Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Mythic Imonar help

We have killed Mythic Imonar just twice now. We however seem to have issues repeating this kill. We struggle specially on the 2nd and 4th bridge.

Logs at--
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/vHYyNRLgD2xWMd98

For the 2nd bridge, we Darkness at the start and have druid tank run halfway through popping the traps. He gets a BoP to clear the debuffs. Raid moves up to the half way point using lock portal. We pop SLT and have the DK tank go the rest of the way with Wraithwalk.

Problems here is that we lose 2-3 people sometimes in the 2nd bridge or the boss has like 20 stacks by the time we make it across causing tank death.

We lust on the 3rd platform.

4th bridge is same as 2nd bridge for us.

Besides the obvious - people shouldnt make stupid mistakes on traps - is there anything else that stands out in our execution?
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

For 2nd-4th bridges, you can also use a DH with netherwalk/skystep/BoP and clear a whole side. He'll die after that, but you can use the brez totem talent to save a brez. The rest of the raid just wait at the start, pop SLT/Darkness + 3rd cd and rush the boss. There shouldn't be any death outside of the dh with this strat.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

How are you even getting 20 stacks? With skystep potion he should've been done clearing the bridge in 5 secounds flat. Once the phase begins, everyone stacks, and the tank just rushes instantly. Healers should already be ready as healing requirements up until that point is = to 0. Priest bubble, link, and devo aura, is more than enough to take all 6 tripwires with a throughput cooldown. People have absolutely 0 to die from, as well. they shouldn't touch traps at all. the tank did that.
    These day's Im washed, playing VRchat instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanines View Post
    How are you even getting 20 stacks? With skystep potion he should've been done clearing the bridge in 5 secounds flat. Once the phase begins, everyone stacks, and the tank just rushes instantly. Healers should already be ready as healing requirements up until that point is = to 0. Priest bubble, link, and devo aura, is more than enough to take all 6 tripwires with a throughput cooldown. People have absolutely 0 to die from, as well. they shouldn't touch traps at all. the tank did that.
    What about the shrapnel mines; does he not clear that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

If you don't have a DH tank or a rez to spare and you clear it with 20 stacks your tanks can still survive. I've noticed from tanking it personally that the only dangerous part tanking it on Bridge 3 and 5 is right at the beginning if you have stacks that high because obviously not all your healers are in position. If the tank doing the interrupts pops a large defensive and/or uses an external they can easily survive until the healers are in position and as long as the healers aren't balls they'll survive the phase.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Whoever pops traps and stuff needs to do it in one go, thats where you SLT / darkness and all that. Blowing half and running half way to SLT sounds stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post
    What about the shrapnel mines; does he not clear that?
    He soaks everything, if he dies outside of his cooldowns its on the 6 heslers for being bad. Tanks should burn cds on bridge to soak everything on left side
    These day's Im washed, playing VRchat instead.

Quote Originally Posted by A-sayo View Post
    For 2nd-4th bridges, you can also use a DH with netherwalk/skystep/BoP and clear a whole side. He'll die after that, but you can use the brez totem talent to save a brez. The rest of the raid just wait at the start, pop SLT/Darkness + 3rd cd and rush the boss. There shouldn't be any death outside of the dh with this strat.
    Exactly what i do as havoc for our team with skystep.
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/218982998
    This is ten percent luck, twenty percent skill
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will
    Five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Our druid would get bop and immediately take the warlock portal (it will trigger any red lines and bombs while getting him to middle of bridge almost instantly) and then clear the remaining lines/bombs with sprint and some cds, we also used a plan to drop ankh totem at the end of 2nd bridge and the druid would purposefully die after cleared bridge to take the ankh totem to pop back up, and we would save a brez for 4th bridge just in case, but a Guardian spirit or some heavy cds by healers onto the druid when the raid landed after warlock portal would usually carry him through.

https://clips.twitch.tv/CrunchyAnnoyingPigeonTF2John

A rogue's also an option for the bridges too, can do it in one with either Sprint/Skystep and Cloak, then eating the death with an ankh totem.

(Also, yes, I should have popped that root trap but hindsight is 20/20. ;_; )
    Last edited by Fyurie; 2018-03-01 at 04:16 PM.
    Armory
    - Olynn -

Do any of you experience a bug where (for example) our bear tank takes the portal and one of the fire lines doesn't clear? Happens every time almost.

Quote Originally Posted by Melida View Post
    Do any of you experience a bug where (for example) our bear tank takes the portal and one of the fire lines doesn't clear? Happens every time almost.
    Happens, Ive missed one a couple times despite running through it, think its a server thing that doesn't count it if it moves through too fast

Quote Originally Posted by Fyurie View Post
    https://clips.twitch.tv/CrunchyAnnoyingPigeonTF2John

A rogue's also an option for the bridges too, can do it in one with either Sprint/Skystep and Cloak, then eating the death with an ankh totem.

(Also, yes, I should have popped that root trap but hindsight is 20/20. ;_; )
    Do your warlocks drop their portals before the fight or during? We place them closer to the platform because our lock gets hit by a couple stacks.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Do your warlocks drop their portals before the fight or during? We place them closer to the platform because our lock gets hit by a couple stacks.
    Ours place them before the fight.

Question:
    I'm the rogue in our guild who triggers the fire traps/wires (with Cloak and Skystep). Of course I'm dying at the end of the bridge and usualy can't get ressed with the totem. How and where does the Shaman place the totem since they only last 30 seconds?

10+ Year Old Account
    we do it with a druid tank + bop and skystep
    While he is running to the other side our resto uses his spiritlink and everyone with imunities pops them so the group takes less dmg.
    After Spiritlink he follows up the tank and uses his ankh totem, same in bridge 4

Quote Originally Posted by Pikay View Post
    Ours place them before the fight.

Question:
    I'm the rogue in our guild who triggers the fire traps/wires (with Cloak and Skystep). Of course I'm dying at the end of the bridge and usualy can't get ressed with the totem. How and where does the Shaman place the totem since they only last 30 seconds?
    Ours throws it as far down the bridge that he can around 62%. It's still up for 10 sec after the corpse runner is supposed to die.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post
    We have killed Mythic Imonar just twice now. We however seem to have issues repeating this kill. We struggle specially on the 2nd and 4th bridge.

Logs at--
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/vHYyNRLgD2xWMd98

For the 2nd bridge, we Darkness at the start and have druid tank run halfway through popping the traps. He gets a BoP to clear the debuffs. Raid moves up to the half way point using lock portal. We pop SLT and have the DK tank go the rest of the way with Wraithwalk.

Problems here is that we lose 2-3 people sometimes in the 2nd bridge or the boss has like 20 stacks by the time we make it across causing tank death.

We lust on the 3rd platform.

4th bridge is same as 2nd bridge for us.

Besides the obvious - people shouldnt make stupid mistakes on traps - is there anything else that stands out in our execution?
    Just based on your final attempt, your raid stalled on the bridge to clear 1 or 2 more beams. You're bound to lose people in that event. You should be clearing those out while the bop is active if possible. Even a speed potion can be used or a Ret that self-bops, but I recommend aiming for never staggering that damage.

Could probably use a stampeding roar or equivalent on the 2/4 bridge as well. Maximizing speed is important. I did not see one used right before your wipe on P4, but I could be wrong.

Just a couple ideas - Hope it helps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have the other tank run out of your CD stack to pop that and either return or keep running

We have been having a few issues with this boss namely the 2nd bridge, and sadly out DH has been AFK recently. To the poster who posted about the rogue option, thank you very much. Hopefully we should be able to use it to get this guy down!

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    Ours throws it as far down the bridge that he can around 62%. It's still up for 10 sec after the corpse runner is supposed to die.
    So we tried the totem tactics as you said. Unfortunately the totem can’t be thrown very far. The rezz circle ends approximately at the middle (maybe 2/3) of the bridge. I as well as our DH use Skystep and therefore we are able to run all the way to the end of the bridge. Since a few of our people are quite retarded, they can’t manage it to not trigger traps or avoid orbs. So we kinda have to clear the whole bridge and can’t just stop in the middle. If we do so, our tanks trigger the last 1 to x wires and kill more or less the half raid.

We tried the following: Our Shaman runs on to the bridge at around 60%, throws the totem and uses the warlock gate to return to the platform. This tactics seemed to work pretty well and all.

But I this can not be the proper way to do this totem-thingy, right?!