Page 1 of 18
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Fascists Threaten to Burn Down Berkeley Bookstore

To paraphrase Sean Connery in Indiana Jones, "maybe they should try reading books instead of burning them". A history book for starters.

Revolution Books in Berkeley becomes target for right-wing groups

BERKELEY, Calif. (KGO) -- Revolution Books in Berkeley has been the target of several right-wing groups that have protested in front of the store. This weekend, things escalated when a small group threatened to burn the place down.

In cellphone video, a man and a woman are seen and heard insulting Reiko Redmonde, one of the volunteers of the bookstore. " You are so ignorant. Commie scum, you commie scum we're going to burn down your book store, you know that."

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mr. MAGA looks about exactly like I would expect. Lady is wearing Cap's shield on her shirt and that does make me a little upset. So, yeah. Not much to say other than the usual propensity for cognitive dissonance and hypocrisy continues to push new and interesting bounds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

"this is a public thing"

Well reasoned argument there, chief. Get a fucking job already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Books? Who needs books? I told that teachin' lady the only letters I need to know are U S and A!
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I’m surprised they even know what a book is.

Don't mind me, I'm just waiting for the woke independents to come in and condemn this shit.
    Last edited by Citizen T; 2018-03-09 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Infracted for trolling
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    To paraphrase Sean Connery in Indiana Jones, "maybe they should try reading books instead of burning them". A history book for starters.

Revolution Books in Berkeley becomes target for right-wing groups

BERKELEY, Calif. (KGO) -- Revolution Books in Berkeley has been the target of several right-wing groups that have protested in front of the store. This weekend, things escalated when a small group threatened to burn the place down.

In cellphone video, a man and a woman are seen and heard insulting Reiko Redmonde, one of the volunteers of the bookstore. " You are so ignorant. Commie scum, you commie scum we're going to burn down your book store, you know that."

Did you watch the suggested video from their perspective? Because these ignorant hicks posted their video of their threats. I hope they enjoy jail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Don't mind me, I'm just waiting for the woke independents to come in and condemn this shit.
    Dunno how will they lend plausible deniability to that kind of behavior?

Economic Anxiety
    Hillary's Emails

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I’m surprised they even know what a book is.
    Whatever it is, it isn't MAGA!

15+ Year Old Account
    Is there a reason why they want to? Doesn't seem super clear.
    Last edited by Video Games; 2018-03-09 at 07:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah not surprised and not intimidated, much credit to the woman standing up to the fragile Patriots spewing their racist BS.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Don't need no ferking books fer huntin me raccoons!

Maybe I'm ignorant of politics, but what is a "woke independent"? Someone who claims to be above party lines and votes only for what he believes is for the good of the land?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    Yeah not surprised and not intimidated, much credit to the woman standing up to the fragile Patriots spewing their racist BS.
    What does race have to do with this? Please don't try to make things that aren't about race about it.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Berkeley is well started to become the center stage of extremism on both side.

But hey, they wouldn't be the first to attack Berkeley for stupid reasons. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vS_RKwCYcl8
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Maybe I'm ignorant of politics, but what is a "woke independent"? Someone who claims to be above party lines and votes only for what he believes is for the good of the land?
    Almost. The other characteristic is that while they claim to be above party lines, they're arguments and ideas almost exclusively align with one party.

In other words, people who are trying to gain credibility by pretending to be impartial.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    - - - Updated - - -
    What does race have to do with this? Please don't try to make things that aren't about race about it.
    I didn't make this about race, the guy in the video in my opinion did, especially when he said Trump is going to get you people out of here, he wasn't talking about just communist.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage VoidElf4Life View Post
    Berkeley is well started to become the center stage of extremism on both side.

But hey, they wouldn't be the first to attack Berkeley for stupid reasons. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vS_RKwCYcl8
    That's pretty weak bothsidersism. I dont see the kind ladies from the book store in your video.

You called it.

Revolution Books is still around? WTH, Moe's, Half-Price Books, Pegasus and Dark Carnival are all still around. How do they manage to stay in business in the age of Amazon.

Deleted
    Fella seems to be missing some teeth there.

Uhm, can you make public arson threats like that w/o being visited by the authorities?