Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would more say it is the players that is the problem. Those dungeons are easy still.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kraner View Post
    I think that's the opposite of disaster. The inability to overcome a simple mechanic such as dispelling is basically what happened when bosses died before they even got to use a spell or when it did nothing.
    Yes, people completely forgot how old dungeon bosses work. I had people wanting to skip Armsmaster Harlan, because it's stunning them which clearly must be a bug

It'll balance out eventually, people will learn that mechanics are required.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    It'll balance out eventually, people will learn that mechanics are required.
    and many will stop doing them because they dont want to do mechanics

and blizz will nerf them when participation metrics get too low

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    you absolutely have to do mechanics in them or you are more often than not wiping. Healers not dispelling, tanks not moving boss or moving out of a lethal mechanic resulting in wipes.
    So... basicly working as intended right?

There is nothing wrong with the mop dungeons. The cataclysm dungeons are the bad ones. There is absolutely no reason to queue for them. I have actually reported some obvious bugs about them ingame. Like the side quest boss in Throne of tides is literally impossible to heal with some healers since there isnt' enough healing output the outlast if the dps isn't decked out to kill it fast enough. Some of the trash packs there do so much dmg that I was spamming flash heal to my tank and the rest of the group was questioning why I'm not healing them at all. The tank had to be topped all the time since they bursted him to 50% all the time.

Its not even about mechanics when you are supposed to be a cc'ing mobs so that the tank can survive them. The real question is, is this intented for normal levelling dungeon experience? Because right now cataclysm dungeons are on the same level of difficulty as the original cataclysm heroics were.

Edit. Unless you have actually done cataclysm dungeons past 7.3.5 pls stop writing to this thread about mechanics and bad players. You know nothing.
    Last edited by Corroc; 2018-03-08 at 07:52 PM.

The only problem I had were the Young Storm Dragons in Vortex Pinnacle absolutely demolishing tanks and requiring the entire party to stand on them as the healer popped cooldowns just to survive. That was just too much for a leveling dungeon.

10+ Year Old Account
    cata dungeons sure are an experience atm
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

I'm all for a challenge, but the problem is that it's not even worth the effort to spend an hour in The Vortex Pinnacle replacing people every other pull for the same exp as an easy 10 minute MoP dungeon.

The first boss in TVP hits like a truck with unavoidable chain lightning when he's behind his tornadoes. I used turtle shell and exhilaration on CD during those phases and still couldn't keep myself alive on my level 84 hunter. We finished the boss with just the blood dk alive, and all of us were fully heirloom geared and doing 2-3k DPS.

Imagine if a new player with no heirlooms queued into that. They'd just be kicked for low DPS after a wipe because of how tighly tuned it is right now.

Deleted
    Ooh got to level my alts now. Sounds like the game might finally be challenging again.

Quote Originally Posted by Danvash View Post
    I'm all for a challenge, but the problem is that it's not even worth the effort to spend an hour in The Vortex Pinnacle replacing people every other pull for the same exp as an easy 10 minute MoP dungeon.

The first boss in TVP hits like a truck with unavoidable chain lightning when he's behind his tornadoes. I used turtle shell and exhilaration on CD during those phases and still couldn't keep myself alive on my level 84 hunter. We finished the boss with just the blood dk alive, and all of us were fully heirloom geared and doing 2-3k DPS.

Imagine if a new player with no heirlooms queued into that. They'd just be kicked for low DPS after a wipe because of how tighly tuned it is right now.
    Ah, people still think heirlooms are better than dungeon items. I am fully blue dungeon equip with all my leveling characters and if I compare them with heirlooms they are all except one piece (weapon) worse, because they don't have the right stat distribution. You can sim yourself even at level 60 with your current items and talents on Mr Robot for example and get custom weights. I do that whenever I get a new passive/spell or talent so basically every 5th level more or less and dungeon items are by far better if you level purely through them. Starting with BC you even get sockets and can buy +8 (best stat of your spec) for 1g each and I constantly stomp full heirloom in DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    Hey, I have been leveling quite a lot through dungeons from 20-110 (to get all heritage armor) and the worst dungeons are by far 80-90, namely MoP and Cataclysm dungeons. The people can't handle them, you absolutely have to do mechanics in them or you are more often than not wiping. Healers not dispelling, tanks not moving boss or moving out of a lethal mechanic resulting in wipes. I really enjoy the dungeons but almost nobody does them, I am sitting in queue for up to 1 hour to get a dungeon, even as tank (waited 40 minutes on my pally tank).

Has Blizz overtuned MoP and Cata dungeons or are people generally still unaware that you have to do mechanics since the overhaul? It's funny and frustrating at the same time. Instead of dispelling a 30s debuff that ticks for 4k each second the healer rather heals through it and lets the tank die, when I ask why he/she didn't dispel I get no answer. Blizzard has really built a game where most are absolute unable to do basic things by now. :/
    Terrible; people having to do mechanics or else they die?? Who would have thought..

Unforgiving mechanics in LFG actually sounds pretty fun, I’ve always felt that steamrolling content was never any fun. That being said, I do mostly questing as I level nowadays, and if I join a group in LFG for a dungeon that I’m not enjoying, I’ll just leave and resume my questing.
    Stoneskin, Mana Spring, Wrath of Air, Totem of Wrath...

Quote Originally Posted by Softbottom View Post
    Terrible; people having to do mechanics or else they die?? Who would have thought..
    I agree, but content that nobody does is useless content. I have to wait, no matter if tank or DPS, quite a lot because nobody likes to do them. 20-79 I easily got dungeons within 10 minutes. Then it went up by 300%, average time minimum 30mins or more. If you like leveling through dungeons the 80-90 experience is crap compared to the other level ranges, it doesn't need to be like that, does it? It also makes no sense that 80-90 (in particular cataclysm) is harder than 90-110 normal dungeons, does it?
    Last edited by Qnubi; 2018-03-08 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sylenna View Post
    it is the people.

had a horrible group yesterday in oculus. tank was the wisest, quit when his loading screen was done. rest of us pulled through, some had major problems with the dragons and flew just everywhere after they finally got their essence.

and sometimes you just have a faceroll run.
    I've had problems with people in Oculus since it went live.

How is the XP in them? are they at least worth doing?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Interesting. I'll actually try that and see what ends up being better for me.
    I am levelling my first ever rogue since playing and I am having a blast between zone levelling and PvP. Each game is pretty evenly balanced for the most part, and I didn't think I could have this much fun levelling whilst doing PvP. Been doing battlegrounds I have never seen before, and from my experience people tend to stick around if the going gets tough (something I have not seen trying to level in instances).

My rogue is currently level 86 for reference, and I have probably done about 15 BGs in my entire time playing, if you don't include Tol Borad and Wintergrasp. I feel like I have missed out!

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    How is the XP in them? are they at least worth doing?
    Dungeons all the way to 90 still have 2-3 quests in them so they are good exp. One run takes approximately 30min and you get around 3 quests worth exp just completing the dungeon. So basically they are worth to do if haven't done that dungeon before and they are good option if you are really bored with questing. Questing efficiently is stil the fastest way but dungeons are not completely useless.

10+ Year Old Account
    BRC is the best. Tanks not melting the third boss, people moving when they have that one spell on them from the trash. It's worth playing through for the lols.

You mean people have to actually do mechanics now?

What a concept..