Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I must have missed the point but I don't see why this is so outrage-worthy (or even cringey as many people keep describing this).

Are you guys so attached to your computers that you feel like you have to defend it's honor or some shit? Lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    71 likes

827 dislikes
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skidfromsteamwheedlecarte View Post
    nah its hated
    As an avid Apple user . . .

I absolutely agree with you. It's a stupid marketing ploy that makes no sense.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Thorakh View Post
    Are you going to carry the monitors, keyboard and mouse around? If the tech shrinks that much that you can have the power you need in a portable device then you still have a desktop, just one with a portable computer ;-)
    I think you are confusing the desktop with the peripherals. I have multiple monitors, and full size keyboard and a mouse (plus other USB devices) all plugged into my desktop. It's my most powerful computer. I suspect in the future, I will not need a permanent non-mobile desktop, but will be able to connect all those peripherals through a dock and one cable into a mobile computer, which I can plug in when I want to use my full size peripherals at the comfort of my desk and desk chair, or I can disconnect the single cable connecting it to all those peripherals and put the computer in my pocket when I leave the house, or even if I'm going to another room in the house.

I'm trying to say, one day your "mobile device" will also be your "desktop". It will be the same computer.

I don't think it will be any time soon, because graphics cards are barely keeping up with the new HD and hi-res tech and still require more space alone than you have available in your pocket.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnrage View Post
    I must have missed the point but I don't see why this is so outrage-worthy (or even cringey as many people keep describing this).

Are you guys so attached to your computers that you feel like you have to defend it's honor or some shit? Lol.
    It's not so much outrage so much as disinterest. The commercial is dumb and I feel dumber for watching it. I'm not outraged or upset...just wish I had watched something else. Life goes on. Won't be the last thing I watch that I wish I didn't watch afterwards.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by majesta View Post
    But I am someone who will never buy an Apple product because of the ad. It is beyond annoying. If a company annoys me or insults me, I am done with them. This ad for me on a cringe scale of 1-10 scored about 110.
    Using this to back up my point with Dawnrage. I can get into moods where I can be easily annoyed, while not being outraged. As Majesta says, the commercial/company annoyed me and I felt insulted, which encourages me to do business with whoever their leading competitor is. Some people think that's a good thing for Apple on the sole grounds that I watched the commercial. If it makes me spend money with their competition, I'm not sure how that works for Apple's benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    I think you are confusing the desktop with the peripherals. I have multiple monitors, and full size keyboard and a mouse (plus other USB devices) all plugged into my desktop. It's my most powerful computer. I suspect in the future, I will not need a permanent non-mobile desktop, but will be able to connect all those peripherals through a dock and one cable into a mobile computer, which I can plug in when I want to use my full size peripherals at the comfort of my desk and desk chair, or I can disconnect the single cable connecting it to all those peripherals and put the computer in my pocket when I leave the house, or even if I'm going to another room in the house.

I'm trying to say, one day your "mobile device" will also be your "desktop". It will be the same computer.

I don't think it will be any time soon, because graphics cards are barely keeping up with the new HD and hi-res tech and still require more space alone than you have available in your pocket.
    These things already exist. Microsoft Continuum, Ubuntu Convergence, Razer Project Linda, etc. Phones with 4k HDR screens have also been around for about 2,5 years now, so the technology is already available. Sadly most of these products are failing, because there is very little interest in them.

Deleted
    Eventually I think all you will need is a smart tv and a phone with gaming done over the cloud. No more need for consoles, desktop pc's or laptops just 2 devices for everything. Everything would be subscription based so wouldn't need to buy games or update hardware. For someone who needs to do some wordprocessing or send an email, that could easily be done via a smart tv easily. Just plug in a mouse and keyboard and away you go. The tech for this is pretty much already there, but I think the internet infrastructure in certain countries could be the big thing holding it back.

Sure there will still be a need for pc's for businesses and graphic designers for a while yet but i can imagine eventually all that power will fit into a phone sized device you can just hook up to a monitor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Sounds like a laptop trying to be a desktop
    I mean, i get it when you use it like this at a workplace, when you go to a meeting room and need your laptop for presentation, you can also have just a dock station for your laptop at your workplace, and for this case - any workplace can become your workplace if it has a dock station.
    But laptops suck in general, so if you need to just sit in there and work for 8 hours with large amount of data laptop won't cut it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    This commercial is old. Also, really relevant.

Many young kids don't think of a computer as a tablet or phone. They just use phones and tablets. Such as my nephew and younger cousins.

Lots of adults don't use computers either- at least in the traditional desktop/laptop model. Over 80% of our company's webs traffic comes from mobile. Over 90% of our clicks from emails and social media comes from mobile devices.

My company just did a massive 100,000 email campaign last week surveying wine drinkers in 4 US, 2 UK and 2 Asian markets. Only 3% of all responses did not come from mobile devices.

There is a saying among photographers, my grandfather was a photojournalist, that goes; "The best camera is the one around your neck."

That applies to 'computers' for a lot of modern folks and this commercial nails the current zeitgeist toward computing pretty well.
    Sorry, but if you want a computer for social media and web surfing and consider a desktop - you are doing it wrong.

It's like saying that fish swims better than a monkey. Off course you'll get more traffic and social media activity from mobile devices (who the fuck sits in front of their desktop on r/funny scrolling through gifs? No one, you do that sitting in a toilet with a mobile device), especially in a company, where in some cases sitting on facebook for 4 hours from your desktop would get you in trouble, but sitting in facebook for 4 hours on your mobile device won't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The funny thing is the ad worked as it has everyone in this thread about it..

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    If an ad just inspires me to mock it, I don't think the ad achieved what it was hoping to achieve. I'm not going out to buy anything Apple because of a commercial that I find irritating.
    Thats the thing. You mock it and you promotecit by mocking. Because of your mocking, maybe 30 new people see the video
    On or two of them might like it and get interest in it. So i think their plan is successful.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    My oldest uses touchscreens and tablets at school. There aren’t even any desktops there now. I really don’t think desktops will continue for much longer. It’s just the way the tech is going.
    Except it doesn't, real world applications simply don't use touch as any worthwhile input other than turning a machine on or off. I'm sure it will come, but not for another 10-20 years...I can see laptops replace desktops rather quickly if they innovate a little more...but tablets don't even come close.

Tbh what children learn at school doesn't a single thing if the grownup world has no application of need of it. There's so much stuff I learned and used as a kid at school but simply was not used when you started working. At least as far as hardware goes...software is easily ported and changed for multi platform so I can see that being adopted in any work environment if it's efficient.

15+ Year Old Account
    I really don't think it was that cringy ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    As an avid Apple user . . .

I absolutely agree with you. It's a stupid marketing ploy that makes no sense.
    Maybe so but it has got people talking about it, so the advertising agency succeeded there..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caeli View Post
    These things already exist. Microsoft Continuum, Ubuntu Convergence, Razer Project Linda, etc. Phones with 4k HDR screens have also been around for about 2,5 years now, so the technology is already available. Sadly most of these products are failing, because there is very little interest in them.
    Tbh I feel like hitting people with a brick when they suggest 4k phones are a plus. There is hardly any application on PC that makes 4k worth it or manageable leave alone a phone.

The amount of people who buy 4k tv's when the networks don't even stream full HD tv leave alone 4k is just too crazy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I really don't think it was that cringy ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Not any more than other commercials, I rarely watch tv and got all adds blocked on my desktop so other than the occasional 5-10 second add on my phone I never see adds.

I'm personally mostly immune to advertisements (not completely, nobody is) but it doesn't surprise me ads haven't changed much in approach the last 15 years as people still seem to be influenced enough by it.

Not nearly as cringe as the "Hi. Im a Mac. Im a PC" commercials from a years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    I'm gonna be honest, I don't get how this has 8 pages. Are we just bitching about apple here or something?
    Yes, but it's their thing that's at war with our thing!
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    I see... She didn't called it iWathever so that little apple sheep shit didn't know what the fuck is she talking about...

When you're talking about apple products, one must never forget about the "i"

5+ Year Old Account
    Its funny, i saw this ad late at night on aussie tv one day, and it is funny how everyone has had a similar reaction to it... so pretentious, leave it to apple to find a way to try make themselves look so revolutionary in any aspect they can.

Computers are just much easier and practical to use. A tablet is there for convenience or variety- it is fun to use them to deviate from carrying stacks of pen and paper sometimes, but only semi-good for note taking or light activities, but nothing else. Not quite as lightweight as a phone for calling or texting, not quite as versatile as a computer. Somewhere in the middle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    And people are talking about it. So the ad is an absolute success!
    have you seen the downvote/upvote ratio on that video?
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    Just further reminds me that Apple has no interest in gamers. They are only interested in getting a many casuals involved with their over priced tech that breaks 2x faster than their competition because that's what makes the most money.
    This advertisement effectively encourages me to never buy an apple tech product again. They can say phones and shit are the future but until they make a 24 inch monitor for my phone I'll be playing wow on my desktop
    How cute

https://www.cnet.com/news/how-long-a...espan-analyst/
    Last edited by Msi; 2018-03-08 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    The gender makes absolutely no difference in the advertisement. It’s only purpose is to show a young child using their product in their day-to-day life. Your comment is pure ignorance, in an attempt to be funny.
    You don't even know me, I wasn't being funny at all. How can you continuously call me ignorant when you won't acknowledge how media crafts ads? Everything placed in an ad is with intention. They did not cast someone and not care about how they looked, what gender, etc. Everything is done with purpose in an ad and highly scrutinized by their management.