Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    How would you feel about a girl standing on your dick with high heels?
    Not that many issues

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    It still baffles me that anyone would want a hot mic, connected to the internet, and owned by a mega-corporation, listening to everything they say and do in their homes. And that they not only do it voluntarily, they pay for it.
    Just like a phone?

...This is why you don't give machines too much Power.

Deleted
    That is creepy as hell!

This isn't creepy.

10+ Year Old Account
    reminds me of the time my kids Furby started talking really evil and its eyes turned to flames.. it was so weird. had to google how to fix it , had to rub it belly a lot to make it friendly again

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Then why aren't smartphones laughing at people?
    Do their manufactures have a half billion dollar deal with the CIA?

I keep my phone wrapped in a sock so they can't hear me!

10+ Year Old Account
    Jokes on Amazon, I don't have an Alexa device... then agaaain I do have a smart phone so same shit with the potential for listening in on my boring life, just with less laughing.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    Time to begin the war against the robots lads
    Ready the generals alex jones and ted nugent

Listening to someone through their cell is incredibly simple. Hell, most any speaker connected to the internet in some fashion can be used as a microphone. *adjusts tin foil*
    Get a space blanket it's much better than tin foil. That NASA stuff protected them astronauts from the van Allen belt it can stop the CIA.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have Alexa maybe I should get one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Haven’t experienced this with mine, but she does sometimes reply when I didn’t ask her anything. I probably would think it was a text. My tone is Midna’s creepy laugh.
    I'd program it to go WHOOOOOOOOOO! When people walked in on it naked
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post
    How would that work? At that point the phone didn't even make a valid handshake to either provider's cell towers.

I'll never buy into the planned obsolescence that is built-in batteries, but for other reasons. The things you say would require some quite sophisticated malware to be present. And it would have to have system privileges that would only be given to parts that directly belong to the OS, or the phone had to be rooted (which is something no app can do without user interaction, afaik).

So it begins.....

*cough*Skynet*cough*

Idk, I heard the CIA has guys who used to stare at goats for the Army. They’re pretty terifying. (V)(;::; )(V)
    Well I know a guy.....Oswald was shooting blanks. A CIA guy dressed as a babushka stared JFK to death. I'm wearing two space blankets tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    I'm not an upper middle class white person so I don't use voice activated shopping devices.
    Upper middle class orange dragons use them too. =-)

OT: If a robot laughed at me it would go out in the recycling next month. Let them record the junkyard.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    It begins...

Yeah, i heard that too.

And i don't even have that device.

[cue x files theme]

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fat Mac View Post
    reminds me of the time my kids Furby started talking really evil and its eyes turned to flames.. it was so weird. had to google how to fix it , had to rub it belly a lot to make it friendly again
    The original Furby used to freak me the fuck out. It's eyes..... staring at me... looking to my soul..... knowing my deepest desires and fears..... watching me sleep, biding it's time......

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    It still baffles me that anyone would want a hot mic, connected to the internet, and owned by a mega-corporation, listening to everything they say and do in their homes. And that they not only do it voluntarily, they pay for it.

Especially in this day and age when we know about things like the NSA's PRISM program.
    If the NSA wants to listen in on me they can feel free. I got nothing to hide lol.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    What's the incubation period of Skynet?