Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    MoP is two/three expansions ago which makes it prime material for people to go reminiscent over.

Ignore huge problems with the storytelling (Garrosh).

At least one person mentioned how great the trinkets were. Right. Forget all about how they contributed to the snapshotting madness.

I really enjoyed MoP, it wasn't my favourite, but it had a definite flare and very different feel than other expansions. It wasn't the same old sort of thing. Undead, demons and old Gods. Not that I don't enjoy all three, but it added some different flare. Admittedly I was super annoyed when they announced our next focus would be Kung-Fu Pandas. But after giving it a chance, I really ended up enjoying almost everything MoP offered. The zones, the different feeling of interacting with the Pandas and their farms and monasteries. I enjoyed taking down Garrosh and being able to lay siege to the capital of my own faction. It was a fun twist. Throne of Thunder was enjoyable as well, including the Isle of Thunder and it's dailies.

I personally didn't like Cata much at all. The raids were fine, but it didn't offer much else aside from updated zone content. Yes, that was a great boon to tired old zones, but as even the devs said, they spent far too much time on that and the end game content suffered greatly because of it for the first part of the expansion. They eventually added some things of course. The things leading to The Firelands were fun and it gave something to work towards. The new zones each were great in their own way as well. I really loved Uldum's Egyptian feel as well as finally going to Mount Hyjal. But overall it was a let down for me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    You stated :

Which is a laughable statement that holds no logic. You can't quit a game that isn't out.
    Again because you really seem to have trouble with what logic really means. I finished MoP. The story was completed. Done. I left while waiting for the next story. I’ve explained this to you many times, which honestly really makes me wonder why you are having so much trouble understanding.

Let me try to make this a little easier for you. Let’s say I’m watching Game of Thrones. I really like the show. I watch every episode and even watch a couple of them several times. I find out, the next season isn’t coming out until 2019. Now, I could keep watching the last season over and over again, or, I could watch some other shows for the next year and then enjoy the next season when it airs again. Its not saying that show is terrible just because I’m not spending the next year watching it over and over again.

Do you understand now? Me “quitting Game of Thrones” for a year is exactly the same as my “quitting WoW for a few months while waiting for an expansion. At the point that I quit, I had cleared all the raids, gotten all the heirlooms, gotten all the rare mounts I wanted, cleared Brawlers guild, pet battled a ton, and had a good time. So for the final time, me leaving does not mean that I thought the expansion was bad. I enjoyed it.

I don’t know why you felt the need to quote me saying I enjoyed the game to go on some mission to prove I didn’t. Ether state that you hate it and move on, or don’t. Stop being offended that other people might like something that you don’t.

10+ Year Old Account
    because they just dislike pandaren being introduced.

the zones were beautiful and original.
    quests were less boring than other expansions.
    we got a new class and race.
    it had the best zone in the game so far (i'm talking about Timeless Isle)

the only thing i disliked was the Garrosh story.

MoP was genuinely good and much better than the 2 expansions that followed it. And I say this as someone who's not crazy about Pandarens and can't roll one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallor View Post
    Couldn't disagree more. The zones were good to look at, but man were the quests dull. For me easily the worst expansion in terms of leveleling experience.
    I can't believe people have differing opinions on what makes an expansion good.

10+ Year Old Account
    MoP wasn't that good. Idk how someone could get the idea that MoP is better than legion. Legion offers far more and useful content than any other expansion.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    MoP wasn't that good. Idk how someone could get the idea that MoP is better than legion. Legion offers far more and useful content than any other expansion.
    Because they had more fun playing MoP?

There you go.

I preferred the raids MoP had to offer especially Throne of Thunder/Siege of Orgrimmar, I enjoyed working on my cape throughout the expansion rather than having to rely on RNG to get a legendary, the zones were better imo, Timeless Isle was fun for the first couple of times and great for alts, the PvP was somewhat decent and some of the gear is arguably the best looking they've ever introduced for certain classes imo.

Plus Cloud Serpents. Always wanted a mount like that.

because MoP was a great expansion.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Deleted
    Because it was solid, & the lore was almost all new, & it had a little something for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    MoP is far superior to any expansion after it so far, the only people NOT praising pandaland is the salty kungfu panda commenters.

Class design was godly
    Wpvp was very much alive, and even balanced compared to the shitshows of WoD and Legion
    Pvp was alive in general
    The pve was great, varied, we have scenarios raids dungeons and dailies that switched up constantly, were not tedious at all honestly.

I could go on but yeah.. the lore was actually pretty expansive too. This was the last xpac before Blizz B team, otherwise known as the D3 team, took over and started pruning all of our abilities and implementing their fucktarded dumbass ideas.
    You must be daft. Arena in MoP was retarded, it started with arms warriors 1 shotting people for the entire first season, followed by every team requiring a ret pally because of off healing being overpowered from them, then the last season having no healer comps dominating the ladder and the only viable healer being disc priest because they still put out crazy damage for a healer. As for world PvP being "alive" the only part of world PvP that was alive was players camping the flight spots on Timeless Isle, so if you want to call that "alive" sure it was "alive".
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

I quitted the game in the Ulduar patch because i entered college. I came back with WOD.

I love Pandaria, it's a beautiful expansión, with a good variety of colors, themes, raids and tons and tons of lore.

To me it's:

Legión > Burning Crusade > Pandaria > Wrath > Vanilla >Warlords of no content > Vanilla > Cata

I don't like pandas because furrys, but cata bringed the Worgen, kek
    Zul'Jin died for our sins.
    --
    My Loa are smiling at me infidel. can you say the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Bladedance View Post
    I ended Cata with 8 IRL friends playing wow. MOP took that number down to 1. Sure you can argue that MOP had some cool content but soo many people seem to forget that right before Cata was pretty legit until the dragon soul patch. Have you guys forgotten how good BWD,FL and to a lesser extent, BoT was? Every time people diss Cata as the 'casual expansion' they conveniently forget to mention that it had some of the hardest dungeons and pretty challenging raids prior to the nerfs and DS patch. Then those same people praise MOP as the be all end all of expansions. Sure, compared to Dragon Soul Cata and the shitshow that was WOD it was good, but if I remember correctly, people where not happy at the time, everyone was far more salty about the kung fu panda expansion than they are now. Just, for a second, imagine that MOP didn't exist (yet), and after imprisoning Sargeras and defeating a Titan you would get friggin Pandas, idk about you but I would not be too happy.
    Blizzard lost me with MoP. I actually liked Cataclysm at first, they were on to something and then they destroyed it. On top of that we still actually had our talent trees, albeit somewhat trimmed. MoP seems to be the holy grail of the 'new crowd'. Its sort of seen in the same light as old timers see TBC or WOTLK. I can see why, I suppose, in that the game has gone so far down hill that in retrospect MoP might seem amazing compared to what we have now. Its really sad that the game is on a consistent downward drop.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    MoP has pretty much always been considered a good expansion despite the whining about pandas pre-release and the whining about daily quests for the first month or so. It had content. It had good content.

Firelands was a total shit filler tier. Everything other than Heroic rag was a complete joke. Bare minimum effort tier, it was a flaming plateu of reused assets that you could see in it's entirety from the zone-in. Just mobs strewn about everywhere and a few bosses. Very poor design. Raids since have been designed much better, even the filler raids like EN. Dragon Soul was pretty bad, but everything since then has been amazing for real raiders as the introduction of LFR justified increased resources into raids. The one redeeming feature of WoD was that it had good raids. MoP was a delightful expansion in the middle of a shit sandwich (Cata, WoD)

Legion is pretty great too. Just have to hope they don't fuck up BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Demithio View Post
    Blizzard lost me with MoP. I actually liked Cataclysm at first, they were on to something and then they destroyed it. On top of that we still actually had our talent trees, albeit somewhat trimmed. MoP seems to be the holy grail of the 'new crowd'. Its sort of seen in the same light as old timers see TBC or WOTLK. I can see why, I suppose, in that the game has gone so far down hill that in retrospect MoP might seem amazing compared to what we have now. Its really sad that the game is on a consistent downward drop.
    You're probably just burnt out. The game has gone waaaay up in quality. WoD was a shitshow, but MoP and Legion have been fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post

You're probably just burnt out. The game has gone waaaay up in quality. WoD was a shitshow, but MoP and Legion have been fantastic.
    Depends on how you define 'quality'. From a purely technical aspect, yes, the game has gotten better. Better graphically, runs smoother, less buggy, better memory management, lots of increases in the programming / technical realm of the game. I like WoW's quality from a technical aspect. From an actual content design / vision game play aspect, that obviously is highly debatable.

Quote Originally Posted by Demithio View Post
    I've been around since Vanilla and save for the stacked dailies at the beginning and the new talent tree introduction it was a good expansion. There was plenty to do, the raids weren't bad and while not my favorite the zone content wasn't horrible.

I'll take it over Cata and WoD any day of the week. Frankly I put it on par with Legion, they feel roughly the same as far as playing it goes, it's just dailies turned into WQ's. I still like Wrath and TBC better than both, but MoP wasn't on the horrible level that some people just think it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkizon View Post
    Snip
    So to bulldoze that wall of text you quit the game almost 4 years ago because of the new player models but are still hooked enough that you come here and write novels about a game you no longer play. Please, get help.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Because we don't appreciate good content until it is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladedance View Post
    I ended Cata with 8 IRL friends playing wow. MOP took that number down to 1. Sure you can argue that MOP had some cool content but soo many people seem to forget that right before Cata was pretty legit until the dragon soul patch. Have you guys forgotten how good BWD,FL and to a lesser extent, BoT was? Every time people diss Cata as the 'casual expansion' they conveniently forget to mention that it had some of the hardest dungeons and pretty challenging raids prior to the nerfs and DS patch. Then those same people praise MOP as the be all end all of expansions. Sure, compared to Dragon Soul Cata and the shitshow that was WOD it was good, but if I remember correctly, people where not happy at the time, everyone was far more salty about the kung fu panda expansion than they are now. Just, for a second, imagine that MOP didn't exist (yet), and after imprisoning Sargeras and defeating a Titan you would get friggin Pandas, idk about you but I would not be too happy.
    How do you know it's "the same people"?

Players always whine about the current xpac, because they're dumbasses, and a few years later, suddenly nostalgia kicks in because they need something to offset their whine about the current xpac. Bottom line though, MoP was a great expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefisto View Post
    I really liked MoP there was always stuff to do. I also like how feral played back then.
    You mean pretty much the same as now? MoP was the xpac that added predatory swiftness and the bloodtalons talent in its original form, which with few exceptions has been the top performing talent ever since, completely defining and altering the rotation and style. Really the only thing that has changed with ferals was the rake/pounce and ravage/shred bake-togethers.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.