Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudas View Post
    It makes no sense. You have a 110 Blood elf paladin. And a Zandalari druid with the armor. Why would that make a zandalari paladin playable? Your Druid turns into a paladin out of a sudden? Your belf teaches the troll to become a paladin? It's too much asspulling imo ...

Paladins usually had a priest/another paladin teach/take them as a squire and guide them in how to use the Light.
    Oh, I see your fallacy! You think game mechanics have something to do with lore/realism! Oh man, if that were the case, as a troll role player I would love that! The reality is the opposite. If I achieve certain achievements things simply 'happen'. I magically get a title that floats over my head or a mount becomes mine. I carry a backbag and a few other bags around filled with 90+ slots of everything from weapons and armor to heads I apparently shopped off some quest mob. Even with all that one me, I can hop into a river and swim across instead of sinking like a stone. I can go to a world (Argus) that has no atmosphere, and where any given breath would be filled with acrid, poisonous fel-smoke. I can summon over 300 mounts that I just carry with me along with a massive toybox... of toys... as I save a world. I can go into a barbershop and make my troll tusks suddenly longer, or go from being bald to having a thick mohawk. I can kill the Lich King, and then you can, and thosuyands of others can, and he will be right back next week to die again. Eh, the list goes on, there's much less 'realism' than game mechanics, and that's ok, I mean, it's a video game. What that means, though, is that it does not require that a person read so deeply into it. My toon doesn't need a 'teacher'. It's just a class unlock.
    Zandalari are now the right height! https://i.imgur.com/4Tgu3K0.jpg Thank you to everyone that helped make this happen! https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...9447661?page=1

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    ya I'll pass, the only classes that need more options are Horde Pallies, Alliance Druids, and Demon Hunters. Anything else is overkill right now.
    Demon Hunters are fine. They are manned by the only logical elves that can be them lore wise and they are equivalent on sides. And while I agree that horde needs one or two additional races for Paladins, their 2:4 ratio pales in contrast with the Shaman dis-balance.

Don't get me started on Druids. Especially the Zandalari and their fancy forms.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Why would an Allied race be treated special and get to play all classes? In the end people will demand gnome paladins, tauren rogues, orc demon hunters etc etc... gonna be a huge mess, and the lore is out of the window.
    Oh didn't see yours. I didn't mean to imply 'allied races' only (again as I said ALL our races are just allied races anyways), however, as to your argument, I would point you to what I said above. Lore on WoW is meaningless and completely malleable and changeable at a whim. None of it is sacred at all, and you are tlaking to someone that owns all the d20 books, novels, and even ran the Lorecraft chat channel for a decade. I gave up because, all of it is changeable- it's a game and that's really it.
    Zandalari are now the right height! https://i.imgur.com/4Tgu3K0.jpg Thank you to everyone that helped make this happen! https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...9447661?page=1

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Anax View Post
    I gave up because, all of it is changeable- it's a game and that's really it.
    Sure, they can write and retcon everything if they wish, but still would be unfair to have only Allied races get the ability to eventually play 12/12 classes, while right now the max is 10 out of 12 classes for a single race. (Dwarf/Blood Elf).

I wouldn't mind them opening up all races to all classes in the future, and just do away with racials that affect combat/stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Sure, they can write and retcon everything if they wish, but still would be unfair to have only Allied races get the ability to eventually play 12/12 classes, while right now the max is 10 out of 12 classes for a single race. (Dwarf/Blood Elf).

I wouldn't mind them opening up all races to all classes in the future, and just do away with racials that affect combat/stats.
    Jeeze folks, for the, I think 3rd time, this would work for any races. Sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakshana View Post
    Demon Hunters are fine. They are manned by the only logical elves that can be them lore wise and they are equivalent on sides. And while I agree that horde needs one or two additional races for Paladins, their 2:4 ratio pales in contrast with the Shaman dis-balance.

Don't get me started on Druids. Especially the Zandalari and their fancy forms.
    Except not really, there are Human and Gnome Demon Hunters in lore, originally only Night Elves and Tauren could be druids "because of lore" then what happened? They rewrote the lore. So yes, Demon Hunters need more options available to them because it's a little absurd being locked to 2 races.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsiku View Post
    Except not really, there are Human and Gnome Demon Hunters in lore, originally only Night Elves and Tauren could be druids "because of lore" then what happened? They rewrote the lore. So yes, Demon Hunters need more options available to them because it's a little absurd being locked to 2 races.
    Well, not just that, but remember, Zandalari Demoniacs have been demon hunters for 16k years, and elves for what? 15 years? lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I also assumed that is something they might do, or else they wouldn't bother giving us the whole lore behind how the Paladin's Loa died, they would simply just not give them Paladins.

Guessing that Loa dying might be something you deal with as a Zandalari Troll to go on a quest to find a new Loa and unlock the Pally quest. Might be the same with DI Dwarves and Shaman.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    But don't we already have that? Death Knights and Demon Hunters? hero classes demands a certain amount of progress after all.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    But don't we already have that? Death Knights and Demon Hunters? hero classes demands a certain amount of progress after all.
    I do not think that is the same as what I said, no. So, I don't think we have what I said yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do not think that is the same as what I said, no. So, I don't think we have what I said yet.
    True, yours is a lesser idea of making classes unlockable by certain amount of races. And I don't hope so. I'd rather we have classes more connected to the races.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    ya I'll pass, the only classes that need more options are Horde Pallies, Alliance Druids, and Demon Hunters. Anything else is overkill right now.
    I'd kill for more alliance druids!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanthoris View Post
    Oh the good ol' days of the idea that you'd have to level a paladin, do a quest and then turn it into a DK before you could even have a DK... I'm so glad that didn't go to live. Conceptually it's an awesome idea, but realistically it's a nightmare.

OT: Honestly I could see this happening, but it would be strange to have a questline available for only 1 race so they could get 1 class at this point in time.
    It would have been fine pre-experience nerfs, if it had happened later on the game's life. You could get to 50 in like 2 hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    You mean like they originally planned with Death Knights?
    Hero classes. YES!

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsiku View Post
    True enough. But storywise, where they start with the Black Temple, it makes sense to limit them. Thematically, other races as DH wouldn't fit the starting scenario they go through.

5+ Year Old Account
    Oh, I see your fallacy! You think game mechanics have something to do with lore/realism! Oh man, if that were the case, as a troll role player I would love that! The reality is the opposite. If I achieve certain achievements things simply 'happen'. I magically get a title that floats over my head or a mount becomes mine. I carry a backbag and a few other bags around filled with 90+ slots of everything from weapons and armor to heads I apparently shopped off some quest mob. Even with all that one me, I can hop into a river and swim across instead of sinking like a stone. I can go to a world (Argus) that has no atmosphere, and where any given breath would be filled with acrid, poisonous fel-smoke. I can summon over 300 mounts that I just carry with me along with a massive toybox... of toys... as I save a world. I can go into a barbershop and make my troll tusks suddenly longer, or go from being bald to having a thick mohawk. I can kill the Lich King, and then you can, and thosuyands of others can, and he will be right back next week to die again. Eh, the list goes on, there's much less 'realism' than game mechanics, and that's ok, I mean, it's a video game. What that means, though, is that it does not require that a person read so deeply into it. My toon doesn't need a 'teacher'. It's just a class unlock.
    Ok go play your tauren rogue than or your gnome druid cause who cares...

Quote Originally Posted by Dudas View Post
    Ok go play your tauren rogue than or your gnome druid cause who cares...
    Good, I am glad you understand. Exactly, who cares? If a tauren rogue stabs me or a gnome changes into a teddy bear, what does it matter? It's just a game and no one is going to stop a battleground and think, why can this gnome do this? Blizzard said back before BC launched they wanted WoW to be an e-sport- I wouldn't worry too much about lore. And realism, to use your exact two races: Tuaren and Gnome.

If it had realism (and again, I wish it did as a role player) it would take 100 gnomes or more to kill a single tauren. I mean, in the lore (as if it mattered) that's the entire reason the Alliance cannot beat the Horde, even though the Horde population is so much smaller- the monster races are so much stronger than the humans, gnomes, dwarves and such. So, yeah, if they made it where a two thousand pound tauren was up against a 50 pound gnome, and there were no levels (since levels are not realistic), then I think people playing gnomes would be upset. So, there you have it. Classes aren't sacred, lore isn't, just let us play whatever class we want.

But, my idea is all about Blizz making that extra money. Because now, to play classes normally locked ona race, you have to have 2 max toons one of which has to be the very class you are about to have to level again... or race change... or boost. Seems like wasted possible revenue.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakshana View Post
    True enough. But storywise, where they start with the Black Temple, it makes sense to limit them. Thematically, other races as DH wouldn't fit the starting scenario they go through.
    Of course it would, they just add them and they were there. We know the Human in original WoW was trained by Illidan, he use to say so himself. Now we also know all Demon Hunters were not imprisoned as well; Search Ghosts in the Dark on wowhead, unable to make links yet.