Poll: Which race is the most savage/brutal/uncivilized?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Horde Most Savage/Brutal Horde Race

What the title says, what Horde race is the most savage/brutal in your opinion?

Personally I think it's a tie between Darkspear trolls and the Forsaken. The former being culturally savage/extremely brutal and the latter being more situationally savage/brutal. I'm more referring to the culture of the New Horde, so anything from the Pre-Thrall Horde doesn't really count.

Culturally speaking the orcs of the modern Horde are pretty liberal and mostly strictly persecute unfavorable traditions from Draenor. Durotar is also a lot more pluralist, enough so that there aren't a number of orcs leaving in droves because of the culture. Trolls on the other hand maintain such a brutal and barbaric culture that many trolls can't take it and end up living in Orgrimmar or Thunder Bluff. They also formerly practiced cannibalism and non-battle related sacrifices, both of which were frowned upon by Thrall and the orcs.
    Last edited by Techno-Druid; 2018-03-07 at 04:03 AM.

The orcs wiped hunted down and exterminated nearly all life on an entire planet and built an enormous rode out of bones.

7+ Year Old Account
    Orcs. No amount of Thrall can stop them from going full warmongering after someone tells them to
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    The orcs wiped out life on an entire planet and built an enormous rode out of bones.
    To be fair, that was the old demon-corrupted Horde, most orcs living now are either younger and more liberal (not drowning kids at birth, blacklisting Shattered Hand mutilation, etc) or just too old and traumatized to act as evil as they once were.
    Last edited by Techno-Druid; 2018-03-07 at 02:59 AM.

Its hard to beat the Orcs in all of these aspects.

The only clan that isn't any of these are the Frostwolfs,but the rest?Monsters.

Makes you wonder how the Orcs haven't killed one another prior to the Legion's influence.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    orcs - warrior race through and through
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Zug'Zug wins hands down

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Orcs, no one comes close.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Orcs take this one.

could talk about the forsaken strategies with the plague but they have yet to use the bones of another race to make a mile long road.

I am sure we can argue that they were "fooled" into it, by the legion, but thats a whole different topic.

edit: whos the goof voting tauren?!?!?!?
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

I wish they'd make the horde evil. I want trolls to be cannibalistic and quibble with the undead over who gets the corpses of their enemies and orcs to go full Gork & Mork. Boring to have a monstruous Alliance in my opinion

Anyway in terms of history it's the orcs, in terms of what the do currently you could make a good case for undead taking the lead but I feel they're less savage and more amoral and creepy.

The orcs paved a highway with the bones of their enemies, who can top that? My vote goes to the pandaren though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.

Gnome-Tauren half-breeds. They're monstrosities.

Quote Originally Posted by stenbumling89 View Post
    I wish they'd make the horde evil. I want trolls to be cannibalistic and quibble with the undead over who gets the corpses of their enemies and orcs to go full Gork & Mork. Boring to have a monstruous Alliance in my opinion.
    The Horde has never tonally been like the Alliance, even before WoW hired devs who went full nostalgia for the old Horde. They had very distinct cultural themes from the Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by stenbumling89 View Post
    I wish they'd make the horde evil. I want trolls to be cannibalistic and quibble with the undead over who gets the corpses of their enemies and orcs to go full Gork & Mork. Boring to have a monstruous Alliance in my opinion
    Well the orcs were pretty much neutered by their defeat and time in the internment camps with any last hint of the Old Horde stomped out by the defeat of Garrosh. So they're definitely not evil, at least from a cultural and moral standpoint.

Trolls are rugged and extremely violent, but they're also not evil, it's more of a savage, xenophobic culture and many, including Vol'jin sought to liberalize the Darkspear with orcish and tauren influence. It would be nice to see a more untamed Darkspear tribe though. Iirc, most non-trolls are hesitant to travel to the Echo Isles or Sen'jin Village. I want to see a Darkspear that makes even a Warsong shit his pants at the thought of wandering into Sen'jin Village.

Undead aren't really evil either, but like you said are pretty much amoral.

By savage do you mean ferocious/ruthless or primitive/ tribal? Or both?

Orcs >= Zandalari > Darkspear Trolls > Goblins > Forsaken > Nightborne >= Blood Elf > Tauren = HM > Pandaren
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by ello View Post
    By savage do you mean ferocious/ruthless or primitive/ tribal? Or both?
    Savage/brutal from a cultural/ideological perspective, not based off history.

If it was based off of history then orcs would undoubtedly be orcs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    How can you say anything other than orcs? They are on a whole 'nother level than the rest with their history and culture.
    *laughs in Zandali*

10+ Year Old Account
    Ideologically, Forsaken are pretty brutal because they are pragmatic through and through, they have no issues with getting thier hands dirty to live another day.

In Savagery, Orcs definitely, it's basicly part of thier identity.

Deleted
    Orcs, no comparison.

Especially after WoD. Those Lord of War series make them look like the most brutal Black/ Death Metalbangers! RAWR! Even Gul'dan is savage, even though he's one of the 'intelligent' ones!

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    Orcs take this one.

could talk about the forsaken strategies with the plague but they have yet to use the bones of another race to make a mile long road.

I am sure we can argue that they were "fooled" into it, by the legion, but thats a whole different topic.

edit: whos the goof voting tauren?!?!?!?
    It was I, I regret nothing.