Should Hollywood make an R rated sports movie

but have it be an college or adult squad? What sport should the protagonists play? Volleyball? Soccer? Cheerleading?

What should the plot be? How edgy should it be? Should it be a TV show?

10+ Year Old Account
    No reason why not, but I don't think the ratings is going to make for a better movie.

Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Ah, cheerleaders again. Nice to know that some things never chanage.
    You're weird as heck, cmdr but you do bring a smile to my face from time to time.

The Longest Yard (1974 film) was an R-rated movie.
    Pretty good too, even today.

Any Given Sunday, The Program, Major League, Slap Shot, Jerry Maguire, Ali, Raging Bull, Rush, Bull Durham. The list goes on.

Bloodsport is rated R.

@CmdrShep2154 You're asking for a R rated movie and post 2 videos of cheerleaders. I hope you're on some kind of watch list.

Quote Originally Posted by CmdrShep2154 View Post
    but have it be an college or adult squad? What sport should the protagonists play? Volleyball? Soccer? Cheerleading?

What should the plot be? How edgy should it be? Should it be a TV show?

The best R rated movie about sports is Major League.

IMDb: Major League (7 April 1989 (USA))
    The new owner of the Cleveland Indians puts together a purposely horrible team so they'll lose and she can move the team. But when the plot is uncovered, they start winning just to spite her.
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097815...ext_shr_eml_tt

Quote Originally Posted by Espo View Post
    Any Given Sunday, The Program, Major League, Slap Shot, Jerry Maguire, Ali, Raging Bull, Rush, Bull Durham. The list goes on.
    This

Quote Originally Posted by AlexisSanchez View Post
    @CmdrShep2154 You're asking for a R rated movie and post 2 videos of cheerleaders. I hope you're on some kind of watch list.
    And this

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Not sure it qualifies considering it is entirely based on fantasy. May as well include Seven Samurai.
    It was real in my mind

It should. Except it shouldn't be the usual 11th hour come together Mighty Duck uplifting sports movie. It opens with the realities of being a student athlete, or rather a slave, and then it shows the gang culture, domestic abuse, and sexual exploitation not brought up when thinking of professional sports.

Quote Originally Posted by Coombs View Post
    It should. Except it shouldn't be the usual 11th hour come together Mighty Duck uplifting sports movie. It opens with the realities of being a student athlete, or rather a slave, and then it shows the gang culture, domestic abuse, and sexual exploitation not brought up when thinking of professional sports.
    Not sure how serious this is given of the, hmmm, questionable things you mentioned, but I'll bite.

Any Given Sunday and The Program both give a pretty harsh look at professional and college football, respectively. Neither of those movies are "Mighty Duck" esque, or uplifting in any way, in my opinion. They each have a few positive moments, but the overall tone of each movie is a bit on the darker side. Blue Chips gets into the darker side of college basketball.

I'd also throw in Friday Night Lights (the movie). It gives a pretty good look into the challenges of a high school program with very high expectations.

Lastly, I'd throw in He Got Game. It definitely focuses a bit more on the overall arch and situation of the main characters (this part doesn't have as much to do with basketball), but it gives a good, dark look at the life of a highly recruited high school basketball player and all of the struggles you can imagine come along with it (i.e., everyone trying to exploit and use him; his difficulty in trying to trust anyone).

what about fake sports ala Rollerball? even the remake was a hard pg-13. what about non mainstream sports such as motorsports and the like. deathrace?

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Not sure it qualifies considering it is entirely based on fantasy. May as well include Seven Samurai.
    wasnt bloodsport based on a real person who did what was in the movie(minus some hollywood glam)?
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Deleted
    why not, I would watch it