View Poll Results: Bell Curve for M+ Scores?

Voters
170. This poll is closed
  • I don't know because I never check.

18 10.59%
  • <500

5 2.94%
  • 500-1000

6 3.53%
  • 1000-1200

5 2.94%
  • 1200-1400

5 2.94%
  • 1400-1600

4 2.35%
  • 1600-1800

5 2.94%
  • 1800-2000

9 5.29%
  • 2000-2200

11 6.47%
  • 2200-2400

7 4.12%
  • 2400-2600

14 8.24%
  • 2600-2800

5 2.94%
  • 2800-3000

9 5.29%
  • 3000-3500

21 12.35%
  • 3500-4000

11 6.47%
  • 4000+

11 6.47%
  • 5000+

6 3.53%
  • I don't like M+ scoring and I'm triggered even seeing this poll.

18 10.59%
Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Bell Curve for M+ Scores?

Won't be scientific, as it's self-reported and we all know some in forums like to screw with these things. No mechanism to ensure that anyone is being truthful. I was just curious where most of us are these days. Mine is very average, but it's higher than when I first started paying attention back in January. The poll is completely anonymous, and I am in no position to judge anyone's score even if I was that kind of person. Just thought it might be interesting to see how the curve forms. Poll incoming.

Edit: Emperor raises a great question in first comment. Let's use RAIDER.IO scores for consistency.

Edit 2: I made some increments 200 and some 500 because I thought I knew where most would be (I thought 3000+ would be outliers). Taking the responses so far and making the increments all 500 each, the chart would look like...

Last edited by Felfaadaern Darkterror; 2018-03-08 at 11:05 AM.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    Raider.IO score or wowprogress score? Raider.IO values finishing the dungeon on time much higher than simply finishing a dungeon, and tends to give people a higher score overall than wowprogress.

Wowprogress: 2719
    Raider.IO: 3494

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    Raider.IO score or wowprogress score? Raider.IO values finishing the dungeon on time much higher than simply finishing a dungeon, and tends to give people a higher score overall than wowprogress.

That is one of the reasons why no one uses wowprog at all anymore
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firatha View Post
    That is one of the reasons why no one uses wowprog at all anymore
    That and the ease of use of the r.io addon instead of having to go search characters, you just get a number shown in-game

Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post

Good question. Let's use Raider.IO for consistency (OP edited).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by That guy maybe View Post
    That and the ease of use of the r.io addon instead of having to go search characters, you just get a number shown in-game
    Also wowp seems to stopped updating or at least tends to not show stuff raider.io does.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsharna View Post
    Also wowp seems to stopped updating or at least tends to not show stuff raider.io does.
    Seems to me WoWProgress is just slower to update. Raider.IO shows my latest run within an hour or so; WoWProgress seems to take several hours.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    Seems to me WoWProgress is just slower to update. Raider.IO shows my latest run within an hour or so; WoWProgress seems to take several hours.
    Some of my runs stopped showing on wowp even though they are on the leaderboards. I stopped using/looking at wowp.
    Have you looked at Mythic Plus Friends discord? They should have a bigger population across all scores there than mmoc and they use score to help people find groups.

Some of my runs stopped showing on wowp even though they are on the leaderboards. I stopped using/looking at wowp.
    Have you looked at Mythic Plus Friends discord? They should have a bigger population across all scores there than mmoc and they use score to help people find groups.
    No, though maybe I should for my Tauren bear. Most of my toons - and WoW friends - are Alliance, so I end up pugging on my bear.

Deleted
    I pretty much only do my 15 each week on 2 chars. We rarely do a 14 if some despise what comes afterwards but occasionally a 16 or so if the key feels good.

Raider.IO - Frostdk: 1355 Arms: 1043 (1128 highest)
    Wowprog - Frostdk: 909 Arms: 1008 (1172 highest)

I did M+ with my pala before I started raiding again (with my warri), which was roughly 4-5 weeks after Tomb opened.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskaron View Post
    I pretty much only do my 15 each week on 2 chars. We rarely do a 14 if some despise what comes afterwards but occasionally a 16 or so if the key feels good.

Raider.IO - Frostdk: 1355 Arms: 1043 (1128 highest)
    Wowprog - Frostdk: 909 Arms: 1008 (1172 highest)

I did M+ with my pala before I started raiding again (with my warri), which was roughly 4-5 weeks after Tomb opened.
    You sound a lot like me back in January, before we decided to pay more attention to upping our scores. No particular reason other than late in the expansion and we were looking for something to do.

You sound a lot like me back in January, before we decided to pay more attention to upping our scores. No particular reason other than late in the expansion and we were looking for something to do.
    Yeh when 7.3.5 came out I rushed to get my score up as fast as possible. In a couple weeks I got up to 2780. Then I got kind of bored since the premade group finder would never have groups for +19s or 20s or I wouldn't feel like doing them as a healer since there is so much pressure for a simple misclick or not paying attention for a millisecond or tank was from Brazil and couldn't understand English no matter how many times I told them "MANA". Players from Ragnaros really burned me out on the premade group finder. Trump needs to build an internet wall to keep the Brazil players out of America's servers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    the premade group finder would never have groups for +19s or 20s
    Use discord though. LFG is bad and it's limitations hurt.

I don't try particularly hard for M+ score on any character, I just do a weekly +15 or higher and maybe if I get a key somebody wants I do that, but this is what I have currently for 7.3.2:
    Warrior(Fury): 1623
    Druid(Resto/Balance): 2315
    Shaman(Enhancement): 1951
    Warlock(Affliction): 1428
    Monk(Windwalker): 2352
    Paladin(Ret): 1337
    Hunter(all 3): 1557
    Mage(Arcane): 2401
    DK(Frost): 1431
    Rogue(all 3): 1641
    Priest(Disc/Shadow): 1625
    DH(Havoc): 1707
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    It started like that. I quit at the end of Cata and after coming back I wanted to do something with my old friends but also didn't have the time to raid back then.
    Personally I don't care about my score. I always hated timers in games. The Keys I enjoyed the most weren't any of those we did in time but those where we figured out how do things.
    The first 13/14 we did on EoA, with my Pala we spent at an hour on the endboss. only to figure out the thing is much easier when you move counter-clockwise. I also don't enjoy very high keys because at that point it feels like you are more limited by your group composition than anything else though we also lack practice due to just doing a 15 for the weekly chest. Normally we are a Bear, Restoshammy a Fury, me as Arms/DK and one other guy. Recently we did a run where I was the only melee and I was almost freaking out how wierd that felt to have so much space.

I'm in the between 2.2-2.4K bracket but voted that I hate the scoring system.

I even have 2 dungeons with 0 score, as one is cancer (seat of triumvirate, I just don't like it) and the other one hasn't appeared at all for our guild (DHT) for since the new "m+ season" has started.

But I do like 95% of my keys with my guild, and only do a random +15 when it's Tuesday (playing in Europe with Wednesday reset) and didn't have the time to do any key with the guild throughout the week, which can happen as I have 12 hour shifts.

To me, the best way to handle m+ experience is something in-game, alike the 15 intime AV. But instead, when queueing for m+, the group leader only sees what mythic level you have done. So, for example, you have done a +18 MoS, and want to queue for a +15 HoV, but you only have done HoV on +10 before. The group leader would see, that you have completed a +18 before and therefore, you're likely to get picked. Mind you, the group leader would not see WHICH dungeon you have done on +XX but rather, that you have done ANY dungeon on +XX.

Third party websites/addons would also be only able to track, which Keystone level you have completed, basically disabling their functionality, as you'd already have that in-game.

Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    I'm in the between 2.2-2.4K bracket but voted that I hate the scoring system.

I even have 2 dungeons with 0 score, as one is cancer (seat of triumvirate, I just don't like it) and the other one hasn't appeared at all for our guild (DHT) for since the new "m+ season" has started.

But I do like 95% of my keys with my guild, and only do a random +15 when it's Tuesday (playing in Europe with Wednesday reset) and didn't have the time to do any key with the guild throughout the week, which can happen as I have 12 hour shifts.

To me, the best way to handle m+ experience is something in-game, alike the 15 intime AV. But instead, when queueing for m+, the group leader only sees what mythic level you have done. So, for example, you have done a +18 MoS, and want to queue for a +15 HoV, but you only have done HoV on +10 before. The group leader would see, that you have completed a +18 before and therefore, you're likely to get picked. Mind you, the group leader would not see WHICH dungeon you have done on +XX but rather, that you have done ANY dungeon on +XX.

Third party websites/addons would also be only able to track, which Keystone level you have completed, basically disabling their functionality, as you'd already have that in-game.
    The problem is that having done a Maw+18 in time says nothing about your experience in HoV, which is the point of raider.io. Removing information from the playerbase is a terrible idea as well, if anything more information needs to be available.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post

I agree to some degree. The agreement stops when we start talking about things like HoV tyran. I spent too much time trying HoV with pugs only to hit the Hyrja wall. Then I started cutting the losses earlier - at 3-4th Hymdall wipe. If you have ever done a HoV+5 but think you are ready to smash through HoV+16 tyran you are in for a crap time. I don't want to loose my time with you in there, while you realize dungeons are quite different from eachother the higher you go with your keys. Please mind it's the "general you" - not the "personal you, @ceall" I am writing about here.

Score was above 1k when I was lazier and just 3 chested whatever people in guild were doing and did slightly more variety. I recently decided to put more effort since I'm hoping for Arcway TF gear, so I've been 3 chesting as many Arcway's as possible every week, usually around 10 of them, and my score dropped to around 800. Have run it so much that if there was a 5 chest timer we'd beat that.

I held the unique titles for every MoP challenge mode until the day after they announced I would not be keeping those titles, on a high pop competitive server. I get that some people really love the validity they get from wasting time running a variety of dungeons, but it's obviously not an actual metric of skill, sorry.

I'll pick up mythic raiders with 1k scores all day vs players with no mythic kills that pst me their 2-3k scores.

I agree to some degree. The agreement stops when we start talking about things like HoV tyran. I spent too much time trying HoV with pugs only to hit the Hyrja wall. Then I started cutting the losses earlier - at 3-4th Hymdall wipe. If you have ever done a HoV+5 but think you are ready to smash through HoV+16 tyran you are in for a crap time. I don't want to loose my time with you in there, while you realize dungeons are quite different from eachother the higher you go with your keys. Please mind it's the "general you" - not the "personal you, @ceall" I am writing about here.
    Well, maybe it can be tweaked to show which Keystone level you have done on tyrannical and which level you have done on fortified for the respective weeks. So in tyrannical it shows +XY, while in fortified it shows +YZ. To show people's experience for the +10 affixes.