Poll: Yes Or No?!

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Well, at least they're no vulpera-type of screwup meant to juice playtime and money out of pet fox lovers. They actually look like a race that could contribute to either faction during wartime, unlike small foxmen.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    I think it would be cool to see that Grom has been successful in recruiting the Saberon into his Draenor Horde, and it would open up an opportunity for Yrel's Draenei to reach out to the High Arakkoa due to their shared connection to the Light.
    I would be okay with the explanation above, to be honest.

No. Arakkoa all the way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leodok View Post
    No. Arakkoa all the way.
    Will be hard to make, since they dont share the framework of one of the alrdy playable races.

i'll take the cat people and arrakoe for allies over snake and fox people anytime
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?

5+ Year Old Account
    Not a fan, to be honest...

Saberon really have no character other than animalistic killers in a loose pack structure. Their story is paper thin and their appeal is purely as "Big Muscle Beast".

To the Alliance they'd add little because Worgen do everything they do but better because of the dichotomy of man and beast combined with a deep history in Gilneas.

To the Horde they'd add little because there's already "Savage" races, there, who actually have some kind of characterization.

Sethrak? Sure. They can add some great balance to the Alliance, but in the Horde they'd just be scaled Zandalari trolls. Vulpera? They're quick-witted bouncy energetic wanderers coming out of bondage and would be -great- for the Horde, where in the Alliance they'd kind of be "Gnomes, pt 2: Furball Boogaloo".

Give me compelling characterization or at least some story for the Saberon and maybe I'll agree that they'd be a good race. But right now? They're just... Lesser Worgen.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Would def play a tigon or saberon.

7+ Year Old Account
    Cat race on the Alliance? This seems promising. As long as there's not a another dark theme race on the alliance.

I'll be fine with that.
    High Elves and Wildhammer Dwarves are finally playable in the Alliance. XD

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Might actually check the Alliance side out in BfA with this race.
    Saberon have a interesting look compaired to most Alliance races.
    The only thing that I think different about the Sabrons (& they are a wicked awesome add as race for any side), is that I think they should be playable for both sides of the fence red and blue & any other new race they dredge up from their old hat of toons already in the game. To me Blizzard seems to be getting lazy with creativity for new races choosing instead to just modify old races, deceptively call them new races oh but wait we're gonna throw in a 3rd heroic class too and really confuse the schmuck out of you even more. As if we have not been raid smashed and grind, race & ability confused enough already! Come up with some thing original! An actual new race and stop the over grinding and the lack of creativity with the races & the storyline. Wow, bedazzle and impress the gamers and make it easier on their time constraints so you can bring backthe adult gamers more & increase the sales of WoW subscriptions and the alliance population which has declined a lot. o.O

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    Cat race on the Alliance? This seems promising. As long as there's not a another dark theme race on the alliance.

I'll be fine with that.
    The Saberons can be pretty dark... they eat other races and they are combative in nature as orcs, even more so actually... they'd actually make really good Death Knights. I would change my draenei DK to a Saberon in a heartbeat if the Sabron get a strength & speed boost. The Worgen are no longer seen as a dark race but as a bunch of cute fuzzy wuzzies who kick butt in raids & PVP like pandarans and gnomes. lol!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Melius View Post
    i'll take the cat people and arrakoe for allies over snake and fox people anytime
    Ya Saberons and Arakkoa for the alliance & Naga and Vulpura for the horde... that's a cool arrangement. But I
    think DK's should be allowed to play all 4 of them on either side; because almost everyone veteran has a DK right!
    Last edited by NoahWeaver; 2018-03-10 at 12:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Not a fan, to be honest...

Saberon really have no character other than animalistic killers in a loose pack structure. Their story is paper thin and their appeal is purely as "Big Muscle Beast".

To the Alliance they'd add little because Worgen do everything they do but better because of the dichotomy of man and beast combined with a deep history in Gilneas.

To the Horde they'd add little because there's already "Savage" races, there, who actually have some kind of characterization.

Sethrak? Sure. They can add some great balance to the Alliance, but in the Horde they'd just be scaled Zandalari trolls. Vulpera? They're quick-witted bouncy energetic wanderers coming out of bondage and would be -great- for the Horde, where in the Alliance they'd kind of be "Gnomes, pt 2: Furball Boogaloo".

Give me compelling characterization or at least some story for the Saberon and maybe I'll agree that they'd be a good race. But right now? They're just... Lesser Worgen.
    I believe the Allied race recruitment quest for saberon, could serve to explain Saberon culture a little, and the Saberon could serve as an intimidating bruiser race, a roll played by the Tauren and Orcs in the Horde, worgen come close to this, but while they have the intimidation factor, their not quite bruisers, plus, Stormwind loves lions, if Leorajh turned up with a bunch of exiled saberons, Anduin would take em in in a heartbeat

YES.

I wanted lion people race for Alliance since ages.

It will be logical choice from Blizzard because Saberon share skeleton rig and animations with Worgen. It's development resources can be used for updating Worgen models.

Yes please, the more cats the better. Can my hunter just tame one? :3

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psykho View Post
    I believe the Allied race recruitment quest for saberon, could serve to explain Saberon culture a little, and the Saberon could serve as an intimidating bruiser race, a roll played by the Tauren and Orcs in the Horde, worgen come close to this, but while they have the intimidation factor, their not quite bruisers, plus, Stormwind loves lions, if Leorajh turned up with a bunch of exiled saberons, Anduin would take em in in a heartbeat
    You misunderstand: What story could they tell?

Refugees? We've got Westfall, the Gilneans, and now the Night Elves for that.
    Trying to control their animalistic urges? Gilneans.
    Violent Warriors in touch with Nature? Night Elves.

There's just no real story I can see in them, based on what we -know- of them, that isn't already a component of another Alliance Race's story. They'd wind up being shoehorned in and cramped within the plot, stepping on the toes of other races and stealing the spotlight from them inside the same story. The only stories that -wouldn't- do that, based on what we've seen from them so far, wouldn't be -suited- to joining the Alliance. Unrestrained savagery, willingness to slaughter entire groups of people and eat them. Staking prisoners out to use for combat practice.

Beyond them looking neat, and the "Alliance needs Lions" what do they -really- bring to the table that the Worgen and Nelves don't, already?
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Saberon is an okay choice but I hate their animations; the Worgen skeleton running and casting animations are just awful.
    If they become playable, I'm sure they'll get the Vulpera treatment. Having new animations different from the Worgens, like Blizz is doing with Vulpera's animations over the Goblins. Like to see them run like actual cats.

And the Saberons would have a large customization like the Vulperas. Males would have manes (lions? how about lyger and leopion saberons?) and the female saberon model would look more appealing then a Worgen's females.
    Allies Race Wishlist: ALLIANCE: Tuskarr and Vrykul HORDE: Gnoll and Mok'Nathal
    New Class Wishlist: Blademaster, Tinker, Necromancer, Bard

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post

I'll be fine with that.
    the saberons are "dark" as fuck, with their savage and animal theme

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Will be hard to make, since they dont share the framework of one of the alrdy playable races.
    Actually they are using worgen female skeleton. Rest can be worked out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    The Alliance should get Vulpera or Furbolgs.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    the saberons are "dark" as fuck, with their savage and animal theme
    It reason why Alliance can't have them?

And they don't dark - more like primal and feral.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Black View Post
    It reason why Alliance can't have them?
    yes, alliance players only want the good guys, warriors of justice blablabla, they would ruin the saberon like they ruined the worgens

And they don't dark - more like primal and feral.
    they dark too, you just need to see their culture in wod

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    The Alliance should get Vulpera or Furbolgs.
    Why should the Alliance get Vulpera? If anything they'll end up with more human or human-like races anyways. Alliance's motto: "More humans, then non-humans."
    Allies Race Wishlist: ALLIANCE: Tuskarr and Vrykul HORDE: Gnoll and Mok'Nathal
    New Class Wishlist: Blademaster, Tinker, Necromancer, Bard