10+ Year Old Account
    So yesterday, i hit broke down my first real wall. I think it is a common one for a lot of people, but the two Tempered Bezels were whooping my ass. I tried solo and as group, and was making zero progress. I tried Dual Blades, Hammer and Charge Blade and just did not make progress. Finally my wife suggested i try a bow, just because she likes hunters in wow and thought bows are cool. The only bow i had at the time was the Horizon Bow. Doubtful, because i have literally used the bow one time previously, i went back out. I popped an SOS just in case but it never filled. I managed to capture both of the bezels with only one cart, and that cart was hilarious. I was fighting them in the marshy area in the middle, and one of the passive dinosaurs came up and hit me out of a Dragon Piercer as a bezel was charging me...
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    So yesterday, i hit broke down my first real wall. I think it is a common one for a lot of people, but the two Tempered Bezels were whooping my ass. I tried solo and as group, and was making zero progress. I tried Dual Blades, Hammer and Charge Blade and just did not make progress. Finally my wife suggested i try a bow, just because she likes hunters in wow and thought bows are cool. The only bow i had at the time was the Horizon Bow. Doubtful, because i have literally used the bow one time previously, i went back out. I popped an SOS just in case but it never filled. I managed to capture both of the bezels with only one cart, and that cart was hilarious. I was fighting them in the marshy area in the middle, and one of the passive dinosaurs came up and hit me out of a Dragon Piercer as a bezel was charging me...
    This is where I am stuck as well. I tried to Solo it using a Longsword, and got my ass handed to me. Since then i've just been trying to get my two friends caught up with me, but they play as completionists, and are taking forever to progress through their assigned missions.

I think i'll have to SOS the mission.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    This is where I am stuck as well. I tried to Solo it using a Longsword, and got my ass handed to me. Since then i've just been trying to get my two friends caught up with me, but they play as completionists, and are taking forever to progress through their assigned missions.

I think i'll have to SOS the mission.
    Have fun with SOS, in my experience SOSing that mission is hell. In the 8 or 9 attempts i had with SOS active i had to kick 5 leechers and had a triple cart twice from players not paying attention. Soloing is a 100 times easier in my opinion. Maybe organized groups would be better but i don't have anyone to do that with.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have fun with SOS, in my experience SOSing that mission is hell. In the 8 or 9 attempts i had with SOS active i had to kick 5 leechers and had a triple cart twice from players not paying attention. Soloing is a 100 times easier in my opinion. Maybe organized groups would be better but i don't have anyone to do that with.
    So far on PS4, I've had pretty good luck with SOS's. Only one's i've had trouble with have been Xeno and Diablos when using an SOS.

Though looking at how this fight pans out, I wouldn't be surprised to add this one to the list of trouble using SOS. Hoping for the best, expecting the worst, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    So far on PS4, I've had pretty good luck with SOS's. Only one's i've had trouble with have been Xeno and Diablos when using an SOS.

Though looking at how this fight pans out, I wouldn't be surprised to add this one to the list of trouble using SOS. Hoping for the best, expecting the worst, lol.
    Im on PS4 as well. I actually had one attempt last night that two people from an Asian country (sorry cant tell the difference between the language) that would just follow the monsters and hide in a bush. When i kicked one, the other purposely charged a bezel and carted. And by the time you get people in the game through SOS then realize they are tools, then kick them, its past the 10 minute mark to get rewards so your SOS doesnt get filled. Sorry my experience with that mission last night made me salty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im on PS4 as well. I actually had one attempt last night that two people from an Asian country (sorry cant tell the difference between the language) that would just follow the monsters and hide in a bush. When i kicked one, the other purposely charged a bezel and carted. And by the time you get people in the game through SOS then realize they are tools, then kick them, its past the 10 minute mark to get rewards so your SOS doesnt get filled. Sorry my experience with that mission last night made me salty.
    No reason to apologize. Your experience is yours, and I am not one to deny you of that. I'm sure if I tried this mission with an SOS, eventually, i'd feel the same way.

On that note, if you need someone to play with, hit me up @ fizzlepop-531. I'm Rank 29, and pretty well versed in the game. I need people who are more dedicated to progressing, rather than tooling around cleaning up old ass Optional Quests, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    No reason to apologize. Your experience is yours, and I am not one to deny you of that. I'm sure if I tried this mission with an SOS, eventually, i'd feel the same way.

On that note, if you need someone to play with, hit me up @ fizzlepop-531. I'm Rank 29, and pretty well versed in the game. I need people who are more dedicated to progressing, rather than tooling around cleaning up old ass Optional Quests, lol.
    Ill probably hit you up. I don't play the game with anything in particular planned. Typically i just use a build calculator to plan out my own build, then focus on grinding out the pieces for it. My current plan is to get a better bow lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ill probably hit you up. I don't play the game with anything in particular planned. Typically i just use a build calculator to plan out my own build, then focus on grinding out the pieces for it. My current plan is to get a better bow lol.
    That is still progression in my book.

I have my armor mostly set. Focusing on Defense (405 before food or Armorskin) and Earplugs. But i'm considering shuffling some things in order to get some Weakness Exploit in my build. Aside from that, my focus is on getting all my swords to Rank 7 or 8.

I'm more than happy to help someone build up their setup. I just get bored when my other friends are just polishing off old quests just to clean out their log, while gaining nothing.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I got lucky with this mission, one of the stupid things got stuck in a wall so I snipeded the fudge out of it with a bow, switched to a water bone long sword to finish off the other one

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    I got lucky with this mission, one of the stupid things got stuck in a wall so I snipeded the fudge out of it with a bow, switched to a water bone long sword to finish off the other one
    My killing attempt kind of worked similar. At the very beginning they both were in the water area that the fisherman spawns at. They were walking to the heavier forest spot and i DragonPierced them and they both turned at the same time in the narrow path, and seemed to bounce off eachother, they did this repeatedly for about 2-3 minutes. I was able to get a ton of DragonPiercers off for basically free.

I one shot this fight. I didn't even think they were tempered with how easy it was. Bow is my go to against Bezel. One of the easiest fights in the game for me with the bow. Just dodge shoot charged until it falls over or does a slow attack and dragonpierce the length of body or length wise across wings, easy peasy lemon squeezy.

EDIT: my favorite part of that fight is when they would fight eachother and I would dragonpiercer at the ball of bezel and the amount of hits i'd get...feelsgoodman
    Last edited by EyelessCrow; 2018-03-09 at 09:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    I one shot this fight. I didn't even think they were tempered with how easy it was. Bow is my go to against Bezel. One of the easiest fights in the game for me with the bow. Just dodge shoot charged until it falls over or does a slow attack and dragonpierce the length of body or length wise across wings, easy peasy lemon squeezy.

EDIT: my favorite part of that fight is when they would fight eachother and I would dragonpiercer at the ball of bezel and the amount of hits i'd get...feelsgoodman
    I did not realize how trivial some of the monsters are if you just outrange them. Now on the flipside, that damn poison elder dragon got me today on lunch. I was like he will be a joke if i out range his poison aura, he then proceeds to do nothing but spam his long range breath weapon....

I did not realize how trivial some of the monsters are if you just outrange them. Now on the flipside, that damn poison elder dragon got me today on lunch. I was like he will be a joke if i out range his poison aura, he then proceeds to do nothing but spam his long range breath weapon....
    lol yup, people are all like "one of easier fights" meanwhile I'm over here being carted back to camp.

The monster AI is built to be anti cheese/downtime. You will notice if you are in the red and need a potion the monster will turn a full 180 mid attack to focus on you. Same with sharpening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    lol yup, people are all like "one of easier fights" meanwhile I'm over here being carted back to camp.
    Toss on 3 Miasma gems. Very common and trivializes the only real mechanic in the fight. He's a punching bag after.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    next Wednesday may have an announcement

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    next Wednesday may have an announcement
    *Here comes a New Challenger!*

DEVILJHO HAS JOINED THE BUFFET!
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    *Here comes a New Challenger!*

DEVILJHO HAS JOINED THE BUFFET!
    I hope its more than just him though.

My guess is he is just the flagship of the update, and we will get a couple more as well.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

I'm assuming things that already have the in engine shared skeleton and model rigging is a safe bet. Like Dodogama exists so whats stopping them adding in a tetsucabra y'know?