Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by God King Rastakhan View Post
    We'll kick N'zoth in the butt, and he realizes that not even he can take us on OR... he kicks US in the butt, and goes on to complete his grand plan which has been in the making all along!, so he'll crawl deep underground into huge, cave biomes, resurrect all the other old gods and reunify their various forces and different aqir offshoots to remake the black empire. The newly restored nerubian kingdom, rejecting their former masters, go all atheist on them and team up with us instead. Capital city: Ahn'kahet.

Halfway through the expansion Bolvar crashes the party by doing what he wanted to do in legion and decides to throw his scourge at the enemy to "save" Azeroth, which ties into us deciding he's gone off the hook and needs to be dealt with in the expansion after.

That... actually sounds really cool. I'd love for the scourge to come back that way, not as the main villain but as a tool that gets loose, just like what happened to the legion when they created them.

Quote Originally Posted by Siglius View Post
    So far we know Queen Aszhara is the final boss of the first tier. So the Gul'dan of BFA. My current predictions would be Zul for 2nd tier and something wildcard for 3rd tier. N'zoth seems to obvious imo, so it might be N'zoth, but with a twist of some sort.
    Sounds curiously similar to Legion. But sure, it could work! Zul being a bigger bad than Azshara rubs me the wrong way. I'd much prefer Azshara to be the primary villain, but... well, we'll see.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by God King Rastakhan View Post
    Halfway through the expansion Bolvar crashes the party by doing what he wanted to do in legion and decides to throw his scourge at the enemy to "save" Azeroth, which ties into us deciding he's gone off the hook and needs to be dealt with in the expansion after. The nerubians, deciding to have some payback for the previous lich king almost wiping out their entire civilization just a few years earlier, tag along with us into 9.0 aswell.
    World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Other Lich King.

Joking aside, and firmly against the ridiculousness of fighting Bolvar for reasons, I think you have some clever ideas with the story. We'll just have to wait and see how it turns out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Someone has to die to end the faction conflict. Either Anduin or Sylvanas.

I just think that'll be next expansion. The Faction War is a free excuse to continue having expansions on Azeroth. Maybe Blizz is the utmost of lazy and gives us a phased Lordaeron, or maybe they pull another Pandaria and we find a lost continent while fighting with our shiny new fleets.
    Maybe someone does have to die, but maybe it's not them you know. A bigger threat has often caused some easing between the horde and the alliance. They're just building Anduin's arc, so I really doubt he's going to die either.

Maybe Sylvanas' arc has run its course, it's tough to say because there are just so many reasons she can't be written out efficiently.

I don't think we will fight N'Zoth in BFA - Azshara or resurrected C'Thun maybe.

I'm Alliance player but it would be good to use Alliance character as villain. Tyrande in End of Time style or Void infused Anduin (without killing Anduin).

Please leave Jaina and Genn alone. They the only interesting Alliance characters left.

Edit: As for Sylvanas she should be killed off. But not as raid boss.
    Last edited by Jack Black; 2018-03-10 at 09:58 PM.

Someone has to die to end the faction conflict. Either Anduin or Sylvanas.
    Not sure I agree. The only time someone 'had' to die was in MoP and that was pretty much by popular demand. Neither Anduin nor Sylvanas (nor even Jaina) have that same level of 'please get rid of them' that Garrosh did.

Highly unlikely that the final boss will be faction specific, or from either faction. We're headed full throttle into space cancer territory, so it will be some crazy spawn of N'zoth or N'zoth himself.

There's also zero chance it will end up being Jaina or Genn. If you still think that after all this time you're clueless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Black View Post
    Please leave Jaina and Genn alone. They the only interesting Alliance characters left.
    ... Not gonna lie, I think I'd pay to kill Mekkatorque off in a raid.

I'd love seeing Sylvanas off'd for good, but it's just not happening.

Sylvanas will outlive everybody probably

Quote Originally Posted by Nuba View Post
    Azshara is speculated to be a lot more powerful than kil'jaeden and archimonde now that she has gathered her powers and became more powerful through the years (since at 10k years before wow she was just as powerful as KJ and Archimonde, and that was even before her voidness and naganess), so I wouldn't mind her being the last boss of BfA, heralding an old-god themed expansion.
    Of course she's not. Malfurion fought her 1v1 during the War of the Ancients, she was more powerful than Mannoroth but not close to KJ or Archimonde. Now she has probably grown but it is doubtful that she's at Archimonde level, but even then we already killed him fair and square.

And it's highly unlikely that she's the final boss. As I understood it, she will be the endboss of the second or, max, third raid given that her model has already been datamined. Zul is also a likely candidate for a tier boss, either as a ToV-esque filler raid or a full blown tier before or after Azshara, and then we close with N'Zoth.

The way i see it,BfA will be MoP v2.
    A small brake from real threat for the first tier, a semi dangerous threat for 2nd tier and at the last one we will get some wrong move and get a huge ass old god threatening us with his raid leading to the next expansions,where we destroy old gods and open our way to the void lords.

Some Azerite boss

- - - Updated - - -

I've gone back and forth on this but I think I've more or less settled into the idea of the expansion going like this.

Tier 0 - G'huun.
    Tier 1 - Azshara.
    Tier 2 - Zul.
    Tier 3 - N'Zoth.

I think the transition into N'Zoth is we're gonna find out that everything we've been doing in BFA has been directly benefitting the Old Gods in some way, shape, or form. Even The Wound was to their advantage as it opened a path for their minions to get to Azeroth the Titan's domain (which I can't not call the Heart of Azeroth, it's too easy a name, screw you necklace) and we'll fight N'Zoth in the chamber of Azeroth's World Soul like we fought Aggramar in Argus'.
    the final boss since wod has been someone we never expected/got barely any spotlight
    archimonde and argus the unmaker.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Some Azerite boss

- - - Updated - - -

the final boss since wod has been someone we never expected/got barely any spotlight
    archimonde and argus the unmaker.
    They kind of wrote themselves into a corner. WOD had a ton of cut content. With Legion, if we beat Sargeras, wouldn't it feel disproportionate power-wise if we then had to level up to fight Aszhara?

Deleted
    I've gone back and forth on this but I think I've more or less settled into the idea of the expansion going like this.

Tier 0 - G'huun.
    Tier 1 - Azshara.
    Tier 2 - Zul.
    Tier 3 - N'Zoth.

I think the transition into N'Zoth is we're gonna find out that everything we've been doing in BFA has been directly benefitting the Old Gods in some way, shape, or form. Even The Wound was to their advantage as it opened a path for their minions to get to Azeroth the Titan's domain (which I can't not call the Heart of Azeroth, it's too easy a name, screw you necklace) and we'll fight N'Zoth in the chamber of Azeroth's World Soul like we fought Aggramar in Argus'.
    So
    Troll
    Naga
    Troll
    Old god...

I thought this is a faction war exp pack where is the Alliance raid?

Why must there be some big bad of the overall expansion?

I kind of like Mists and Vanilla of the "What is a threat popping up" deal. I also find these expansions tend to be good for setting up the next SUPER large threat.

8.0 New Leveling zone sowing seeds for 8.1 raid
    8.0.5 Sow in seeds and quest lines for 8.2 raid, while cementing the 8.1 raid. A new dungeon
    8.1 New Raid, we deal with the first threat finally. Some more lines for the 8.2 raid is put in, while the 8.3 storyline starts to show.
    8.1.5 cementing the 8.2 raid in the story, with more towards the 8.3 showing up
    8.2 New raid, we are dealing with the threat that was seen in 0.5. Some lines for the next expansion is set up while 8.3's villain is more fleshed out.
    8.2.5 New dungeon/quest content that leads to the 8.3 raid.
    8.3 The last raid with more info laid up for the next expansion.

Not just that, they could lay the story line out at the start with a few unfinished quest lines, or quest lines that just end in a cliffhanger.

I would actually like the 8.2 raid to actually be a faction raids..... like a 17 boss tier. 8 bosses for each faction with 1 shared boss. Or maybe the Alliance and the Horde are raiding an island. They each start on different ends and thus the starting 2-3 bosses are different. Then they intersect with a faction battle. Then the next few bosses are shared before another split and then another confrontation.
    Last edited by Augrelle; 2018-03-11 at 12:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by torish View Post
    Sylvanas and Jaina sound logical to me considering the fact its a horde alliance war expac.

Sylvanas is going to want to become the new lich king, and we need to stop her.
    And Jaina is going in full warmonger mode falling to fel magic. So we have to stop her too.

Two raids at the end of the expac then.. why not?
    Cause that sounds like full blown predictable AIDS

Quote Originally Posted by Uoyredrum View Post
    If it happens do we get to come back and call you dumb?
    sure but I wouldn't look forward to it.

I'd rather Sylvanas actual care about the Horde and lead it properly.

As for Jaina...well I actually want her to have a story again. She either needs to calm down, or get her killing spree on, cause its WAR. She was always a good combat mage, and her ideals were admirable. She's almost gone too far, and she's seen she almost went too far. The Horde's betrayed her trust too many times. She's done with them as an organization.

10+ Year Old Account
    Old God which will lead to a Void Lord expansion with Wrathion taking on the roll of our new Dadgar.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by NoahWeaver View Post
    Well I wasn't saying Jaina isn't capable of reason or mercy and kindness. She cleary is a noble... the Old gods love to corrupt nobel's like her & she is a Magus, (which means that the sha can be used against her or even slowly corrupt her inside). N'zoth is lurking about in the depths watching & tainting nobel's like her everyday on azeroth. Though other than Anduin she would be the toughest one to corrupt without a direct fight. But if she gets corrupted even Sylvanus will want to kill herself in the face of Jaina.
    Sure, but like I said, the devs already stated at Blizzcon that Jaina isn't evil. I think that was basically to squelch the whole "Jaina is secretly corrupted" thing that's been going around the last five to six years.

Chalk it up to poor writing of a character who has had enough shit after so much tolerance and mercy. She's basically done. She fed up with the hordes lack of balance within itself.