Allied Races & Class Restrictions

Clearly, the big "new shiny" of the new expansion is the Allied Races Feature, and I've been as excited as anyone for the new options.

However, as a Death Knight, I can't help but notice that none of the 6 officially announced races have had DK listed as an option (yet).

The only other class that isn't available to any of the allied races is Demon Hunter. I'm hopeful that Zandalari trolls will have DK as an option, but I'm starting to worry.

Quote Originally Posted by d0cHolland View Post
    Clearly, the big "new shiny" of the new expansion is the Allied Races Feature, and I've been as excited as anyone for the new options.

However, as a Death Knight, I can't help but notice that none of the 6 officially announced races have had DK listed as an option (yet).

The only other class that isn't available to any of the allied races is Demon Hunter. I'm hopeful that Zandalari trolls will have DK as an option, but I'm starting to worry.
    I remember someone from Blizzard saying that most Allied race won't have the DK option unless it makes absolute perfect sense. One of the reason is that lorewise, all playable DK are created in a specific point in time where most of the Allied race aren't even yet in the picture.

As for Zandalari DK, this is very unlikely. They've had little to no dealings with the world outside of Zandalar until then end of MoP and there's no logical reason that could explain why Zandalari and at that point, the Wowtlk days leading up to the creation of playbale DK were already long gone.

So many times i see people without knowledge make false statement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildspirit View Post
    As for Zandalari DK, this is very unlikely. They've had little to no dealings with the world outside of Zandalar until then end of MoP and there's no logical reason that could explain why Zandalari and at that point, the Wowtlk days leading up to the creation of playbale DK were already long gone.
    Zandalari were there almost every time you encounter troll lore. They helped us in vanila during ZG, they came to Northland to recod fall of the Drakari empire. In cata and MoP they acted like enemies (followers of Zul).
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Zandalari_..._the_Lich_King
    read this pls before saying that Zandalari have no chance being DK. Only problem with "logical" reason is "why zandalari DK join horde during LK". But since every new zandalari we create are already part of the horde - we know that this DK can actually back to zandalar/stay in northrend and only after BfA joing horde.

it's blizzard fail that they created such race with such STRONG lore. And blizzard aware of it. But trust me - only outrage if blizzard allow zandalari have many classes will be from Aliance, cause "horde love", but TOTALY NO LORE LIMITATIONS.
    Last edited by Zorish; 2018-03-08 at 02:27 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    i for one see no problem with any of the races not being paladin, make sense in the context, it snot like DKs already have a lot o options to choose.

if they add vrykuls and ogres they coud and should be DKs

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It'd be fun, but lorewise, most allied races don't make sense as a DK.

Even worgen were a stretch...

Quote Originally Posted by Zorish View Post
    So many times i see people without knowledge make false statement.

Zandalari were there almost every time you encounter troll lore. They helped us in vanila during ZG, they came to Northland to recod fall of the Drakari empire. In cata and MoP they acted like enemies (followers of Zul).
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Zandalari_..._the_Lich_King
    read this pls before saying that Zandalari have no chance being DK. Only problem with "logical" reason is "why zandalari DK join horde during LK". But since every new zandalari we create are already part of the horde - we know that this DK can actually back to zandalar/stay in northrend and only after BfA joing horde.

it's blizzard fail that they created such race with such STRONG lore. And blizzard aware of it. But trust me - only outrage if blizzard allow zandalari have many classes will be from Aliance, cause "horde love", but TOTALY NO LORE LIMITATIONS.
    Well Cata and MoP were well after the events were ALL playable DK are supposed to have been created. In Vanilla, the interaction we had with Zandalari were focused on helping with Zul Gurub and they got back to Zandalar soon after. None of them stayed with the horde as I recall.

In LK, the few Zandalari we saw were more interested in trying to make the Drakkari to stop slaying their own LOAS than helping them against the scourge or going all Death Knight. Even then, they had no interest to join the horde.

You seriously think that if by any chance, a Z Troll would have been taken and raised as a DK it will have waited peacefully for the opportunity to join the Horde at some point? And getting back to Zandalar? Really? Have you met the Zandalari? They would have never accepted DK into their ranks.

So yeah, big lore limations you seem not to want to understand. And before calling bullshit or false statement, try to read correctly.

"Little to no interactions" doesn't mean 0 interactions. Juste very limited, which it's been in the lifespan of WoW. Very very limited until Throne of Thunder events.

Thanks for trying though.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildspirit View Post
    Well Cata and MoP were well after the events were ALL playable DK are supposed to have been created. In Vanilla, the interaction we had with Zandalari were focused on helping with Zul Gurub and they got back to Zandalar soon after. None of them stayed with the horde as I recall.

In LK, the few Zandalari we saw were more interested in trying to make the Drakkari to stop slaying their own LOAS than helping them against the scourge or going all Death Knight. Even then, they had no interest to join the horde.

You seriously think that if by any chance, a Z Troll would have been taken and raised as a DK it will have waited peacefully for the opportunity to join the Horde at some point? And getting back to Zandalar? Really? Have you met the Zandalari? They would have never accepted DK into their ranks.

So yeah, big lore limations you seem not to want to understand. And before calling bullshit or false statement, try to read correctly.

"Little to no interactions" doesn't mean 0 interactions. Juste very limited, which it's been in the lifespan of WoW. Very very limited until Throne of Thunder events.

Thanks for trying though.
    And what could stop LK using zandalari corpses for DK creation? answer - nothing.
    About joining horde?
    2 ways:
    1) npc who must be killed as every new DK could say his last words like: "you are Zandalari no more. But as an old friend... i suggest you to try your luck in this so called "horde"... now finish me... brother"
    2) Why they not? from what i see Zandalari honor dead, but that's not mean that they can't use necromancy for guarding their tombs + they have 1 big f**king necropolis where we speak with Bwonsamdi. They can easily swore their allegiance to him as "guardians of the dead" or some sort of it. Yeah society won't be happy with them, but i don't see zandalari SO restrictive if they accept threat like demoniacs in their ranks.

You can argue lore all you want. Blizzard can, and has, shown that they're perfectly willing to shoehorn gameplay aspects into "lore", most recently with Void/Nightborne elves faction choices.

My point was that, so far, one class (two, if you want to count DHs) has zero representation with the only new major feature of BFA, and that sucks.

Blizz has outright stated that none of the Allied Races will be DKs and its highly likely none of the new races will be DH's. Hero Classes are highly tailored to fit their races with unique skins, effects and starting zones: it is very doubtful that any of them will ever be DH or DK.

Quote Originally Posted by d0cHolland View Post
    You can argue lore all you want. Blizzard can, and has, shown that they're perfectly willing to shoehorn gameplay aspects into "lore", most recently with Void/Nightborne elves faction choices.

My point was that, so far, one class (two, if you want to count DHs) has zero representation with the only new major feature of BFA, and that sucks.
    If they ever decide to add new races that can be death knights they can go the route of the Ebon Blade raising them now (since they were into that in Legion). And they can just about skip the initial starting experience like Allied races skip and start at level 20. Just make them spawn in Acherus wherever it is stationed now and give them a speech as to how they fell in battle but were too skilled to be left to their fate or that the Lich King has taken an interest in them and wants them to still be around.

And I'm certain Blizzard has plans for Bolvar and what he's up to now (see DK class campaign) they might not make DKs playable now and then add a patch/expansion focusing on the new LK and make the class available to all races as Scourge 2.0 takes off.

Side note, there are rumors Dark Iron Dwarves will be able to be DKs. Though I am not versed enough in lore to know how/when/if Dark Irons interacted with the Scourge and Arthas.

As a DK : a specific scenario to be raised as Death Knights, and start at level 20.
    As a DH : Travel to the Pantheon to meet Illidan to be initiated as a Demon Hunter and start at level 20.
    Or something like this.

I think it's more about them trying to figure out how the heritage armor should work.

Zandalari and Dark Iron DKs make sense, but should they be able to get heritage armor since they skip a ton of levels? Is it fair to exclude them since they still have to go through the worst content anyway? They probably figured "well screw it no one will care".

That said, I think next expansion will revamp some things, including the DK starting area. I think it will let every race be a DK after that, since they are setting up the Lich King to be fairly active and shady lately.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MickM View Post
    It'd be fun, but lorewise, most allied races don't make sense as a DK.

Even worgen were a stretch...
    IMHO Only Humans and Blood Elves should have been able to be Death Knights.

Both DK and DH as classes are designed to start at the level they start. Their talents and spells are all designed to be assigned at specific levels...so it be difficult at best to redesign them to start at level 20...plus that more or less takes away their "hero class" specialty nature.

Illidan created the DH society, specifically to end the burning legion. I'm not saying it's impossible to ever have any other new race as demon hunter but it's very unlikely that after his goal was reached you can just go and say: "Hey, Ill, how's everything going, can you train me to be a demon hunter?"

Quote Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
    Both DK and DH as classes are designed to start at the level they start. Their talents and spells are all designed to be assigned at specific levels...so it be difficult at best to redesign them to start at level 20...plus that more or less takes away their "hero class" specialty nature.
    Mostly this. It would be a much bigger effort to make them start at 20 like everyone else then any other class requires. And at the same time they wouldn't want the answer to obtaining the Heritage Armor automatically be to level a DK or DH because they start higher.

7+ Year Old Account
    One thing they could do (and would actually be the better business minded option as it would require the player base to pay more money to attain) would be to allow allied races to go dk/dh, but ONLY as a race change, not as a new character option.

DK - all allied races; was raised by Bolvar's Ebon Blade (the current incarnation)

DH - Void Elf, Nightborn; Void Elf = you were already an Illidari, who then embraced the void with the others, Nightborn = learned about the Illidari from your newly (re)found elven companions, and decide that their ways are more to your liking, and given your common ancestry going back to way back when, they let you in

Quote Originally Posted by sagape View Post
    Illidan created the DH society, specifically to end the burning legion. I'm not saying it's impossible to ever have any other new race as demon hunter but it's very unlikely that after his goal was reached you can just go and say: "Hey, Ill, how's everything going, can you train me to be a demon hunter?"
    Haha, right?

"Guys i made up my mind, i'm ready to sacrifice everything to defeat the legi...wait, what you mean they are already defeated?"

However, i expect blizzard to give some insights on DH lore and motivations after the legion have been defeated. What makes more sense is a "We will sacrifice everything to protect our Homes(Azeroth, or Teldrassil(Ops. we didnt sacrifice enough there apparently) and Silvermoon). And that would mean to keep recruiting anyone willing to eat a demon heart and soul, sacrificing his own HUmanity for Power.

Basically we will turn into Warlocks. Maybe we even make our own Demon CHurch with Warlocks and Demon Hunters just to annoy Priests and Paladins. lul
    Signature was infraaaaaaaaaacted. Need a new one!