Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    That's why I said it's a even more extreme case :P
    They shouldn't be listed in the example at all. It's not a "more extreme case", it's a completely different scenario. This isn't a case of Y'shaarj is extremely dead but Yogg and C'thun are just dead. Y'shaarj is dead and C'thun and Yogg were defeated.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    In p1 its beating, Garrosh is normie
    In p2 he absorbs a bit and it stayed beating.
    In heart phase it was alive as he was draining it
    In p3 (hulk mode) it was invisible as he drained it entirely, then it appeared dead.
    P4 is stormwind, can't see it

Then my .gif is just after clicking the rift to go back to Orgrimmar.

Still leaves some questions unanswered. Garrosh is alive, so we clearly didn't kill Y'shaaraj. If we did, wouldn't we see cataclysmic events like they keep saying will happen if we dome an old god? And if Y'shaaraj isn't dead, where did it dissipate too? Clearly not back into the heart. I'm guessing the Stormwind phase isn't cannon, so we'll say Garrosh is defeated in the throne room of the underhold. So maybe it dissipated into a nearby person?

Is old god corruption easily hidden? I can't think of any time an old god has corrupted someone that its been unnoticeable, but i'm not big into the lore.

So either:

A: Y'shaaraj died and Blizz is calling bullshit with the whole "we can't kill the Old Gods" thing (most likely)
    B: The essence dissipated into a bystander and is hidden within them (unlikely)
    C: The essence dissipated somewhere else where it can reform. (unlikely)
    I remember that it used to be dead after returning to Ogrimmar after killing him on mythic.
    Blizzard probably broke the animation when they fiddled with the code to make new raids.
    They always, always break something in every raid and dungeon whenever they start creating a new raid. Always.

Quote Originally Posted by Rassman View Post
    But..? Yogg and C'thun are still alive though. They've been defeated so they're "Dead", but they aren't actually dead like Y'Shaarj is.
    They are dead, not just beaten dead. Whether they can be brought back to life is a different matter though.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think the Heart of Y'shaarj is pretty much dead. So that means we have just killed the last remnant of a powerful old god. Which means there are only 4 old gods left to completely kill them. G'huun is next on the list during BFA.
    High Elves and Wildhammer Dwarves are finally playable in the Alliance. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    They are dead, not just beaten dead. Whether they can be brought back to life is a different matter though.
    You just reworded exactly what I just said. Their physical manifestation is destroyed, but with enough power/energy they should be able to resurrect their physical forms.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    I think the Heart of Y'shaarj is pretty much dead. So that means we have just killed the last remnant of a powerful old god. Which means there are only 4 old gods left to completely kill them. G'huun is next on the list during BFA.
    ? Four? There's three. C'Thun, N'Zoth, and Yogg'Saron. Whos G'huun?

7+ Year Old Account
    You just reworded exactly what I just said. Their physical manifestation is destroyed, but with enough power/energy they should be able to resurrect their physical forms.

- - - Updated - - -

? Four? There's three. C'Thun, N'Zoth, and Yogg'Saron. Whos G'huun?
    G'huun is the New Old God in Zandalar.
    High Elves and Wildhammer Dwarves are finally playable in the Alliance. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    All the old gods essences will merge into one being I bet once we kill N'Zoth.
    My money is on the Void Lords sending a NEW upgraded old god from beyond that lands on Azeroth.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

It's probably still hanging there, in the abandoned Underhold.
    The better question is what happened to the Underhold? That massive complex under Org should be re-purposed in-game. Player housing perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    G'huun is the New Old God in Zandalar.
    Oh really? That's fucking hype, shame they're already retconning Chronicles though.

Animation bug, pretty sure when you beat Garrosh back in MoP and looked up, the heart was all shriveled and dead.

Oh really? That's fucking hype, shame they're already retconning Chronicles though.
    I believe the story with G'huun is that they accidentally made him well after the fact.
    Last edited by Arkthugal; 2018-03-08 at 01:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's more of a Titan experiment with Old God related stuff. So not really a retcon
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Harrison Jones: "We have top men working on it right now" (jk)

7+ Year Old Account
    they didnt.
    g'huun is not a normal old god.
    he was created by an titan experiment.
    so no retcon, still were 4 old gods on azeroth when they arrived, but that does not mean there was 4 when they left.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    After doing SoO today I noticed after Garrosh is defeated, the Old God kool aid is sucked back into the heart of Y'shaarj, and it comes back to life. What happened to it? Seems like a rather important plot point.
    Gamon took it and is now its keeper

That narrative was pretty crappy. Take it all with a grain of salt.

Just think about it for a second. Garrosh gets deeply corrupted by an Old God essence but when we finally beat him... he's, first of all, unharmed, and worst of all, he somehow magically got all the corruption out of him, instead of just dying with him.

I wonder why, though... Maybe something to do with an entire forced plot of "court", which happened in a certain book, which then led to one of the worst narratives ever? It's almost like they were forcing the whole thing just to met a certain end!

Sarcasm aside, Y'shaarj was an Old God, and some random warrior took his power, then random people punched him real hard, then suddenly all of it goes away and the very heart of an Old God just conveniently dies like that (instead of, let's say, leaking corruption everywhere it could in the surface of Orgrimmar, as it did with Pandaria and the Sha).

Maybe they were also trying to lecture us... "killing is bad! do not solve everything with death! we must push people through fair trials!"

Anyway. It felt awful.

Same guy made a thread a few hours ago about not being able to kill Dark Shamans like 2 hours ago. I wish people would just block this guy and stop replying to his pointless threads.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2018-03-08 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Received Infraction
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by swunk View Post
    It is a cadaveric spasm! Everything is just fine .
    That dayum calcium! Always makin me shiver!

Deleted
    The Old God kool aid is NOT sucked back into the Heart of Y'shaarj. The thing shriveled and died. A literal heart failure.

It's as active as Yogg-Saron or C'thun. Dead tissue. This one is more extreme, since it's an extracted organ from a long-dead Old God, that was ripped appart from Azeroth itself.
    Anyone else see the stupid plothole in this?

Aman'thul rips Y'shaarj apart from Azeroth, supposedly 'killing' the Old God and releasing the Sha. But wait! Y'shaarj's heart is still alive and killing that also makes the Sha go away?

How come Aman'thul never finished the job? And how come he thought he had killed the Old God when the heart was still beating? None of this makes sense. But I guess that's what happens when you let people rewrite the lore in each new expansion, retcon upon retcon.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post

Aman'thul rips Y'shaarj apart from Azeroth, supposedly 'killing' the Old God and releasing the Sha. But wait! Y'shaarj's heart is still alive and killing that also makes the Sha go away?

How come Aman'thul never finished the job? And how come he thought he had killed the Old God when the heart was still beating? None of this makes sense. But I guess that's what happens when you let people rewrite the lore in each new expansion, retcon upon retcon.
    You provided your own answers: bad writting - UNLESS they provide a legit good reason for keeping the Heart of Y'shaarj locked up.

My personal theory is that it was used by the titanforged to research into the Void, Old God stuff, and related content.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post

The heart wasn't beating. It was dead. Merely the physical remains of Y'Shaarj. The Titanforged then hid the heart away in hopes of studying it and learning more about the Old Gods.

Garrosh revived the heart using the Vale of Eternal Blossoms, but even that didn't bring it back to life fully.