Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    The Russian translation is just a coincidence. "Durak" comes from a combination of Durotan and Draka - Durak's paternal grandfather and grandmother respectively.
    Well by this logic they could call him Drakatan or Durorak also.

You could be right ofcourse. Rexxar and Mischa made apperance back in W3 TFT when most of original Blizzard members still were in team.

Well I think they did Garrosh's story arc pretty clumsy. They didn't plan to make him raid boss from beginning since there wasn't general consensus on board what to do with him until mid or late cata. And only reason they have gone that 'dark' path with him is their lack of inspiration in planning a new powerful villain of next expansion which would be worth of last raid tier in MoP. I would've been pretty happy with Lei-Shen.
    We know that today they know end boss of next expansion at launch of expansion that comes before that one, but Cata was time where that MoP last boss wasn't clear to them from Cata launch. So that had made Garrosh boss... which is visible from that Alex Afrasiabi interview few posts up. Garrosh was already established as aggressive and hothead so why not deepen such mostly negative traits even more and make him raid boss + they would get somehow unique story arc.

To me, his redemption story would be much better mostly because we haven't seen one in that time (speaking for 2010./2011. year). Would be 100% better redemption than this Illidan "insert title" nowadays thing which is topic for itself. Though not post-Soo redemption that would be kinda stretched. He could've been something like "pulled out" from going all the way to the dark path just a moment before or something like that.

Sylvanas is ok to be temporary warchief but nothing more than that. In fact even that is not really her. I liked her more when being in the shadows doing her own schemes and with someone always putting her in check. This right now is kinda streched: that she could become Horde-caring undead when she had personal ambitions over Horde since... ever.
    And since undead-elf is leading Horde, Lor'themar wouldn't be so strange as Warchief more than her but highly unlikely.
    Baine sounds most promising but he is...meh. They can develop him yes but I don't know if tauren-leader character would be prominent.

Though I'm 50/50 about Garrosh, I'm definitely pissed about Vol'jin. I'm really in between him and Kael'thas as Blizzard biggest mistakes not just in WoW but as whole company for making so amateur and disappointing deaths. Just wasted.

Anyway lets not dwell on the past because we need some decent warchief for future times.
    My top candidate would be an orc who is from Outland's Garadar...like Jorin Deadeye or we can introduce some new orc back from Azeroth doesn't matter just not someone old. Interesting noone mentioned Jorin Deadeye since he is like one of few MU real warchiefs left I can remember.
    Main thing is that we need new characters with deeper characterization and Sylvanas is more contradictory than well-characterized.
    Last edited by rydix; 2018-03-08 at 11:37 PM.

Vol'jin was a complete and utter waste. Whenever I do SoO and see Sylvanas' text about how Vol'jin has proven himself to be unkillable I laugh my fucking ass off. Two expansions later he gets stabbed twice and dies.

Man, I wish they used Jorin Deadeye more. The son of famous Kilrogg Deadeye, he's got so much potential. Yet they've done nothing with him. We've seen Dranosh, we've seen Garrosh, why not Jorin?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenji87 View Post
    When Baine takes the position.
    This is the worst-case scenario.

Half fhe Horde would be exiled within the week for daring to defend themselves against the Alliance.

It doesn't need to be Jorin alone...they can introduce some new 'previously-thought-to be-lost' character from Outland too or some newfound son of some other past warchief...possibilities are endless but the biggest shame is that they don't use their existing characters and Jorin is just one of the many.

when baine or some new orc becomes warchief, or a troll. hell, maybe even lor'themar.

the undead are just an evil faction that should have never been playable and blizz is too deep in to remove them and give us something proper horde like ogres in their place or something.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Honor was always a firm pillar of his personality. They completely threw that out of the window with MoP.
    What honor is there sneak attacking a fleet and at the same time leaving your air transport open to assault by hundreds of dragons with no defense?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakshana View Post
    I miss your old Orc avatar Trassk.
    Flowey dug his roots in deep, there is no escape.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    This is the worst-case scenario.

Half fhe Horde would be exiled within the week for daring to defend themselves against the Alliance.
    Baine isn't Angela Merkel, stop exaggerating shit.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    What honor is there sneak attacking a fleet and at the same time leaving your air transport open to assault by hundreds of dragons with no defense?
    What sneak attack? He saw the Alliance fleet, and ordered an open attack. Nothing sneaky about that. It's not like he planned for that to happen.

I have no idea just what he's saying here. It sounds more like Stonetalon was the intended route for Garrosh and the "darker path" was the mistake.
    Except I gave you plenty of information in another post that replied which made it clear that this was always the intention.

It's clear if you listen to the developers at the Cataclysm panels that this was always the intent.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    Except I gave you plenty of information in another post that replied which made it clear that this was always the intention.

It's clear if you listen to the developers at the Cataclysm panels that this was always the intent.
    Well, they still wasted a great character. The son of Hellscream could have played a far more glorious role in this story.

Well, they still wasted a great character. The son of Hellscream could have played a far more glorious role in this story.
    Potential isn't determined by what loins the character crawled out of.

In any case, Garrosh Hellscream is a character that goes into the themes of how people can be misled if they lionize history without looking at the contexts surrounding them and the shortcomings of folk heroes. The entire point was that so much time was spent celebrating Grom that they failed to properly present to him the exact same qualities that almost damned the Orcish race. These are concepts and things explored in reality - when a culture doesn't look at the full picture of their triumphs and failures, we run the risk of whitewashing history and repeating it. Which Garrosh unwittingly did without the opportunity to correct it as Grom did.

It's also about how Thrall's desire to redeem others and assumption of their better nature backfired. He thought Garrosh would rise to the occasion and he failed.

That's a clear character arc, a clear thematic meaning, and a concise way in which it was presented. The only failure I'd argue is the TBC->Wrath portion, which failed to properly give enough context for why Garrosh went from being renewed to actively antagonistic.

"I didn't like where the character went" is not the same thing as "they wasted a great character." People keep misusing that phrase.
    Last edited by Vakir; 2018-03-09 at 12:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    I don't know, all Warchiefs seemed pretty solid to me. Not recalling any liquid or gaseous Warchief atm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    I don't know, all Warchiefs seemed pretty solid to me. Not recalling any liquid or gaseous Warchief atm.
    Sylvanas can turn into a ghost, therefore she isn't solid.

get wrekt.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Sylvanas can turn into a ghost, therefore she isn't solid.

get wrekt.
    That's a dreadful knowledge you shared with everyone. But JustRob's attempt has been far more heroic since he even created a whole thread to reveal the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are no charismatic and well established orcs left which don't have already grey hair. The two they build up who could have been something, got killed during the Siege of Orgrimmar. Garrosh and Nazgrim. so for the Orcs they need to write a few new faces.

Going by the non-Orc options no one would make more sense then Baine. He has Honor, is charismatic, strong, not afraid of combat, but also smart and diplomatic.

The Horde really needs to build up more characters. there are so few notables left

Maybe Vol'jin will be ressed in this expansion. Then he can actually do something. Blizzard really wasted him.

I'd actually would have much rather had Lore'themar as Warchief than Sylvanas. She works much better with her own agenda and as a loose cannon.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    He's Durak, or Duran for Russians. And he's only ~4yo now, so it's really REALLY far away in the future
    Maybe he'll arrive from the future, wearing a CMC Powered Combat Suit.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    What about Alleria and her cult?
    What about Alleria? Is there a Horde settlement she dumped poison (or a manabomb) on?

What about the alliances attempted genocide agaist the blood elves twice?
    Which Alliance racial leader is responsible for those?

Did they have endorsement from the overall leader at the time?

What about invading forsaken lands and playing the victim card when she steamrolled the alliance and collaborators in Cata?
    I fail to remember any nation sending its army into "Forsaken lands".

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    wait for basic campfire, the warchief who will be both gaseous and solid, at the same time

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Razaron View Post
    Thrall needs to be Warchief again, I've never felt proud of my Warchief since Cataclysm Garrosh when they did a 180 on his character.

#BringBackThrall

I'm in the same boat. We need a shamanistic warchief.