the transmog locked. Pretty much everything anymore looks like it is either made of plate or clotch. Very little looks like it is actually chain or leather.

Deleted
    They are already pretty damn appealing to me. If we could have Zandalari Monks, i'm rerolling.

DISCLAIMER: I've never tried the class.

a) If they were limited to the Pandaren and/or Pandaria related races, e.g. the Hozen and Jinyu.
    b) Outside of that, if the class was switched to be more representative of their individual races, e.g. having human monks following the Pandaren ways is asinine.
    c) The class doesn't fit certain races, e.g. the elves, orcs, tauren, Draenei, etc., and Blizzard should stop watering down the game's identity.

P.S. A fourth spec. would be nice, i.e. a ranged, DPS specialization.
    Last edited by In Ogres We Trust; 2018-03-03 at 03:50 PM.