Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    After I would assume seeing as Construction and Manufacturing are doing quite well this past year. 185k and 224k respectively.
    But Trump just put massive tariffs on raw materials, so the US manufacturing sector is going to tank.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    But Trump just put massive tariffs on raw materials, so the US manufacturing sector is going to tank.
    I suppose we'll see. Though I have extreme doubts about the sector being effected that negatively, whatever jobs are lost will be made up in domestic steel production
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    I suppose we'll see. Though I have extreme doubts about the sector being effected that negatively, whatever jobs are lost will be made up in domestic steel production
    Remember when tax cuts were going to get thousands hired, and then we got thousands of layoffs anyways?

Good times, good times... Well. Except for those laid off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    I may be wrong, but Trump just yesterday was entitled to sign those 2 proclamations and is also entitled to sink your economy with that silly trade war ?
    what he says, goes. your voice is irrelevant here, sorry
    Again, no it is not. I can talk to you, regardless of what Trump is saying. Trump being president, is irrelevant to my opinions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    You (as a nation) chose him as your representatitve...
    (That he didn't need to win the popular vote to get chosen is not our problem but how you as a nation chose to set this up.)
    It is your problem, because you have a problem with it, as much as it is my problem, because I have a problem with it. The fact that he is president, does not alter the opinion and judgment of Americans.

- - - Updated - - -

uh ? i would never vote for Trump. because i'm not brain dead
    and for info: also not a vote for Merkel's party last autumn.
    Why does you not voting Merkel’s party mater? Why are we to be beholden to Trump, but you get to say you didn’t vote Merkel?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Again, no it is not. I can talk to you, regardless of what Trump is saying. Trump being president, is irrelevant to my opinions.

- - - Updated - - -

Why does you not voting Merkel’s party mater? Why are we to be beholden to Trump, but you get to say you didn’t vote Merkel?
    i'm beholden to Merkel, because her being chancellor also trumps my opinion on world stage. whatever i voted: it was a lost voice as it has no say in governmental affairs.
    same with you and Trump: unless you can by some means change his politics, Trump speaks for you on all important issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Threads like this make me realize that the Dems still haven't learned from losing the election. News Flash if you do nothing but insult those who support the other guy you're just going to at minimum cause those who are on the offense to not vote for your person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Threads like this make me realize that the Dems still haven't learned from losing the election. News Flash if you do nothing but insult those who support the other guy you're just going to at minimum cause those who are on the offense to not vote for your person.
    germany rules by coalitions for decades; the 2 party model of USA is off the table here. nobody rules really supreme here, by compromise only.

Deleted
    germany rules by coalitions for decades; the 2 party model of USA is off the table here. nobody rules really supreme here, by compromise only.
    Coalition ruling is supirior anyway got the same over here in the Netherlands , you dont have to choose between two extremes atleast you have a alot more choice and compromises being made by the government.

Wait, wasn't this the republican strat for the whole 8 years obama was in office???? and it worked??

10+ Year Old Account
    But that's all Trump supporters and Trump did to get elected...
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Wait, wasn't this the republican strat for the whole 8 years obama was in office???? and it worked??
    And then they got into power and realized they have jack shit in terms of policy beyond "undo everything the last guy did." Their approval rating is abysmal. I imagine they've done far more damage to their own brand in a single year than in the entirety of Obama's term.

It is your problem, because you have a problem with it, as much as it is my problem, because I have a problem with it. The fact that he is president, does not alter the opinion and judgment of Americans.
    Do I have a problem with it?
    Good to know that you can read my mind.

Anyway, he represents all US citizens (as a group), because he is their democratically elected representative to the world.
    I don't have a problem with that, I'm mostly amused about what this says about the USA.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    And then they got into power and realized they have jack shit in terms of policy beyond "undo everything the last guy did." Their approval rating is abysmal. I imagine they've done far more damage to their own brand in a single year than in the entirety of Obama's term.
    Approval rating doesn't matter though, only money does.

This post pretty much means you have not looked up the past we have done this before, it was a complete and utter disaster. We lost hundreds of thousands of jobs and none of it was made up in steel production because although 140K work in steel we have 6.5 million jobs who depend on steel imports.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do I have a problem with it?
    Good to know that you can read my mind.

Anyway, he represents all US citizens (as a group), because he is their democratically elected representative to the world.
    I don't have a problem with that, I'm mostly amused about what this says about the USA.
    Yeah, I don’t need to read your mind, when I am replying to what you said. WTF?

- - - Updated - - -

Well, since I am not a democrat, I’m glad I’m exempt from that problem. High five?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Isn't that exactly what Trump does and did, like to a T?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Not sure how I feel about the tariffs as my industry buy's a lot of steel, but I found this interesting.

Elon Musk goes on tweetstorm, siding with Trump over tariffs
    This is such a gross misinterpretation of Musk's tweets that I'm not surprised if comes from Faux News at all.

He did not say he supported Trump or the present tariffs. He talked about China, and specifically the car industry in which he's interested. I know we're in the realm of alternative facts but these are not the same thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Its why I love not being American, I get to insult trumpers all day without using that silly argument of how that means im responsible for Trump lol
    Last edited by JohnBrown1917; 2018-03-09 at 09:16 PM.

Yeah, I don’t need to read your mind, when I am replying to what you said. WTF?
    But you didn't, reply to what I wrote that is.
    You replied to what you thought I thought.

10+ Year Old Account
    But you didn't, reply to what I wrote that is.
    You replied to what you thought I thought.
    The fact that you are in denial, doesn’t change this exchange:

For as long Trump is the official elected head of state, his voice and opinion counts on behalf of everybody. Unless you can influence your Senator or Representative to counter Trump, he is your almighty god.
    No, I have a voice and can speak for my self. Being president, does not mean constituents are beholden to head of state. We are not a monarchy... Trump does not own us... we are not his serfs...
    You (as a nation) chose him as your representatitve...
    (That he didn't need to win the popular vote to get chosen is not our problem but how you as a nation chose to set this up.)