Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    It is very elucidating that so many of you are farrrrrrr more concerned with the exceptionally rare, standalone false accusation than the fact that a huge percentage of women are sexually assaulted in their lives and harassed through most of it.

You think you don't show the shade of your soul with your protestations but you do.
    Its like telling someone who was falsely convicted and put in jail "HEY LOOK at all those others criminal that were convicted and stop complaining" .

#metoo is the perfect example of why the internet is the delivery of false hope.

The line, "When too many people have a voice, nobody has a voice" comes to mind.

The internet, if anything, is going to do damage to a genuinely important movement. If all goes as usual, #metoo will fade into obscurity just like the 1% protests and School Shootings.

People are too distracted and it is too easy to "contribute". It's slacktavism in its purest form.

Fuck the internet.
    Last edited by XangXu; 2018-03-09 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LoLcano View Post
    Its like telling someone who was falsely convicted and put in jail "HEY LOOK at all those others criminal that were convicted and stop complaining" .
    How many times do I have to repeat this for you lot, an accusation is not a conviction.

Deleted
    It is very elucidating that so many of you are farrrrrrr more concerned with the exceptionally rare, standalone false accusation than the fact that a huge percentage of women are sexually assaulted in their lives and harassed through most of it.

You think you don't show the shade of your soul with your protestations but you do.
    The problem that i am protesting here isnt how many sexual predators that go unpunnished vs non-punnished.

The problem here is that right now #MeToo in association with twitter has become a place where peoples lives are getting ruined by a tweet.

#MeToo should be a movement about getting more rape-victims to report it and stuff like that. Right now its just encouraging people to name and shame randomly on twitter to such a degree that even Matt Damon who literally did nothing wrong is in jeopardy of loosing his job.

This has nothing to do with people being against rape victims coming forward. Its just that social justice isnt justice

- - - Updated - - -

How many times do I have to repeat this for you lot, an accusation is not a conviction.
    It is on twitter right now bro. ANd an accusation not followed by court or evidence in a public place is defamation

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    #metoo is the perfect example of why the internet is the delivery of false hope.

The line, "When too many people have a voice, nobody has a voice" comes to mind.

The internet, if anything, is going to do damage to a genuinely important movement. If all goes as usual, #metoo will fade into obscurity just like the 1% protests and School Shootings.

People are too distracted and it is too easy to "contribute". It's slacktavism in its purest form.

Fuck the internet.
    Also shows again that people cannot handle a worldwide podium.

Before the internet, you had to try pretty damn hard to even reach the people in your local area. Now, everyone can just yell anything they want and people all over the world can potentially hear it.

17 pages of predominately white males declaring a social movement is useless on a World of Warcraft fansite.

Doesn't get anymore first world than this, friends.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Tell that to Kevin Spacey career .

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The irony of the whole complaint about #MeToo is that is that it has taken that which traditionally has protected the vast majority of rapists and flipped it on its head to use as a weapon - namely a lack of evidence.

Just as sex-crime victims have no realistic recourse against their assailants due to the extreme difficulty of proving sex-crime, so too do rapists have no realistic recourse against reputational harm from social media accusations due to the extreme difficulty in proving slander.

And while I certainly don't condone the slander of innocent victims (because yes, this platform can be abused) can you really blame those millions of victims of rape and other sex-crimes for resorting to this means? Frankly, the criminal justice system has always failed them, and left to its own devices, one has to assume it always will.

Instead of jumping up and down and getting upset at #MeToo, how about taking a good hard, critical look at the system that spawned it. A system which cared so much about protecting the reputations of innocent men that it was prepared to turn a blind eye to the horrific price being paid by innocent women.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Well chaps, I am afraid that for far too long, good men have done nothing. Now we have to pay the price. Deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by LoLcano View Post
    Tell that to Kevin Spacey career .
    He has the ability to sue for defamation if he wants. He could use the legal system to remedy the charges leveled by the court of public opinion and prove himself innocent to not just the public, but to the legal system as well. I'm sure he's rich enough to afford atleast one lawyer to spin that tale.

But hey, I guess the last thing someone who actually did something like what Kevin Spacey did wants to do is press charges for defamation only to have it blow up in their face as a giant shitstorm. Even fucking Roy Moore didn't have the balls AFTER he lost his senate seat to a fucking Democrat in Alabama.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    17 pages of predominately white males declaring a social movement is useless on a World of Warcraft fansite.

Doesn't get anymore first world than this, friends.
    Its a movement thats made and has its course in the first world. Did you have an actual argument to make here or are you just trying to up your post count?

I see you want to create an environment where if you only have your word to accuse your rapist, you better stay silent because you will be sued for defamation.

This is rapist enabling.

This is what people mean when they say rape culture.

I see you want to create an environment where if you only have your word to accuse your rapist, you better stay silent because you will be sued for defamation.

This is rapist enabling.

Whatever. It is just people who stand up for principles of justice rather than an unruly lynch mob. This twitter shit with immediate consequences without any convictions is not OK.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Deleted

This is rapist enabling.

No but you need to go to court. YOu cant just go around posting that shit on twitter. You cant have no accountability on account of your freedom of speech.

Calling it rapist enabling is fucking ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    Curious where the 4% comes from since most people convicted of rape are not going to be in a position to have a lawyer do the legwork to show they actually are innocent after a verdict is passed --- and thus are stuck in jail and then have their lives ruined because they didn't decide to stick with some crazy girl?
    What on earth are you babbling about? Rape is one of the crimes that it is the hardest to prove and to get a conviction for. Defamation on the other hand is often easy to prove as it involves some sort of communication.

- - - Updated - - -

This is rapist enabling.

This is one of the problems with rape, it is often very hard to prove. Unfortunately it is how the law must work. The burden of proof must be on the accuser. In a rape case there are often no witnesses and a confused victim doing things they should not right after the rape.

So if someone got raped with no witnesses, went straight home to take a shower and then came to her/his senses a few days later and then expect a rape conviction they are asking for the impossible. The world would literally stop functioning if we started to implement guilty until proven innocent in courts. If there are no witnesses and no evidence going to court is of course pointless. This is not rape culture. Being innocent until proven guilty it is far more important than any type of crime conviction rate.

Going to the police may not be pointless however(mileage may vary depending on where on the planet you live). Making a report that stays on file can prove useful and if he raped you chances are he has raped someone else or will in the future. Once the police has a number of reports all of a sudden you can prove rape.

Quote Originally Posted by Najnaj View Post
    The world would literally stop functioning if we started to implement guilty until proven innocent in courts. If there are no witnesses and no evidence going to court is of course pointless. This is not rape culture. Being innocent until proven guilty it is far more important than any type of crime conviction rate.
    I have said this like 10 times in this thread: I AM NOT ADVOCATING FOR CONVICTIONS BASED OFF OF ACCUSATIONS.

I am saying it is fine for people to raise the red flag over someone without being at risk of a defamation suit.

Why do you lot insist on acting like I have said what I have not said, not once?

I have said this like 10 times in this thread: I AM NOT ADVOCATING FOR CONVICTIONS BASED OFF OF ACCUSATIONS.

I am saying it is fine for people to raise the red flag over someone without being at risk of a defamation suit.

Why do you lot insist on acting like I have said what I have not said, not once?
    Because we've got to keep that rape culture alive! In fairness, I don't think they realize that's what's going on though. If they do, well...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    Because we've got to keep that rape culture alive! In fairness, I don't think they realize that's what's going on though. If they do, well...
    I dont think you, at any point in this thread, realize that what you are trading is one unfairness for another.

I realize at his point ofc that you are nothing but a troll. But once again.

Noone is defending rape culture.

People are saying there is a right and a wrong way to do things. Going to court with a rape charge is the right way. Blame game on twitter is not, especially if its its not followed by evidence or a court case.

If the system isnt working the its time to start making a #NewSystemPlease trend instead.
    Last edited by Citizen T; 2018-03-09 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    I dont think you, at any point in this thread, realize that what you are trading is one unfairness for another.

I realize at his point ofc that you are nothing but a troll. But once again.

Noone is defending rape culture.

People are saying there is a right and a wrong way to do things. Going to court with a rape charge is the right way. Blame game on twitter is not, especially if its its not followed by evidence or a court case.

If the system isnt working the its time to start making a #NewSystemPlease trend instead.
    Actually, I've articulated my views on this in previous posts, but folks such as yourself can't (or won't) stop yourself from taking my comments to extremes to build up strawman arguments to try to counter what I've said. I don't understand why its so hard for people to grasp and/or acknowledge anything other than extremes, but here we are.

Also, I find it ironic that you think I'm trolling when you clearly started this thread as bait. You have your take on this and have spent your time just shooting down anything that doesn't fit your hot take on this. I mean, can you actually be more disingenuous at this point?

Also, I find it ironic that you think I'm trolling when you clearly started this thread as bait. You have your take on this and have spent your time just shooting down anything that doesn't fit your hot take on this. I mean, can you actually be more disingenuous at this point?
    And yet like saps we keep returning

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Forsworn Knight View Post
    What the fuck is this even? Delusion at its finest. That's it, I spit out some of my cereal from laughing. Thanks.
    That poster is a golden goose of utter horseshit. I almost wonder what MMOC was like before they joined.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    Actually, I've articulated my views on this in previous posts, but folks such as yourself can't (or won't) stop yourself from taking my comments to extremes to build up strawman arguments to try to counter what I've said. I don't understand why its so hard for people to grasp and/or acknowledge anything other than extremes, but here we are.

Not one single argument was made in that post to counter mine. Not one....